How do I use my TV as a computer screen?

85 Orc Warrior
Alright so my computer screen right now has a HDMI port and my TV has a HDMI port. I have the cable. My computer doesn't have an HDMI port from what I can tell.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your graphics card does not have an HDMI port? Strange. Are you using integrated graphics?
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I don't know I just have typical computer. But I can't find a HDMI slot on my computer is what I am saying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you can't find an HDMI port on your computer, then you probably either have really low-end graphics card, ancient card, or have integrated graphics.

There are few DVI to HDMI cables, you can use that, if your graphics card / computer has a DVI port.
Reply Quote
66 Night Elf Rogue
s video cable mabey if ur computer is kinda older.. there is also a peice u can buy that is vga to hdmi..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/29/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Furytime
I don't know I just have typical computer. But I can't find a HDMI slot on my computer is what I am saying.

By "typical computer" do you mean you went to a big box retail and bought a pre-made? If so, you have integrated graphics, which won't include an HDMI port.

You'd need to buy a graphics card, and since those pre-made computers usually only have barely enough of a power supply for the hardware you get, you'll probably have to get a new power supply as well.
Reply Quote
45 Human Warlock
And if its a integrated card then hooking up to TV isn't a wise idea.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]