Charged for canceled payment?

1 Human Priest
I was going to server transfer one of my characters to a different realm but ended up cancelling the transfer, but my credit card was still charged for it even though the transfer never went through?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
07/04/2012 11:10 PMPosted by Humiliationn
I was going to server transfer one of my characters to a different realm but ended up cancelling the transfer, but my credit card was still charged for it even though the transfer never went through?
When you start a transaction, the bank is queried for the amount to see if the funds are there and the bank usually sets those funds aside out of your account to await the transaction to be sent. Your bank is the ones holding the money since Blizzard would not send the request for the funds since you canceled the transaction. Depending on your banks policies will determine how soon those funds are added back into your account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]