Aelannor

85 Gnome Warrior
Rules for dealing with Aelannor.

1) Don't bother trying to call "her" out on her level, her lack of progression, her failure to even enter a single arena, etc. It's just troll food.

2) Don't bother trying to use logic, argue, or insult. More troll food.

3) Don't bother accusing "her" of lying or exaggerating.

4) If you want to say something to "her" or about "her", make sure it's as ridiculous as something "she" would say. "Aelannor, you're just angry that I soloed your 5v5 team this morning in arenas." "My arena rating is 5600. What's yours?" "I am the CEO of a major international corporation and I make 9 figures. I would tell you which one but I don't want the press bothering me here."

5) If she asks you to link an achievement (namely Gladiator) and you don't have it, just say "I already linked it."

The more people that start doing this every time "she" rears her head in trade, the sooner "she'll" start plaguing some other server or game instead of ours.
Reply Quote
sounds like my kind of woman
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If only we could votekick her from the server...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Aeleannor is the best troll ever, this thread being created proves it. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
07/01/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Adoneiras
Aeleannor is the best troll ever, this thread being created proves it. ;)

I agree, "she" is quite adept at trolling. And I already realized that creating a thread dedicated to "her" is exactly what "she" would want, but ultimately her popularity will be her downfall. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that she's just trolling and most of what she says is made up or just there to get a response. Now it's reached the point where enough people are familiar with her stupid game that we can take all the fun out of it for her.

You do this either by ignoring her, which only works if you get everyone to do it (not gonna happen) or by turning her whole act into a 2-sided thing, effectively causing it to become RP. It is an RP server, after all. So far, I've done it every time Aelannor has chimed in about anything, and "it" stops talking after a few minutes of it until I switch toons or leave Stormwind.

The best way to get rid of a pest like this is to poison its food supply.
Reply Quote
The !@#$ is Aelannor?
Reply Quote
OH WAIT! Isn't that the first season glad mage?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wow, Ael has someone REALLY worked up!

The best way to kill a troll is to right-click their name and select ignore. Repeat for all of your toons. If you feel you'll be out of the conversation because of that, you're spending too much time in SW.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I'd hate to be a #@#*, but it's highly unlikely everyone on the server reads these forums, and even if they did, I doubt all of them can be bothered to take up torches and pitchforks against Aelannor like you have.

By making this thread, you've pretty much made Aelannor's wildest dreams come true.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I recognize a few things in this thread. First of, it's an Ael thread, so that is something any long time ER forum poster will recognize. I recognize Leahnidas and Honor Guard, I recognize Jorundr and I recognize Adoneiras, for all the others, welcom to ER forums and Earthen Ring! :)
Reply Quote
Yeah Spruce. Welcome to ER. Glad you finally transferred over to join us!

/wat@Priced
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Not sure if OP is trolling, or just stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Eh, to be fair, I was known as Poupee for a while.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
07/01/2012 05:38 PMPosted by Beardamus
sounds like my kind of woman

YOU ARE AWESOME
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Reporting her not only puts her on your ignore list on all characters at once, it is more likely to have something done about it than just right-clicking and hit ignore.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/02/2012 03:49 PMPosted by Rafikki
Reporting her not only puts her on your ignore list on all characters at once, it is more likely to have something done about it than just right-clicking and hit ignore.

Out of morbid curiousity, what exactly would we be reporting Ael for? Granted, I don't sit in trade long enough to observe any kind of lengthy conversations but I don't see her curse or say anything vulgar; she simply calls everyone baddies and tells you you're wrong about everything. Not liking what someone says is not a reportable offense (well I guess it is but [hopefully] Blizzard just ignores it.)

EDIT: Also Priced, did you miss the fish while making your post?
Edited by Leahnidas on 7/2/2012 4:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
OP has already lost his battle with Ael.
Reply Quote
I'm looking for a woman who has a comparable neckbeard to myself.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
07/02/2012 04:19 PMPosted by Leahnidas

Out of morbid curiousity, what exactly would we be reporting Ael for? Granted, I don't sit in trade long enough to observe any kind of lengthy conversations but I don't see her curse or say anything vulgar; she simply calls everyone baddies and tells you you're wrong about everything. Not liking what someone says is not a reportable offense (well I guess it is but [hopefully] Blizzard just ignores it.)

EDIT: Also Priced, did you miss the fish while making your post?

I believe there is an option when you hover over report that says "Trolling." Obviously that is up to Blizzard to determine what is trolling.

If there isn't a trolling option and nothing under the report list that qualifies what Aelannor does, just open a ticket and report it that way.
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 08:01 PMPosted by Beardamus
I'm looking for a woman who has a comparable neckbeard to myself.

Okay thats it I'm transferring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]