A month or two ago I bought cataclysm and wrath of the lych king, since I liked wow so much.
a few days ago i heard that in order to use them, i have to have every game leading to that game.
It sounds like there was a bit of confusion here, Nubbyzer.
If you upgraded from a Starter Edition to Cataclysm through our site, you would have purchased and applied the BattleChest (which is the original vanilla version of the game plus the Burning Crusade expansion), the Wrath of the Lich King expansion and Cataclysm expansion.
That is what appears to have happened on WOW1. If you visit your Account Management page and select WOW1, under Protect Level there should be a little plus sign that you can click on. Opening that up will expand the list and show you which licenses you have on the account. :)
Unless you were looking for a second account, it appears you were already set and had upgraded your primary account appropriately to the latest expansion. :)
The extra Starter Edition (WOW2) can be removed if you wish to submit a ticket, however, if for a refund for the BattleChest purchase (WOW3) you'll need to contact Billing and Account Services directly.
Billing and Account Services
Live Representatives Available 7am to 8pm PST/PDT
For phone assistance please call: 1 (800) 592-5499 || 1 (800) 59-BLIZZARD
- Players in Australia should call 1-800-041-378
- Players in New Zealand should call 800-452-520 (7AM - 5PM NZST)
- Players in Singapore should call 1-800-328-8881
- Players in Chile should call 1230-020-5554
- Players in Mexico should call 001-888-578-7628
- Players in Argentina should call 0800-333-0778
- Players in Brasil should call 0-800-892-1630
- All other international players should call: (949) 955-0283