Yak Mount Cost 120k

85 Human Paladin
Today I am very upset because the Yak mount from MoP was increased from 54k to 120k (108k if you have the Bartender Guild perk). :( I was so excited to get the mount for nothing..

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Did your other thread get deleted, so you posted this one?

Or is this honestly a new poster?

Either way, it is technically spamming the forums. Somebody please refer this poster to the other thread.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
if 54k is nothing to you then 108k should be easy for you, congrats it seems they made this change just for you
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Let me try to guess what will happen.

Blizz sets price to 120k
People QQ
Blizz reduces price to 80-100k
Everyone loves Blizz.

Alternative scenario:
Blizz sets price to 80-100k
People QQ
Everyone hates Blizz.

You read it here 1st! :)
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Boy, another one of these threads. That's 4 today.
Reply Quote
Pricing these mounts this high will only increase trade for companies like Susan Express and other trash hackers. This seems to show that Blizzard is encouraging people to use these questionable services, which is in opposition of their stand on account security. I won't use goldseller services but you can bet that account security for everyone will be more at risk.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
09/01/2012 08:06 PMPosted by Matineyney
Pricing these mounts this high will only increase trade for companies like Susan Express and other trash hackers. This seems to show that Blizzard is encouraging people to use these questionable services, which is in opposition of their stand on account security. I won't use goldseller services but you can bet that account security for everyone will be more at risk.

I have to agree. Once gold sinks become deep enough, people will go elsewhere for gold.
Reply Quote
7 Night Elf Rogue
It's almost like they don't have the data showing average gold, median gold, higher gold holdings of it's users or something.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

I have to agree. Once gold sinks become deep enough, people will go elsewhere for gold.

ONLY if they feel compelled to have the thing the gold sinks are for, but lack the ethics to do it fairly.

If you need 100k to be able to walk through a raid portal, you'd have a point. But a mount with repairs (Which there's already a cheaper mount for) and reforging (Which you can do in a city) but accessible anywhere you can mount doesn't qualify. Anyone who feels compelled to get this feels so because of their own completionist personality, not a genuine need. If you don't NEED something, but you break the rules to get it, it's not blizzard's fault, it's yours.
Edited by Xethorsiph on 9/1/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Shaman
I guess yall dont understand how much gold will be floating around in the next expansion. 100k gold wont be much trouble to get.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock

You necrod a thread just to say that you suck at making gold?

120k isn't high (108k after guild discounts) even in Cataclysm. In MoP, I expect it to be even lower due to the natural increase in gold inflation that comes with a new expansion (and the fact you can do pretty much unlimited amounts of Daily Quests now).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
"This gold sink sinks too much of my gold! Make it not a sink anymore! I WANT FREE STUFF!"

Oh, wait... "I want it so bad I'll necro threads! You hear me?!"
Edited by Ehcks on 9/1/2012 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Please don't necro old threads.

If people really want to do things against the ToS, they're going to no matter what. I don't really want to play with the sort of people who would risk their accounts for a mount.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
09/01/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Syllenn

Please don't necro old threads.

If people really want to do things against the ToS, they're going to no matter what. I don't really want to play with the sort of people who would risk their accounts for a mount.

You posted in a "necroed" thread just to say "please don't necro old threads?" How about don't read a thread that has been necroed? I mean talk about being a hypocrite.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
They should just take it out completely, that way everyone's happy
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Susan Express

Wow that takes me back...I haven't seen on of those ads on my server in over a year
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]