Best race for Shaman?

90 Troll Mage
As the title states, whats the best race for Shaman? Horde and Alliance.

kthx<3
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Horde:
Goblin get +1% haste, which is good for all specs.
Tauren get Thunderstomp, good minor AOE stun.
Orc get + to expertise with axes, which is good for enhancement.
Troll get Voodoo shuffle and faster health regen.

Obviously I chose Goblin.

Alliance:
Dwarf get Stoneform, great for getting those pesky dots off.
Draenie get Gift of the Naruu, an extra minor heal that comes in handy in sticky mana situations.

Personally I think Dwarf.

EDIT: Racials may or may not play into your choice, other than that, it all boils down to what you find astheticly pleasing. I personally think Goblins look cool =P
Edited by Totembolt on 7/9/2012 5:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Racial wise, I'd go with goblin over all horde and alliance.

Visual wise, I'd be a lady draenei, hands down, no questions asked.
Reply Quote
91 Troll Shaman
for ele , u cant beat the blood fury tied into ur badge ele mastery macro/ unleash elements
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
PVE Horde

Goblin ele/resto 1% haste = better stat allocation especially for resto.
Orc Enhance expertise/wolf dmg boost/ap trinket

PVP Horde

Goblin ele/resto aka rocket jump
Orc Enhance expertise/wolf dmg boost/ap trinket

PVE Alliance

Dranei all three specs for current content 1% hit=no brainer

PVP Alliance

Dwarf all three specs for the current arena enviornment aka stoneform is better utilized against burst than gift
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Dwarf! just for the fun of it!

Seriously just go with the race that most appeals to you... unless you are an uber player you will not care...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman

Haste sucks for enhance, and it's Warstomp, not Thunderstomp.

For Alliance Draenei has their racial HoT, which heals for a decent amount.
Dwarf has Stoneform, which is a nice DR self cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
07/09/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Totembolt

Ah yes, War Stomp. Many a times it suffers a pushback thanks to the speed at which some melee attack, thus causing frustration. Good times.
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Shaman
07/09/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Thunderhowl
For Alliance Draenei has their racial HoT, which heals for a decent amount.

07/09/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Totembolt
Draenie get Gift of the Naruu, an extra minor heal that comes in handy in sticky mana situations.

Y'all are forgetting their best racial.... +1% hit which is the 2nd best stat for both enhancement and elemental. Which is basically equivalent to +1% haste or +1% mastery or +1% crit or w/e. Though this is somewhat less useful for the restoration spec because you wont really be getting gear with hit so won't be able to reforge as easy to other stats but if you do end up using a piece with hit rating on it then you can get +1% to another stat.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
07/09/2012 09:04 AMPosted by Tazila

enhancement, orc has it in the bag, free expertise, trinket for AP and increased pet (wolves) damage
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Draenei. Best race/ thread
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
07/09/2012 06:51 PMPosted by Venetia
Draenei. Best race/ thread

This.

The 1% hit is amazing, especially since enh needs so much of it and the heal has saved my life a lot.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Horde:

Alliance:

EDIT: Racials may or may not play into your choice, other than that, it all boils down to what you find astheticly pleasing. I personally think Goblins look cool =P

You skipped quite a few racials that are very useful.

Orcs: Bloodfury. Increases Attack Power or Spell Power by a certain amount, depending on your level, for 15 seconds.

Trolls: Berserking. Increases your attack / spell casting speed by 20% for 10 seconds.

Space-goat-squid-things: 1% hit

Both the Orc and Troll racial can be macro'd to spells / attacks.

Generally, The space-goat-squid-thing's racial is good for both Elemental and Enhance.
Orc, because of the race's other racials, would be better suited for Enhance, than a Goblin or Troll. As I understand it, haste isn't very useful for them.
I've seen more Resto shaman roll Goblin, or prefer it, over Troll because of how much haste is worth for them.
For Elemental, I generally only see Troll and Space Goats. For the burst c/d and the +1% hit.

All in all, I'd honestly just pick whichever race has the racials that'd best fit your style of play.
Edited by Furfures on 7/10/2012 3:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
Horde:

Alliance:

You skipped quite a few racials that are very useful.

Orcs: Bloodfury. Increases Attack Power or Spell Power by a certain amount, depending on your level, for 15 seconds.

Trolls: Berserking. Increases your attack / spell casting speed by 20% for 10 seconds.

Space-goat-squid-things: 1% hit

Both the Orc and Troll racial can be macro'd to spells / attacks.

Generally, The space-goat-squid-thing's racial is good for both Elemental and Enhance.
Orc, because of the race's other racials, would be better suited for Enhance, than a Goblin or Troll. As I understand it, haste isn't very useful for them.
I've seen more Resto shaman roll Goblin, or prefer it, over Troll because of how much haste is worth for them.
For Elemental, I generally only see Troll and Space Goats. For the burst c/d and the +1% hit.

All in all, I'd honestly just pick whichever race has the racials that'd best fit your style of play.

Yeah, I was tired and trying to get my grain to fire on all cylinders (sp?)

Sorry about the Thinderstomp/ War Stomp thing, I knew when I typed it out it didn't look right.

And Orc may have better racials than me, but I'm much cuter =) hahahaahahaha
(You'd think I thought I was a Gnome in disguise)
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
07/09/2012 03:11 PMPosted by Kataclyzmik

enhancement, orc has it in the bag, free expertise, trinket for AP and increased pet (wolves) damage

Well this if I was MS enh, but I haven't MS'd ENH since mid/late ICC. U U
Reply Quote
78 Blood Elf Death Knight
I WOULD GO FOR THE Tuaren for god sake i mean c'mon people with there warstomp they can get away and heal players or them self so theres 1. i dont even see goblin shamans any more because there basiclly its what Furferes space-goat-squid-things now maybe in differant patches they were good but its 5.4 people i never ever seen one goblin shaman is my life so NO.Trolls come out good with fast health regen so they if your a troll you dont need to heal your self a lot so after all this i would either choose a Tauren or a Troll. by the way totem is a complete dumbut in this situation so don't listen to him.
Reply Quote
by the way made typing mistake between furferes and space goat i meant to say said
Reply Quote
another mistake with they and if they is not supposed to be their and typing is not my strong point.
Reply Quote
Well for current content lots of good ideas above...

BUT WOD is just around the corner and when it is released Dorfs I think will be the race for alliance. 2% bonus crit dmg...not great but every little bit helps plus stoneform as good as it is...is getting a little buff
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]