Question for Alliance Players(Mop Spoilers)

06/30/2012 12:06 AMPosted by Iyotanka
How? he never apologises for open attacks on alliance terriortory, for example, Ashenvale, Alterac Valley, Gilneas, Lorderon,

And therefore he "only supports peaceful resolutions when it benefits him"? We know that he's attempted peaceful resolutions in the past and suggesting that he ONLY does so when it benefits him neglects most of Cataclysm's unfortunate Thrall-centric storyline.

If you can't see the problem with that, then there's little I can do to help you.

He sought peace first, but had no problem with turning to war when it didn't get him what he wanted.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Horde players need not apply. So Alliance, we all know that the the raid to Orgrimmar is coming. The question I have to ask is this...

What the HELL would make you want to help the Horde take back their city when we can just sit back and watch them tear each other apart? What would make you as an Alliance player feel justified in helping your enemies take back their capital city and then just quietly pack up and go home?

Nothing. But "helping" the Horde take back the city isn't going to be the goal. Removing Garrosh is. As to why we don't keep it? Who knows. It's going to be some odd excuse. The Alliance is to weak to hold it, or something. I don't expect the Alliance to do good in the war in MoP.

If the Horde splits in a civil war, and the split is large enough to have a major city taken control of, then that means the Norde post MoP is going to be very weak. The same must be true for the Alliance for the sake of the store to continue. Thus, the Alliance is going to be hurting. The only way to pull that off is severe casualties. Which ties back into Garrosh needing to be removed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/28/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Crappytank
What the HELL would make you want to help the Horde take back their city when we can just sit back and watch them tear each other apart? What would make you as an Alliance player feel justified in helping your enemies take back their capital city and then just quietly pack up and go home?

A revolutionary faction within the horde that seeks to abolish the office of warchief and create a representative, liberal republic.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record aren't I?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
A revolutionary faction within the horde that seeks to abolish the office of warchief and create a representative, liberal republic.

Yeah, but I'd accept it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

That's too advance. The other Horde racial leaders should simply demand to stand as equals against the Orc's leader instead of differing to him on everything. They'll need a forum to maintain some semblance of unity, but whatever comes after the Horde should be based on independent states cooperating to a common purpose.

Oh, and Ogrimmar needs to be totally destroyed. I'd be content with the Alliance leveling the place and burying it under the canyon walls and then leaving. There's absolutely no reason to hold it when destroying it is even more effective.

In fact, I want a scene where before the raid begins Thrall meets with Jania. He begs her to not destroy his city and his people and in exchange he'll tell her a secret way into the city. She agrees and listens to him where he then uses his funky shaman powers to make a map of the underground area, which he knows about because the planning for it began while he was warchief.

After he's done, she laughs at him, telling him she has every intention of destroying the entire place and she doesn't care if his people escape or not. Thrall roars and brandishes Doomhammer, but Jania freezes him on the spot and teleports him into the ocean.

(For those of you don't get the reference, this alludes to how Jania begged Thrall to spare Theramore in exchange for her father's life, going so far as to tell Thrall how exactly to go about invading Theramore.)
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
06/30/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Cbredbeard
Oh, and Ogrimmar needs to be totally destroyed.

I'd be up for this is the New Orgrimmar was built where Theramore was. The Swamp shroud provide plenty of resources for the Horde, far away from Ashenvale.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Oh, and Ogrimmar needs to be totally destroyed.

I'd be up for this is the New Orgrimmar was built where Theramore was. The Swamp shroud provide plenty of resources for the Horde, far away from Ashenvale.

There won't be a new Orgrimmar. There will be refugee camps and Orc squatters scattered throughout all of the Horde starting zones. Especially in Azshara for a bit of delicious irony since the Orcs forced the Goblins into a borderline combustible slum.
Edited by Cbredbeard on 6/30/2012 8:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
The thing that kills me is they're acting SO put upon for actually getting to invade Orgrimmar.

I would trade scenarios as is with NO hesitation.

Hell, if this is really Horde bias, I'd be all for a dozen Alliance biased raids.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight

That's too advance. The other Horde racial leaders should simply demand to stand as equals against the Orc's leader instead of differing to him on everything. They'll need a forum to maintain some semblance of unity, but whatever comes after the Horde should be based on independent states cooperating to a common purpose.

Oh, and Ogrimmar needs to be totally destroyed. I'd be content with the Alliance leveling the place and burying it under the canyon walls and then leaving. There's absolutely no reason to hold it when destroying it is even more effective.

In fact, I want a scene where before the raid begins Thrall meets with Jania. He begs her to not destroy his city and his people and in exchange he'll tell her a secret way into the city. She agrees and listens to him where he then uses his funky shaman powers to make a map of the underground area, which he knows about because the planning for it began while he was warchief.

After he's done, she laughs at him, telling him she has every intention of destroying the entire place and she doesn't care if his people escape or not. Thrall roars and brandishes Doomhammer, but Jania freezes him on the spot and teleports him into the ocean.

(For those of you don't get the reference, this alludes to how Jania begged Thrall to spare Theramore in exchange for her father's life, going so far as to tell Thrall how exactly to go about invading Theramore.)

What did The Horde ever do to you? Did somebody in a Horde shirt knock over your letterbox? Your hatred (While delicious to look upon) is really worrying.

Also, for future reference, I doubt Jania has the power to even ANNOY Thrall if he's A) Lost his temper and B) Fighting for the survival of The Orcs, whom we know the elemental spirits like a whole bunch. So "Freezing him in place" would be more along the lines of "Erecting a flimsy ice wall so he can shoulder-ram through it and crush her pink skull."

I mean, cmon. Thrall is The World Shaman and you think some human tart with a dash of magic can stop him? I don't like Thrall very much as a character (Since he's the WoW Goku and he can solve any problem by grimacing at it), but he's easily several orders of power above Jaina.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/30/2012 08:53 AMPosted by Cbredbeard
since the Orcs forced the Goblins into a borderline combustible slum

You mean the one they created?

And even IF the alliance had the adiquet forces to continue fighting after Garrosh fell do you realize how many more of their soldiers would die? Only to continue this cycle of hatred, hell might even make the rebel horde start to agree with Garrosh's view of things. When thinking of this as a leader you need to think of the long term consequences. The Forsaken are still holding Lordaeron firmly in their grasp and your on forces are going to be greatly diminished. That and the Burning Legion is coming back. Metzin said its personal this time.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
06/30/2012 09:11 AMPosted by Kroxxigar
Also, for future reference, I doubt Jania has the power to even ANNOY Thrall if he's A) Lost his temper and B) Fighting for the survival of The Orcs, whom we know the elemental spirits like a whole bunch.

The Elemental Spirits don't favor a race, for starters, and for another, Thrall apparently expended his, 'World Shaman,' powers in the Dragonsoul raid to take down Deathwing, by imbuing the Dragonsoul with tiny little spark of the Earth Warder's power he had someone attained.

Meanwhile, Jaina will have the Focusing Iris at the end of the Destruction of Theramore (presumably, unless she destroys it or something), and was trained in magic, not only by Antonidas, but also by Agewynn, the Guardian of Tirisfal who bested Sargeras so badly he had to resort to hiding in her unborn child to get back at her. Jaina is described as the most powerful Sorceress on the face of the planet, and she may or may not augment that power and skill with the Focusing Iris.

Not only could she freeze him in place, but because the Ice she created would be magical, not elemental, Thrall couldn't so much as crack it with his shamanistic powers.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
06/30/2012 09:15 AMPosted by Distro
since the Orcs forced the Goblins into a borderline combustible slum

And even IF the alliance had the adiquet forces to continue fighting after Garrosh fell do you realize how many more of their soldiers would die? Only to continue this cycle of hatred, hell might even make the rebel horde start to agree with Garrosh's view of things. When thinking of this as a leader you need to think of the long term consequences. The Forsaken are still holding Lordaeron firmly in their grasp and your on forces are going to be greatly diminished. That and the Burning Legion is coming back. Metzin said its personal this time.

Logic plays no part in people's wishes for the outcome of MoP. For example, see my request to off Varian behind a tool shed with a shotgun. Don't care how, I just won't be happy until he's gone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
06/30/2012 09:21 AMPosted by Kroxxigar

Logic plays no part in people's wishes for the outcome of MoP. For example, see my request to off Varian behind a tool shed with a shotgun. Don't care how, I just won't be happy until he's gone.

Why? What is your beef with Varian Wrynn? You are being very unreasonable.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/30/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Elenie
Agewynn, the Guardian of Tirisfal who bested Sargeras so badly he had to resort to hiding in her unborn child to get back at her.

Actually he did that intentionally. Due to plot born stupidity he let his avatar be defeated so he could hide his soul in her womb and then do some shanagins and bring about the return of the legion via the Orcs.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
06/30/2012 09:23 AMPosted by Distro
Actually he did that intentionally. Due to plot born stupidity he let his avatar be defeated so he could hide his soul in her womb and then do some shanagins and bring about the return of the legion via the Orcs.

Last I checked, that was a contingency plan, and his intent from the start was just to conquer Azeroth through his Avatar. Not surprised there was a retcon. Either way, Aegwynn is still one of the most notable and powerful of the Guardians of Tirisfal, a very long lived individual. What she could have imparted to Jaina could be immense.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
06/30/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Elenie
Also, for future reference, I doubt Jania has the power to even ANNOY Thrall if he's A) Lost his temper and B) Fighting for the survival of The Orcs, whom we know the elemental spirits like a whole bunch.

The Elemental Spirits don't favor a race, for starters, and for another, Thrall apparently expended his, 'World Shaman,' powers in the Dragonsoul raid to take down Deathwing, by imbuing the Dragonsoul with tiny little spark of the Earth Warder's power he had someone attained.

Meanwhile, Jaina will have the Focusing Iris at the end of the Destruction of Theramore (presumably, unless she destroys it or something), and was trained in magic, not only by Antonidas, but also by Agewynn, the Guardian of Tirisfal who bested Sargeras so badly he had to resort to hiding in her unborn child to get back at her. Jaina is described as the most powerful Sorceress on the face of the planet, and she may or may not augment that power and skill with the Focusing Iris.

Not only could she freeze him in place, but because the Ice she created would be magical, not elemental, Thrall couldn't so much as crack it with his shamanistic powers.

Ice...made of....magic? Sorry, just no. That's just silly.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
06/30/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Kroxxigar
Ice...made of....magic? Sorry, just no. That's just silly.

Where do you think Mages get their water from? Its not real water. It's conjured by magic. This is how arcane works.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman

Sounds a lot like bad fanfic to me.

Which, to be fair, it is.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]