Kul Tiras in Mists

90 Draenei Paladin
Okay so, in MOP there is going to be no Tol Barad type zone. This makes me wonder if one side is actually going to win Tol Barad Island and it will no longer be a battle ground in MOP. With Tol Barad in this, Kul Tiras use to use this as a Prison Island and such, im sure many people know the story, you can read it on the battle ground thing as you que up. But where in the world is Kul Tiras? We are fighting a brutal battle against eachother on their island and they don't even show up and they are not even mentioned.

If Tol Barad would be eventually claimed by one side who do you think it would be? I think possibly the Horde at this moment, since in the Pandaria Horde intro Garrosh's guy mentions they have had some nice victories off the coast of Tol Barad. But if Kul Tiras came in the play Kul Tiras and Gilneas would have heavy alliance influence in the area. This really bothers me that Kul Tiras hasn't shown up yet or been heard from. Yes, they want to save some stuff, and Kul Tiras was said to possibly show up in cataclysm but it hasn't.

In the Alliance intro Varian states the Horde will feel the full might of the Alliance's Navy but i don't think any of that will be from Kul Tiras. It just seems like it will be the 7th Legion. I like the 7th Legion don't get me wrong, they are some hardcore boys, but us fighting on the ocean without Kul Tiras feels very awkward. Another thing too, I wonder if this will have any changes to Gilneas since possibly the bulk of the 7th Legion was there along with their leader.

Back onto topic Kul Tiras was datamined as a zone on MMOChamp. I just hope if and when it comes it doesn't go neutral or get destroyed and it will be another nation of refugees who will fight for their kingdom and do the good old " Kul Tiras will prevail, Kul Tiras will rise again, For Kul Tiras, Kul Tiras will be reborn from the blood of our enemies."

Do you want to see Kul Tiras in Pandaria? What do you want to see from them specifically?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
They won't get rid of Tol Barad. It will be like Wintergrasp - a zone that two people pay attention to, but is largely neglected.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Tol Barad will be Quel'Danas 2.0. A daily hub mainly for the north wind drake.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yeah the mount i forgot about that.

Still i think its weird when theres a battle on one of their islands, why are they not even mentioned?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I'm going to just add in my own assumptions. Kul Tiras has not played a major role in the Alliance since World of Warcraft has begun. We've seen no evidence of direct contact with the Alliance. We've seen the Tol Barad folks in Kul Tiras tabards, but just because I wear a Darnassus Tabard doesn't make me a citizen of Darnassus. All we've seen of Kul Tiras in WoW, were remnants of Daelin Proudmoore's fleet in Durotar back in Vanilla, and they've since been wiped out.

We have some evidence that merchant ships come from Kul Tiras, or may even be Kul Tirisian, but we've heard squat from them as a Kingdom. This silence is telling. I can only come up with two assumptions:

A) Blizzard forgot about Kul Tiras, and never found a way to work it into the story.
B) Kul Tiras has purposefully cut off contact and support from the Alliance.

While I find A highly plausible, I'm inclined to also believe that option B holds merit. Daelin Proudmoore, the Grand Admiral of the Alliance, was slain in Theramore with the indirect aid of his own daughter, the Princess of Kul Tiras, Jaina Proudmoore. Regicide, either direct or indirect, is a very dark bloodstain on the pages of history. Its made all the worse by the fact Daelin Proudmore was right about the Horde, it -did- attack the Alliance again, and while Orcs like Garrosh are Warchief, it -will- continue to seek war.

To support the theory that Kul Tiras has cut off support from the Alliance (read: support, I'm not suggesting they outright left), I point to the Alliance Summit in Darnassus in Wolfheart. Even Dalaran was invited, but declined. Kul Tiras wasn't even -mentioned-, to my recollection. Perhaps the Alliance leadership is doubly inept; after all, they thought Velen and the Draenei had left the Alliance as well. At least the Draenei had a plausible reason for leaving; Outland was their home. Kul Tiras certainly shouldn't have had reason to not even have been invited unless its stance on the Alliance and it's allies (Jaina) was well known.

Anyways, I like to think that the situation is somewhat similar to Gilneas; a matter of pride. Kul Tiras may not have outright left the Alliance, but it no longer has an interest in it either. Certainly there is no Warchief position in the Alliance that could force them to provide support to the war. If Kul Tiras makes an appearance, either it'll be as a result of Theramore's destruction and Jaina's epiphany of her father's wisdom, or because Kul Tiras itself will be in ruins, and another refugee kingdom.
Edited by Elenie on 7/1/2012 8:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
07/01/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Elenie
Anyways, I like to think that the situation is somewhat similar to Gilneas; a matter of pride. Kul Tiras may not have outright left the Alliance, but it no longer has an interest in it either. Certainly there is no Warchief position in the Alliance that could force them to provide support to the war. If Kul Tiras makes an appearance, either it'll be as a result of Theramore's destruction and Jaina's epiphany of her father's wisdom, or because Kul Tiras itself will be in ruins, and another refugee kingdom.

Personally I believe they'll show up during a South Seas era and or w hen we take on Azshara and the Naga Kingdom.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
07/01/2012 08:40 AMPosted by Lothor
Personally I believe they'll show up during a South Seas era and or w hen we take on Azshara and the Naga Kingdom.

I'm more inclined to believe Kul Tiras will be in ruins, and yet another refugee Kingdom. That, coupled with Theramore's destruction, and Dalaran's historic multi-racial populations, will officially make Stormwind the sole surviving Human Kingdom. Then Varian can become the, 'High King,' in the Alliance by being the, 'High King,' of humanity. As if the guy and Anduin didn't have -enough- pressure on their shoulders.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Well, you know Blizzard. They have a habit of deliberately ignoring stuff that they plan on releasing later

Problem is, they also have been known to totally forget stuff, like Falstad Wildhammer
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Well, you know Blizzard. They have a habit of deliberately ignoring stuff that they plan on releasing later

Problem is, they also have been known to totally forget stuff, like Falstad Wildhammer

Exactly. I'm still inclined to believe Kul Tiras is going to be in ruins, and was too proud to ask for help because of Daelin's death.
Reply Quote
I'm going to take a guess and say that their continent kept floating away and eventually collided with another continent like itself and has been stuck there. Maybe even in an area so dangerous with rocks and various other stuff that their ships can't even leave and that's why we haven't seen them.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
07/01/2012 10:28 AMPosted by Katarn
I'm going to take a guess and say that their continent kept floating away and eventually collided with another continent like itself and has been stuck there. Maybe even in an area so dangerous with rocks and various other stuff that their ships can't even leave and that's why we haven't seen them.

Well, the continental drift is as of Cataclysm, I believe. Could be.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
It just seems so weird that there hasn't been anyword at all giving how big of an alliance patriot Kul Tiras was. even Northrend would have been a decent time to show up since they have some history with the Scourge. But like someone said before, South Seas would work but I think bringing them into MOP would be great for the war. Then from MOP the South Seas can branch off, Alliance and Horde fight across the oceans and islands and fighting Naga. But as of now it seems like Kul Tiras has pulled a Gilneas.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
KT hasn't 'pulled' anything. At it's crux, the real reason it has no presence is because the writers don't want to introduce it.
If we are to approach it from a purely story-driven in-universe point of view then there's no discnerable reason that they wouldn't of shown up. As it stands - placing Horde bias to the side - for whatever reason the writers have either chosen not to bring back our old friends or don't intend to.

Both of those outcomes - or possibilities - is saddening.
Edited by Beardoktor on 7/1/2012 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
KT hasn't 'pulled' anything. At it's crux, the real reason it has no presence is because the writers don't want to introduce it.
If we are to approach it from a purely story-driven in-universe point of view then there's no discnerable reason that they wouldn't of shown up. As it stands - placing Horde bias to the side - for whatever reason the writers have either chosen not to bring back our old friends or don't intend to.

Or they have something planned and we don't know it yet. Pessimism is not a good way to approach things.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Or they have something planned and we don't know it yet. Pessimism is not a good way to approach things.

Kul Tiras was datamined as a zone. I am trying to be positive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

It wasn't directed at you ;)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

It wasn't directed at you ;)

Oh yeah I know i should have been a little more specific XD.

I use to be negative throughout this expansion and Theramore hit me hard with it, but im trying to look at the positive side and what things we could look forward too, im a big fan of Kul Tiras and would love to see them, and even Stromgarde would be nice to see as well.
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
Mini-necro away!

Anywho, I want to see Kul'Tiras return as an actual, full-on kingdom that hasn't been ripped apart, that isn't being eaten by Sha, and that isn't discovered moments after the Horde kills it. I just want one other human kingdom, just one, to return to the Alliance intact and ready for battle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Mini-necro away!

Anywho, I want to see Kul'Tiras return as an actual, full-on kingdom that hasn't been ripped apart, that isn't being eaten by Sha, and that isn't discovered moments after the Horde kills it. I just want one other human kingdom, just one, to return to the Alliance intact and ready for battle.

That's asking for the WoW-equivalant of the Alliance winning Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Mini-necro away!

Amen brother. Not everything needs to be destroyed. I would kill to see a Kul Tiran fleet sailing to Pandaria.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]