Darkmoon Faire? HOW DO I GET THERE???

15 Night Elf Hunter
I am VERY new here. So please bare with me. I have not been many places and am only a level 14. So my locations to go to are limited. My starting point is Lothar.
I have a ticket to get to the Darkmoon Faire and yes, the open quest tells me where to go.
But....
Where is the Elwynn Forest?
I see the map, I see the teleport spiral thingy. (I think thats what it is.) Yet, I can not find it. I don't like having unfinished quests. I am not even sure HOW I got the ticket.
PLEASE HELP!

Thank you SO Much in advance!
90 Night Elf Druid
If you run your mouse over the "teleport spiral thingie" - which most people in Wow will call a "portal" - you should see that your mouse cursor turns into a small, round "gear" symbol. That is a pretty universal indicator in World of Warcraft for an item/object that can be "used" by right clicking. If it's grey in color, you aren't close enough to it. If it's gold in color, a right click will activate it. (If you use a Mac, I apologize, but I haven't used one in years and don't recall the right click equivalent - post back and someone will help you if you can't figure it out. )

Once you use the portal, you will teleport to the island that contains the Faire. Run down the path following the signs (and probably other players) to the Fairegrounds, and when you are ready to leave, there will be a portal back to Goldshire in the center of the dock.

Wowhead has a very good guide of what you can do there.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=692/4-3-darkmoon-faire-guide

<S>
85 Dwarf Rogue
You can always abandon the quest.

What zone are you in now? Unless you're in Kalimdor, near Elwynn Forest, the way to get there would be to return to Darnassus and look for the woman with in the green robe with the green pointy hat. She'll be standing by a big tree near the gryphon master when you come in. Click on her, and she'll teleport you to Elwynn Forest. Once there, walk to the portal and right-click on it.

The guide Sylth linked is a good one. The best thing for a newby to get are the Darkmoon heirloom items.
80 Orc Hunter
There's a Darkmoon Fair NPC standing next to a tree near the flight master in Darnassus. Click on her to open a conversation. She'll teleport you to the fairgrounds in Elwynn for a nominal fee. You can use your hearthstone to return to Darnassus or use one of the Portals at the end on the dock at the Dark Moon Fair to return to Elwynne
64 Tauren Death Knight
Let's try not to confuse things any further...

Unless you're in Kalimdor, near Elwynn Forest, the way to get there would be...

Elwynn is in the Eastern Kingdoms.
1 Human Warlock
I think an NPC teleports you there for a small fee
85 Orc Warlock
make sure you're professions are at the minimum to activate the darkmoon quests

these will give you the 5 point skillups

also, although the heirlooms are to be had, they will take a few months to acquire

the best thing for lowbies is to fish the nodes which spawn along the coast

these nodes contain level 85 farming mats and you could make thousands of gold listing them on the ah (especially if you get stacks of savage leather)
90 Night Elf Druid
The Sealed Crate referred to by Deebop contains these items:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=78930#contains

I remember when at level 15 I teleported to Moonglade and got stuck there because I didn't have the coppers required to fly home, and didn't realize that there was a Druid specific flight point - I fished for hours because a handful of silver from the items in the Mithril Bound Trunk and the Raw Greater Sagefish seemed like a fortune, and it was the richest I'd ever been.

But just to rein in expectations somewhat, I doubt very much however that on any server you can easily make "thousands of gold" from fishing around Darkmoon Island - although to a level 15 player a few hundred might seem like that much. [EDIT -> by easily, I mean when most players are playing - folks who do so at times when no one is playing seem to do quite well.]

On my server at least there is a ton of people scurrying around looking for the pools, and unless you are right there someone is very likely to fish it before you get to it, unless you do it in the way off hours of the morning. I suspect that a lower level character could probably do just as well gathering lowlevel mats and AH'ing them [edit-> unless they can manage to be on when there is little to no competition for the pools.]

My opinion, for what it's worth.

<S>
Edited by Sylth on 7/6/2012 8:05 AM PDT
85 Dwarf Rogue
07/05/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Nobully
Elwynn is in the Eastern Kingdoms.

Ah...yes. Oops.

07/06/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Deebop
the best thing for lowbies is to fish the nodes which spawn along the coast

Heh...thought I discovered that myself. On my server, there's no competition for them, and they do give Embersilk cloth and Elementium and Obsidium ore.
85 Orc Warlock
i will further explain that the gold made was had because of my weird work schedule which allows me to play on very "off-time" server hours

this way, i can run up and down the coast fishing the nodes with no competition
after several stacks of savage leather (which sell for 400g and upwards on my server) and the rest of the loot i was able to build a nice little nest egg which has served me well

it is the luck of the draw in what the crates contain but it is all gravy in the end - esp when one is a level 20
28 Tauren Shaman
Should also mention that the fair only runs for a week at the start of each month. Click on the little calendar button around the mini map and it will show you when it starts and ends.

Also there is someone in each capital who can teleport you to the Fair's portal. They are, usually, near the flight master (can't say for sure as I haven't been to all the capitals)
64 Tauren Death Knight
Another thing which everyone seemed to have overlooked here...

07/04/2012 03:09 PMPosted by Lamethyst
My starting point is Lothar.

Lothar is a server.

..not a location in the world :P
Edited by Nobully on 7/7/2012 2:21 AM PDT
15 Night Elf Hunter
Thank you all SO MUCH for your help! I feel like such a fool now that she was beside me the entire time. LOL! As for my starting point being Lothar.... yeah, I am Really New. Like I said. LOL.

07/05/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Nok
There's a Darkmoon Fair NPC standing next to a tree near the flight master in Darnassus

Yes, my home capital is Darnassus. So that helps ALOT!

Once again thank you all for the AMAZING input. Sounds like I need to do alot more skill building before I even go.
07/08/2012 06:11 AMPosted by Lamethyst
Thank you all SO MUCH for your help! I feel like such a fool now that she was beside me the entire time. LOL! As for my starting point being Lothar.... yeah, I am Really New. Like I said. LOL.

Nothing wrong with being new. And if you don't know what to look for it's very easy to miss the NPC.

Once again thank you all for the AMAZING input. Sounds like I need to do alot more skill building before I even go.

Eh. You don't need skill to visit the Faire. But if your professions are skill level 75 or higher you get quests that will give you some experience, and also give you 5 skill points. So it's handy for that -- especially when you get to those annoying spots in the profession where it takes a lot of time to get those 5 points.

As Huurm mentioned, though, the Faire runs for the first full week of every month. Given that today is Sunday... it's over for this month. It will return next month. The Darkmoon Faire mages go away when the Faire goes away -- but there's still travel between continents. Don't hesitate to ask if you need further directions on how to get where you want to go.
100 Worgen Mage
07/08/2012 06:11 AMPosted by Lamethyst
Sounds like I need to do alot more skill building before I even go.

Aside from appropriate profession-related skills, the only real skill you need at the Faire is basic hand-eye coordination for whacking gnolls, tossing rings, being shot out of a cannon, like that. Usual carnival stuff ;)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]