Moonkin PvP in Mists of Pandaria

90 Night Elf Druid
So, before I start chewing bliz a new one about Moonkin PvP in Mists, Id like to hear a bit from other moonkins about their level 90 pvp experience.
Are you moonkin satisfied? I'd love to hear as many pros as possible in addition to cons.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
Hmm Im not a boomkin but I always thought you were getting the most buffs outta the druid specs. Disengage, typhoon, cyclone, not to mention symbiosis, just adds so much survival to boomkin. I know your rotation is kinda messed up at the moment but pvp wise it looks good on paper. Im curious as to what the cons are.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Have to sit in place to cast everything? We have entangling roots which goes on dr pretty quick if they trinket the first one (or it breaks on the first hard cast) and that is the only thing we have to get away and hardcast a spell. We hit like a wet noodle out side of eclipses, if we get Starsurge interrupted we are locked out of everything. Pretty much forces us to moonfire spam and run away if more than 1 (or 1 good melee) are on us. And for some reason im getting hit for half my health in a warriors throw down... thought that kind of damage was supposed to be fixed in mop.

And yes, I am currently running in all 90 pvp gear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Deleted
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/05/2012 01:34 AMPosted by Lifelover
that is the only thing we have to get away and hardcast a spell.

Could you elaborate on why wild charge, shifting removing all roots/snares, typhoon/FFsnare and U Vortex/Demo roar don't also help us get distance?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Have to sit in place to cast everything? We have entangling roots which goes on dr pretty quick if they trinket the first one (or it breaks on the first hard cast) and that is the only thing we have to get away and hardcast a spell. We hit like a wet noodle out side of eclipses, if we get Starsurge interrupted we are locked out of everything. Pretty much forces us to moonfire spam and run away if more than 1 (or 1 good melee) are on us. And for some reason im getting hit for half my health in a warriors throw down... thought that kind of damage was supposed to be fixed in mop.

And yes, I am currently running in all 90 pvp gear.

You should be trinketing a warrior's throwdown unless they've changed a lot in MoP. You trinket it on live anyways.

And are you talking 1v1 or arena or what? Instant cast starsurge has a buffed proc chance with buffed damage, you've got roots (nature's grasp on a 30 sec cooldown with glyph), 20 sec typhoon, 15 sec disengage, all forms break roots again, ursol's vortex or 30 sec cd disorient, cyclone with nature's grasp for 9 sec cyclone, and dps cooldowns to blow when your attacker runs out of closers from all the escapes you have. Now I haven't personally played the beta so what I said is worth little to nothing, but from everything looking so good on paper, I have to imagine you're doing it wrong.
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Shaman
I am scared. Frankly I liked insect swarm as a DoT because i could spam it (now its just a magical debuff (therefore dispellable?) I love starfall and the CD increase (with no glyph to decrease it....) is annoying. starfall + more dots = pressure. Less pressure means less need for boomkins. I may just play my ele in MoP (who are looking godly)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
07/05/2012 01:34 PMPosted by Yahwa
I am scared. Frankly I liked insect swarm as a DoT because i could spam it (now its just a magical debuff (therefore dispellable?) I love starfall and the CD increase (with no glyph to decrease it....) is annoying. starfall + more dots = pressure. Less pressure means less need for boomkins. I may just play my ele in MoP (who are looking godly)

Are you aware to the across-the-board nerfs to all multi-DOTing?
Reply Quote
As a moonkin, the biggest issue I'm having isn't getting away. I can get away and kite all day, and even without lifebloom, I can keep myself healed (which I wasn't expecting). I'm completely dependent on get out of LoS to heal with touch, so the maps without pillars makes my life difficult. Vortex is buggy too, doesn't always pull fools back. Trying to find the answer for hunters, mages, warriors, dks look dominant. Its difficult to compete with them unless you out gear them. I've got 58% pvp dmg reduction and got hit for 158K by a warrior/bm hunter team. Legit died in 1.5 seconds, hit my cds macro and before global cd came back for nature's swiftness + healing touch was down. (With Barkskin active).

Moonkins are once again the biggest and easiest target in Arena.

Own it up in Battlegrounds though. ^_~
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
moonkins need damage boost but blizz is to blind to see it!!!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]