Insight into how awesome Blizzard GMs aren't

90 Worgen Warrior
My Ticket Report:
"Characters Darkblue and Slý on server Stormrage playing with Arena 2v2 Team "Suk a diq fggt"

Really Superb GM Response:
6/26/2012 1:49 AM
Whimso
Customer Service Representative

Greetings!

First, Blizzard Support does not provide game hints. Second, we've looked over the information you've provided in your ticket, and feel that you may be able to find the answer you're looking for on one of our official fan sites. Below are some great resources for quest information, gameplay hints, and even some basic help on playing your character:

Your fellow players - many players have had or asked the same questions you have.

The Blizzard Self Service Knowledgebase: http://us.battle.net/support/en/games/diablo3/gameplay-support

www.wowhead.com - Wowhead features enormous amounts of user-driven information, through basic game information, comments on database entries and screenshot submissions! The site also features forums, where users can ask questions, discuss important World of Warcraft-related topics, recommend and share favorite addons, and much more.

www.wowpedia.org - Wowpedia is a wiki dedicated to cataloging the Warcraft universe (with a focus, though not priority, on World of Warcraft); covering the entire Warcraft series of games, RPG reference books, strategy guides, novels, comics (manga and otherwise), and other sources.

We hope these resources can help guide you to the answer you're looking for. Thank you again for contacting us.

Regards,
Blizzard Entertainment

And my reponse:

Did you even READ my ticket? How does me reporting 2 players for an arena team name of "suk a diq fggt" ANYWHERE close to me asking for game hints? This is quite possibly the worst customer service response I have ever been given. I couldn't report them in-game because I didn't see their arena team name until after the match was over so I put in a ticket.

Why would you ever send me to wowhead or wowpedia to report 2 players for a team name that is obviously against the Blizzard ToA. " Second, we've looked over the information you've provided in your ticket, and feel that you may be able to find the answer you're looking for on one of our official fan sites."

What a joke, if this is the kind of help that Whimso provides, he should not be a member of the blizzard support staff. Try reading the ticket at least next time.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
If you are reporting players you do it not in a ticket now.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
You can't report them after they've left if they're cross-server.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
In my experience you can't report them unless they speak in chat anyway. Unless it's my UI or something.

I wrote a ticket about a mining bot recently, and he told me I had to use the new ingame reporting feature...I had no means, how's a mining bot going to say something?
Reply Quote
88 Human Priest
06/28/2012 08:51 PMPosted by Tyza
how's a mining bot going to say something?
IN BINARY, MAYBE. HAHAHAHA ugh.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
06/28/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Praxeology
IN BINARY, MAYBE. HAHAHAHA ugh.

I clicked like on that.
Edited by Tyza on 6/29/2012 2:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
You can only report players if you can click on their actual character. If the individual logs, leaves a BG or the arena you are forced to open a ticket and report them using those methods. It's a highly flawed system Blizzard has resorted to, to reduce the amount of tickets send out so that the staff they have (after firing 600 positions) can better use time on other issues.

I also agree. Now-a-days, GM's are completely useless. Their responses are half-!@# or automated; copy/paste. CEO's want to continue getting their bonuses so they cut valuable personal to insure they get that fat paycheck every year.

I've had one inform me that when players ninja in-game they can't do anything about it. It's sad.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
It's whimso, As pointed out by multiple threads on the forums, he is well known for replying to tickets like that.

When I think of him in my mind, I auctually picture some guy sittin at a desk with coffee, reading tickets, and then clicking a macro to reply to them telling them that blizzard does not support in game hints rofl, and then he laughs.
Reply Quote
81 Draenei Shaman
you deserve to get that response for being a mongoloid and reporting somebodys 2s team.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
06/28/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Garwal
You can't report them after they've left if they're cross-server.

07/22/2012 07:07 PMPosted by Jibbs
you deserve to get that response for being a mongoloid and reporting somebodys 2s team.

I did it for somewho had a team named N***** Always Run.

THE TRICK IS: you gotta submit a ticket actually for Harassment or Cheating, or something else...then surprise them (the GM ) with it. It will get passed to the right department.

It worked at least for me, and they force changed their team name. They werent even on my realm.
Edited by Garamsythe on 7/24/2012 4:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'd venture a guess to say that most of the people in here would file a police report if they saw me littering, or jaywalking.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
07/26/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Gribblejones
I'd venture a guess to say that most of the people in here would file a police report if they saw me littering, or jaywalking.

who let this gribblejones kid in here
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
07/26/2012 03:03 PMPosted by Gribblejones

I just did.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]