Tero PvP Event

07/05/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Kuh
Stop being a negative nancy Nellaria

Shut up.

AQ it is then. I can start the group for the alliance. Who will on the horde? Kuh?

Any date suggestions? I don't have a preference.

I want even amount of numbers, relatively, for each side. No advantages for either side.

I didn't have a great time the last time a Halaa event was planned. It was very unorganized.

Kuh has set up story-line world PVP events in the past that worked well.

Or have a neutral zone tower(s) or something that we can fight over...isn't there one in Terokkar Forest? Eastern Plaguelands or Hellfire Peninsula if not.

Also good if both factions are on vent together or real ID at least one person on opposing team so everyone knows what the hell is going on.

Exactly how would communication between the factions make for fun world pvp?

the point is to go kill each other right? not to have a party?

Though you do make a good point, it would be stupid for us, in this scenario, to not have at least the leader able to communicate to the other side. We need to know what what we're suppose to do and where we are suppose to go to acheive organized WPVP.
Edited by Nellaria on 7/5/2012 10:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
I bet that will go as well as Halaa.
Reply Quote
Oh yeah this sounds kind of...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ViF6JRNjTk&feature=related
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

I agree with Coker, count me out.

I can't stand to deal with bossy overbearing people and Nellaria you are just that.
Edited by Healeighgee on 7/6/2012 5:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Though you do make a good point, it would be stupid for us, in this scenario, to not have at least the leader able to communicate to the other side. We need to know what what we're suppose to do and where we are suppose to go to acheive organized WPVP.

Pretty sure a date, time and location is all that is required. What you are supposed to do is kill the people with the red names.

It's not a prom date, it's rather simple.

edit:

Or it could go like most city attacks, with people communicating on both sides and nothing really happening. /shrugs

Either way, if it's overly complicated, I won't bother.
Edited by Elunamakata on 7/6/2012 6:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I can't stand to deal with bossy overbearing people and Nellaria you are just that.

Trying to organize an event, like you asked makes people bossy? ALRIGHT THERE BIG GUY
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
07/06/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Artaius
Trying to organize an event, like you asked makes people bossy? ALRIGHT THERE BIG GUY

Helping organize and taking over stepping on people's toes are 2 different things.

Regardless, I'm out. I'll never attempt to organize anything else. I have other things that I can do besides try and make fun events for the server.
Edited by Healeighgee on 7/6/2012 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
07/05/2012 01:54 PMPosted by Lulamae
Exactly how would communication between the factions make for fun world pvp?

We shouldn't even be having this convo on this forum!

When you're trying to meet up and a certain place and time it helps to be able to communicate efficiently.

07/05/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Healeighgee
Then by all means don't you come.

Grow thicker skin, she gave her opinion, don't get annoyed. Besides, you'll need all the help you can get.

Regardless, I'm out. I'll never attempt to organize anything else. I have other things that I can do besides try and make fun events for the server.

Boy that escalated quickly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did the alliance just troll themselves into defeat?
Reply Quote

Are you serious? Like, wtf?

I said Shut up because he called me Nancy and just for the lulz. I asked for a date and time and I suggested good things in this forum. Where the hell are you getting this?

Thank you Artaius. Maybe I should leave Healei to make the group, get the people, organize the whole entire event for the alliance side? Sorry for actually contributing to Wpvp and trying to make something happen on this already kind-of boring server.

Helping organize and taking over stepping on people's toes are 2 different things.

Then you are just being selfish. You are acting like the exact opposite as the way you should to bring the wpvp community to life.

Like are you THAT much of a gnome?
Edited by Nellaria on 7/6/2012 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I just posted a link I'm sorry O.o
Edited by Coker on 7/6/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
07/06/2012 02:19 PMPosted by Nellaria
Like are you THAT much of a gnome?

I'm taller than you, my mother is an elf!!

Fine, let's work together and make it happen!

Let's all remember, myself included, typed words have no tone of voice. They can be misconstrued easily.
Edited by Healeighgee on 7/6/2012 6:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Theres the happy 4 fingered runt I remember come over here and let Papa Coker stuff you under my shaman kilt to hide you from the bad bad words.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
07/06/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Coker
Theres the happy 4 fingered runt I remember come over here and let Papa Coker stuff you under my shaman kilt to hide you from the bad bad words.

Ewww cow fur smells...
:P
Reply Quote

Fine, let's work together and make it happen!

Sounds good.

Date suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I'm busy this Saturday, any other day is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
<Exactly how would communication between the factions make for fun world pvp?

the point is to go kill each other right? not to have a party?[/quote]

For Kuh's events, we were on vent with each other to make sure that 1) each faction was ready to start at same time and 2) because we were switching up like horde on offense, then alliance on offense...so every time we regrouped we let each other know so people weren't getting graveyard camped or something stupid.
So yeah, you can just go kill everything you see that's red, but eventually chaos ensues and people on one faction or the other get pissy and leave. I have been to many PVP events and seen that happen many times.
If your vent server is big enough, not even like everyone has to be in the same channel, a leader could just hop into their channel to say ready or something, or like I said- Real ID is your friend for the leaders, then you don't even need both factions on vent.

[/quote]
Then by all means don't you come.[/quote]

Another wtf. Was just trying to help but whatever.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I believe the issue last time (Halaa) was that there was a fundamental miscommunication of intent, in that Horde showed up actually expecting PVP, and the Alliance showed up expecting to get some cordial kill-trading done.

We did, however, overcome the misunderstanding and have a pretty decent fight. I just don't think any of the original Allies stuck around for it.

"Fun" is so subjective.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Shaman
I'm interested in the AQ thing. How's that going to work?

Just fly into the zone and each faction tries to off the other?

Perhaps several 2 man teams from each faction spread out and search throughout the zone to kill enemies, or 2 teams fight in one large spot (IE: Ossirian chamber, plenty of large but spread out LOS pillars), ghosts will be able to fly quickly in the area, or perhaps the horde and alliance can start at 2 entirely different parts of the area and get off flying mounts (kick people in flying mounts?,) then procede to search and destroy. Underwater ambush possible from one faction, as well as lots of other fun stuff.
Edited by Jenzul on 7/13/2012 6:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Hi.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
07/13/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Jenzul
Perhaps several 2 man teams from each faction spread out and search throughout the zone to kill enemies, or 2 teams fight in one large spot (IE: Ossirian chamber, plenty of large but spread out LOS pillars), ghosts will be able to fly quickly in the area, or perhaps the horde and alliance can start at 2 entirely different parts of the area and get off flying mounts (kick people in flying mounts?,) then procede to search and destroy. Underwater ambush possible from one faction, as well as lots of other fun stuff.

I like all this but I think the easiest thing to do would be to pick one room and just have the two factions go at it.

07/13/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Jenzul
2 teams fight in one large spot (IE: Ossirian chamber, plenty of large but spread out LOS pillars)

so I'ma vote for that
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]