Prat Color settings

90 Undead Mage
Does anyone know how I can change the Incoming and Outgoing Whisper colors separately? I transferred to a new realm and lost all my chat color settings and had separate colors assigned.

http://i.imgur.com/ojvly.png
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
I'm not sure this can be done with Prat or the default UI, but you can make a small AddOn to put outgoing whispers in a separate group in the chat config frame, allowing them to have a different colour than incoming whispers.

To make the AddOn, copy/paste the code blocks below into their own empty text documents and save them with the specified name/extension (capitalisation is important). Make sure you don't save them as .txt files. Once you have both files, move them to a new folder called WhisperColours in your Interface\AddOns\ folder.

If you happen to be American and as obsessed with correct spelling as I am, you can name it WhisperColors if you want, just make sure you name the folder and .toc file the same thing.

WhisperColours.toc## Title: WhisperColours
## Interface: 40300
## Notes: Allows you to assign different colours to ingoing and outgoing whispers.
## Author: Choonster

core.lua

core.luaChatTypeGroup["WHISPER"] = { -- Remove outgoinng whispers (CHAT_MSG_WHISPER_INFORM) from the WHISPER group
"CHAT_MSG_WHISPER",
-- "CHAT_MSG_WHISPER_INFORM",
"CHAT_MSG_AFK",
"CHAT_MSG_DND",
}

ChatTypeGroup["OUTGOING_WHISPER"] = { -- Create a new group for outgoing whispers
"CHAT_MSG_WHISPER_INFORM",
}

ChatTypeGroupInverted["CHAT_MSG_WHISPER_INFORM"] = "OUTGOING_WHISPER" -- Change WHISPER_INFORM to point to the OUTGOING_WHISPER group in the inverted group list

local whisperIndex;
for index, info in pairs(CHAT_CONFIG_CHAT_LEFT) do -- Find the WHISPER group in the chat config list
if info.type == "WHISPER" then
whisperIndex = index
break
end
end

tinsert(CHAT_CONFIG_CHAT_LEFT, whisperIndex + 1, { -- Add options for the OUTGOING_WHISPER group directly after the WHISPER group's options
type = "OUTGOING_WHISPER",
checked = function() return IsListeningForMessageType("OUTGOING_WHISPER") end,
func = function(self, checked) ToggleChatMessageGroup(checked, "OUTGOING_WHISPER") end,
})

_G["OUTGOING_WHISPER"] = "Outgoing Whisper"

When you first log in with the AddOn enabled, you'll need to enable outgoing whispers and choose a colour for them from the chat config frame (right click on the chat tab and click Settings).

You only need the AddOn enabled to change the colours in-game, once changed they'll be saved by the game and loaded even without the AddOn enabled. Changing the colour of whispers without the AddOn enabled will reset outgoing whispers to this new colour.

If you know the RGB values of the colour you want, you can ignore the AddOn and edit your chat-cache.txt file (found in the WoW\WTF\Account\<Account Name>\<Realm Name>\<Character Name>\ folder) and manually change the numbers after WHISPER_INFORM (what the game calls outgoing whispers). The AddOn essentially does the same thing, but makes it easier by letting you use the colour wheel in-game.
Edited by Choonster on 7/1/2012 5:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
@_@ Thanks a lot man, I'll give it a whirl.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Wanted to drop by again and let you know it worked flawlessly. Thank you for taking the time to write that up for me, it's very much appreciated.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
07/18/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Incinerater
Wanted to drop by again and let you know it worked flawlessly. Thank you for taking the time to write that up for me, it's very much appreciated.

Glad I could help.
Reply Quote
86 Worgen Warrior
This works perfectly. I was looking for a similar solution.

Thank you as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]