sup

90 Human Warlock
Wasn't a knock on ya Maik, it's mostly what I and am sure countless others have been doing.

It was more a crack at peeps saying realms are dead, and better to be a on a large realm. Where pretty much the same things are going on.

And on that topic of looking for a more active realm or one that fits you better, it's silly to look for "realms", you need to look for people. You don't queue up with a realm.
Edited by Brugavino on 7/8/2012 8:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
07/05/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Maikopl
Im confused, your stuck at 1200
Ow, I felt that one.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Wasn't a knock on ya Maik, it's mostly what I and am sure countless others have been doing.

It was more a crack at peeps saying realms are dead, and better to be a on a large realm. Where pretty much the same things are going on.

And on that topic of looking for a more active realm or one that fits you better, it's silly to look for "realms", you need to look for people. You don't queue up with a realm.

No offense, Brug, but that's a crock. Sorry, but you're in probably the only guild on the server that really has no idea what it's like for anyone else on Duskwood. You have a large guild with plenty of decent-ish raiders that can fill spots on the fly, and you never have to worry about not having anything to do. Two of your raid groups have cleared 8/8H with little to no need for outside recruitment. There is no way in HECK that I would, in good conscience, recruit anyone to come TO Duskwood horde. Sorry, but anyone from Spoon that's trolling this thread - your argument is invalid. You can ask Lizon how the Horde is doing if you are unaware - he's been raiding, or trying to raid on Horde side for a while now, well before the so-called "end of expansion syndrome" (which coincidentally has not had much effect on the volume of PuG raids on the high pop server where I currently have an 85 toon). I know he knows that Duskwood Horde is near dead for anyone not in one of the top 10 guilds. Trying to pug outside of one of those guilds has been impossible for most of this calendar year, if not long before then. This is no recent development. You can go ahead and suggest that Duskwood will see a resurgence come MoP release, but I'm not buying it. Like I said, you guys really have no idea what it's like. You're living in fairytale land.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
What's a crock I never said smaller realms have more pugs, the implication was that on all realms things are winding down, on the larger ones of course there are more chances right now, but that doesn't mean there are as many as when the content was fresher I'd guess you'd say. Just like every other realm guilds and players alike are done with the content, there are less players playing the game on all realms. What you do have on those larger realms are alot of skilled guilds that have multiple spots open to fill with pugs, because often they have large chunks of their roster that pretty much have logged till mop. I would not argue that those realms and said guilds do offer players a greater option to see the heroic content.

What I was saying was that if you're unhappy with your raiding experience, it's far more beneficial to look for a group that fits you and you enjoy playing with, then the size of the realm they play on.

If you're the type of player who doesn't give a damn about the people you play with and have a large number of alts that you want to raid/pvp on consistently, then sure of course, choose by realm size, in that scenario, opportunity is all that matters.
Edited by Brugavino on 7/9/2012 3:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

Heroic Cunning and legendary, y u no glad yet?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Heroic Cunning and legendary, y u no glad yet?

There's pvp in wow?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
What else is there besides pvp lol, all good players clear pve content or do pve just to get good gear for pvp, most people run rbgs from what i have seen.

Why would you kill same dragon every week for 6 months in last patch, dont make no sense.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
What's a crock, Brug, is trying to say that the dead nature of Duskwood is due to us nearing the end of expansion, which is what you implied. That's why I said, "This is no recent development." Duskwood has been dying out since well before the end of Cata. And yeah a good group of people on any random realm is fine to look for if you only play toon, or if those people in the guild you're looking for also do a LOT of alt runs. For anyone who enjoys playing multiple toons, though, your suggestion is no bueno.

I'm not even going to delve into the PvP vs PvE argument. Those are the same types that "certain sports" aren't really sports at all. Similarly, some people find football to be more enticing than ballet. I'm not one of those people. Of course, being female may have something to do with that particular comparison...

Both of us take time to master our game to the best of our ability. But you go on feeling superior, Maik. No skin off my nose.
Edited by Rowynn on 7/9/2012 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Not sure why a 2nd post showed up. My edit doesn't show, either. Oh well. The forums have not been playing nicely with me for a while now. First paragraph should've read "if you only play *one* toon."
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
No, I implied that all of the realms activity level slow during the time between expansion. It's not limited to smaller realms, though by simple math of course there are more things to do on larger realms currently, since they start with a larger player base to begin with.

I never implied that a decent amount of players and guilds have not left duskwood over the years.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Obviously everyone knows stuff is slowing during an expansion. However what has been going on for years now, especially Horde side, has been more like a slow death. And even with the new expansion on the horizon, the larger, more vibrant realms still afford the average (and even more so, the above average) player a much more enjoyable experience.

You joked about farming/archaeology on a high pop realm, when anyone interested in transferring is clearly not looking to transfer for those reasons, and then said "or wait for MoP", which obviously implied that once MoP hits, there will be plenty of raiding to be had on Duskwood. This is the part that's misleading and a complete untruth. That's what everyone thought in Cata. Then people got smart and started leaving even before Firelands hit. I mean heck, even if you were suggesting that things would go back to "normal" on Duskwood - that's not anything to be excited about.

I won't deny that there are nubs that transfer thinking they're suddenly going to become an awesome player and join some fantastic guild (though this has happened to a couple notable ex-Duskwoodians). This does not negate the fact that Duskwood truly is not what it used to be, and I'm not interested in riding out the decline.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
You and Chaoslegion have both made comments (his was directly to me) that imply that people transferring are just trying to go where all the cool people are, or are just transferring to the "cool" realms. That joke is old and stale, and no longer applicable to Duskwood's sorry situation.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

It's implying that all realms large and small have declined in their activity. It has nothing to do with you transferring. I don't know what Chaos said, actually I haven't even read his post.

And I don't think I'd ever say people are transferring because that's where all the cool people are. I'd think people wouldn't know many people on a new realm to be able to determine if indeed they were all the cool people. That's a pretty subjective assumption.

And I saw Maik's post, saw that he was doing similar things that myself and fairly large portion of players are more then likely doing too. Thought I'd make couple funs posts that said yea !@#$'s slow everywhere. You seem upset over the transferring issue, which I wasn't trying to incite. I didn't even know the thread was actually about transferring. I thought it was just a thread of Maik saying Sup.
Edited by Brugavino on 7/10/2012 1:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Though, now that we got a second page going, I think Firestyle is trying to sell the Deathwing mount and title. ;)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Come to Illidan, KT, or Mal'ganis, where you too, can work on archaeology and farm old achievements.

Doing that on your previous realm you say? Pfft come do it with more players, it's way cooler that way!

Or just wait for MoP.

It was this post I was referring to. I'm not sure what you meant, but for me it gave me the impression that you think people are just transferring to the "cooler" realms to be "cool". I'm also not sure what we'd be waiting for when waiting for MoP. Chaos made his comment to me in guild chat: "Oh, transferring to where all the cool people are?". I figured you meant the same thing he did, and if you didn't, my bad. I just assumed your post was meant to make light of people who were server transferring to greener pastures, as if there's no good reason to leave. I was in denial for a long time about things being "fine" here. Now I barely recognize anyone on horde side, and the entire faction has not really been able to put together a decent pug this ENTIRE expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
07/10/2012 02:27 PMPosted by Brugavino
Though, now that we got a second page going, I think Firestyle is trying to sell the Deathwing mount and title. ;)

Imagine how many of those you'd have sold on a decent server with a decent economy, without people having to server transfer just to get it.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
When people that left the server come back to our server forums this just proves how much they love/miss Duskwood. RIGHT? RIGHT?!!!!!! ok no :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

Imagine how many of those you'd have sold on a decent server with a decent economy, without people having to server transfer just to get it.

Yea, it'd be nice, not gonna deny that, certainly beats vendoring them lol.

And yea my posts were just to poke fun at the game being boring between expacs. It's always pretty damn long. I just used what topics others are using in the thread to frame the joke, but sometimes bad jokes are just bad jokes. Like Hira.
Edited by Brugavino on 7/10/2012 3:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Talk about nothing to do, I think this is the most I've posted in a Duskwood thread all expansion. lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]