Herald of the Titans!

85 Tauren Druid
My shaman is level 80 and I am looking for some people to get the achievement "Herald of the Titans." The key is no longer needed to open the door to fight algalon. And the hour time limit has been removed. So I just need 8 other people to gear their level 80 (226 ilevel max armor, and 232 ilevel max for weapons) and down algalon for the title. Whisper me in game if interested.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I do believe that title has been made unattainable since before Wrath ended. I haven't played in months but I'm sure I remember a few guildies doing a run right before it was removed just before Cata launched.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
07/01/2012 06:42 PMPosted by Kárma
I do believe that title has been made unattainable since before Wrath ended. I haven't played in months but I'm sure I remember a few guildies doing a run right before it was removed just before Cata launched.

Herald of the Titans being unattainable is a myth. It was never removed. The achievement was converted to a feat of strength. You just don't hear about people doing it often because it requires level 80.

The only issue with HOT is finding the people willing to put in the effort. Even though the effort to do it is kind of overrated, since you only really need to do maybe one or two weeks of Wrath raids at the most to gear for it. Cata flasks, pots and profession bonuses handle the rest. People have done it in greens and blues.

You can even do it cross-realm via real id.
Edited by Salion on 8/14/2012 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid

Herald of the Titans being unattainable is a myth. It was never removed. The achievement was converted to a feat of strength. You just don't hear about people doing it often because it requires level 80.

^this.
i didn't even think about the realid thing. and yeah, the only hard thing is finding the people to do it with. don't really even need to raid, the justice points rewards and icecrown citadel dungeons are more than enough to gear any class.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
It depends on the group. If you're carrying a few people (likely because of desperation to find people) then you might have to gear up the people willing to put in the effort a bit more. Especially if the carried people get lazy with JP/dungeon grinding. Gearing people up through raids is pretty fast anyway. You use Cata greens/dungeon blues to twink the hell out of them, and a small group can steamroll.

For a while there we had a habit of twink levelling characters on a regular basis through PVP. We had plans to do the whole HOT thing, but one of the players involved "accidentally" levelled. I thought about trying it again later, but then Blizzard announced account achievements. Almost all of the people that were involved with it got it on their mains back in Wrath, so no chance of people doing it again.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
You can turn off experience gain so it's amusing that he accidentally leveled. And yeah, I read about the account wide titles, but I didn't know it was account wide achievements as well? If you want to join, so far I got myself and Turkeyz on his priest.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I posted on the general forums as well. Should get some feedback.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
07/02/2012 11:29 PMPosted by Btf
You can turn off experience gain so it's amusing that he accidentally leveled. And yeah, I read about the account wide titles, but I didn't know it was account wide achievements as well? If you want to join, so far I got myself and Turkeyz on his priest.

Not sure what happened. We just chalk it up to Doomslice (Brony) being the cause of all hardship and distress in the world.

The title is the only thing that matters to most people. The only character I have left for something like HOT is hunter #25 at 78. And he's staying that way until I decide I want to put the effort into fully Cata gearing him out for twink PVP. Probably will let that alt sit until MoP pre-patch.

Good luck with it. You could bug Defpotec about it. I know he doesn't have the title, so he might be interested. And he's one of the few left that still logs in fairly regularly.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
FREAKING DOOMSLICE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I did a herald run recently (last month?) on my warlock. I've left my warlock locked at 80. I also know folks with geared lvl 80 locked alts for Herald (ele shaman, prot paladin, spriest, hunter). Feel free to find me in game. I have my achieve, but I don't mind helping others. Still want my stupid gloves off Algalon anyways.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]