Stonemaul 2012 Duel Tournament

85 Goblin Priest
<ÆON> will be hosting a dueling tournament for anyone (horde and alliance) interested in participating!

When
Saturday, Friday and Saturday July 13th and 14th at 5PM server time.

Where
Location is still yet to be decided but likely to be two environment's: One with some kind of line of sight, and another with an open environment with little to no line of sight. The first match map choice will be determined by RNG and the second is chosen by the loser. If a tie is reached, the third match map location will be chosen by RNG using the two maps.

Why
As far as I can remember, an event like this has not happened on Stonemaul for a year at least, and it would be something fun to do before other games and Mists of Pandaria are released.

Prizes - (money provided by myself and participant fees)
1st place - 10,000g
2nd place - 5,000g
3rd place - 3,000g

Fee to enter
There is a 250g fee to participate.

How to enter
You can whisper me, leave me a message in game, leave a reply to this thread, or if you are alliance side, leave my horde toon Spriestchamp a message. I will then edit this post and add your name to the list. You may also whisper or leave Nioxic a message.

Rules
There will be several rules and limitations in order to keep the tournament as balanced as possible.
1) A maximum of 32 contestants will be able to participate.

2) Every participant will be given a number and a random number generator will be used to determine the match ups.

3) Every match up will be the best of 3 duels, and the final match up will be the best of 5 duels.

4) Players may use any PvP gear as well as any PvE gear with an ilvl of 416 or lower. This means that legendaries, vial of shadows, cunning of the cruel, or any DS gear will ARE allowed. While allowed, full PvE is highly discouraged on the grounds that you make yourself prone to 1shot and trolling.

5) No healer/tank specs will be allowed. We do not want to watch a 2 hour duel with two healers or two tanks going up against each other.

6) All arena limitations ARE VOID (exceptions include bloodlust mechanics, food buffs, and flasks).
FOR THOSE WITH A COMPLAINT ABOUT WORLD PvP, GET OVER IT, OR DON'T PARTICIPATE.
You may also eat/drink/bandage if given the opportunity during the duel.

***ONLY PROHIBITED ABILITIES, ARE ANY FORM OF BLOODLUST AKA: MAGES, HUNTERS, SHAMANS & FLASKS/ FOOD BUFFS.***

7) It is your responsibility to be on time and prepared. Arriving late and/or unprepared will disqualify you.

8) If you disconnect during a duel and lose, it is unfortunately a loss in order to prevent people from faking a disconnect.

9) IMPORTANT ROGUE/FERAL RULES.
- For the first duel, both rogues will start by sapping each other. The second duel opener is given to the losing rogue, and the third duel will once again be a double sap.
- In a rogue vs feral scenario, the duelers will trade openers for the first two duels. If a third duel is needed, it will be left to chance and both will enter stealth to try and find each other. However, you MUST be near the duel flag if this occurs.
- In a feral vs feral scenario, the ferals will trade openers for the first two duels. If a third duel is needed, it will be left to chance and both will enter stealth to try and find each other. Again, be near the duel flag if this occurs.
- During ANY duel (not just the ones mentioned above) a rogue and feral may only remain in stealth for a maximum of 15 seconds per restealth. This includes the beginning of the duel and any restealthing that may occur during the duel. Violation of this rule will result in a loss for that duel.

Any violation of these rules may result in a loss for the duel and/or disqualification from the tournament. Rules are subject to change until the day of the tournament. Thanks!

- Spriestchamp

Tournament Contestant List

1) Spriestchamp
2) Nioxic
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)
Edited by Spriestchamp on 6/30/2012 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
EGO
Pretty sure you're going to end up dueling your friend and splitting the money.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
oh man, think of all the great players on stonemaul that will enter!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
I DECLARE ELE
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Hunter
I'll log in to duel here if someone sponsors me
and pays me a large sum of gold
Edited by Coho on 6/30/2012 6:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
As with the last duel championship, <K H O S> would like to sponsor a player(s) of note (previously, our talent placed 2nd - grats again Belvedeer). Please post below or message (or mail) me in game for eligibility. it is only required for you to wear our guild tag during the tournament (you don't lose former guild rep in doing so).

Payment and prizes (above the OPs rules) are tbd - trust me, it won't be a waste of your time.

GL to all participants.
Edited by Sventizz on 6/30/2012 8:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Someone needs to find Belvedeer, NOW!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
So does, um...Annoyed still strive to kill poor souls? Is she even around?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/01/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Crimsonrmp
So does, um...Annoyed still strive to kill poor souls? Is she even around?

She transferred off then quit I believe. So now only bad rogues remain! ;PP LOLJK! (notJK about Annoyed tho)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Damn, look at that sign-up. Can you fit me in there?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
give me da gold
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
The 2011 duel tournament was epic. This.. this looks like a complete failure. :/
Edited by Fatexx on 8/11/2012 2:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Hunter
wut u talking bout mang, dis was teh greatest duel tournament evar held in wow evar
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]