Going it Alone - A DK Guide to Soloing Raids

90 Human Death Knight
Any success with Zul Grub? The guy that drops the raptor mount specifically, can't remember his name. Is there anyway around that cursed decapitate?
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
Any success with Zul Grub? The guy that drops the raptor mount specifically, can't remember his name. Is there anyway around that cursed decapitate?

It's best to do this fight as a hunter or monk - it's quite difficult as a DK. You will need to equip all the stamina gear possible, then stack your blood shield to maximum on the trash before Blood Lord Mandokir. Engage him, and blow every single defensive cooldown you have - with sufficient gear you'll survive decapitate. You'll then hit the vengeance cap (hopefully around 800k), and hopefully kill him extremely quickly following that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks for the advice. Perhaps gemming stamina on dps gear will do the trick? I typically run with two sets of gear, tho lately my job has completely consumed most of my spare time. I get my conquest cap for the week maybe run 1 or 2 old raids. Booooo work.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
This thread really needs to be updated. Why? Let's see.

WotLK Raids
Naxxramas 25: Easily doable.
Sartharion 3D 25: Easily doable as Frost, ilevel 500+.
Malygos 25: Doable.

Ulduar 25: Completely doable, including Algalon and Yogg+0 with current gear.

ToC 25 Heroic: Completely doable, with current gear.

ICC 25 HC: Completely doable, with the exception of Valithria, who is too hard on 25 Heroic, but can be done on lower difficulties. LK 25 Heroic requires ilevel 490+ gear, and the other bosses on 10 man are easily doable - easy Invincible farming.

Ruby Sanctum 25 HC: It should be doable with current gear.

Cataclysm Raids
Every boss is doable with ilevel 500+ gear on 10-man normal, with the exception of Conclave, which is soloable with current gear.

Every boss will probably be done on 10-man heroic assuming ilevel 535+ gear with the exceptions of Conclave and Sintharia (Sinestra).

MoP Raids
Stone Guard is doable in current gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Can anyone provide a strat for soloing the Zul'Aman Bear Run? I really want this mount and have tried on my hunter but keep getting smashed by the first boss. I have heard of other dks soloing it but I don't know whether I will be able to.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Ha. I was just coming to this forum to post something almost exactly like this, but for what's doable at the gear level I'm at/in blood spec and asking others to join in and post what they've solo'd. This is much better. Glad to see it.

As a side note, now that I'm home from class, I solo'd BT yesterday. Two bosses I've noticed that you've posted about I did a bit differently as blood in the current gear I'm in (Crafted PvP armor, just hit 90) and had no issues with.

Reliquary of Souls
It was literally just a tank and spank. No big issues. The phase where it does damage to you as you do damage to it, it's super easy as blood. I honestly just suggest putting this and the council as the bosses you'll be spending the most time on. I suggest sitting back and doing moderate damage-- but don't break your back to do the damage. You can relax and Death Strike through it if you wanted to. Though if you want to speed through it, just have your healing abilities at the ready. It literally doesn't do anything bad to you anymore. Just keep an eye on health and what not.

Council
I focused the paladin. Stayed in blood spec. He gets healed up by the priest, yes-- but with DPS cooldowns it's not hard. Just move out of the bad stuff and dps. Takes a few minutes, but you won't be taking too much damage by doing this. Haven't attempted by just attacking the priest yet.

I didn't have to use a single silence or interrupt in BT when I went.
Edited by Airwill on 3/29/2013 1:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Goblin Death Knight
Very nice guide that does deserve a sticky.

It does seem out of date on a few things, such as requiring a raid group to enter a raid. You can walk in solo now for all the raids I've tried.

On Viscidus in AQ40, I didn't need Frost spec or Dalaran swords. They seem to have greatly reduced the number of hits required both to freeze and shatter him.

I killed him 3 times in Blood spec./Blood presence with a 2H weapon on an unbuffed half-twinked 80 DK. I used no speed potions. I had WindSong enchant on my weapon so often had a lot of Haste at 80 from that and the ilevel 409 gear (55% haste unbuffed).

Each tic of Frost Fever apparently counts as a Frost attack so it is easy to get to the 50 or so now required to freeze him.

One problem I had was that if I kept up Frost Fever early in the fight he would keep freezing and shattering into several globules that would then slowly rejoin. It just slowed down the fight so I held off on Icy Touch until he was very low in health.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
This thread is awesome. Thanks for being so thorough, a lot of tasty info to chew on for future soloing projects. O u O
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Twin Emps is easily soloable now. And you don't need Ouro for C'Thun anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
STICKY THIS ALREADY!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Chimerion - BWD - lvl 90
Phase 1 - Fairly simple, the stacking healing debuff gets annoying, however it shouldn't be much of an issue to take it on and down with reasonable gear ( 500+ tried this on my 503 DK and had no issues ). Save your cooldowns for the later stacks, you will have 4 for majority of the fight, which is a 60% healing debuff and it does reduce the amount of blood shield, finished the fight at 50k health on my 502 DK ( stacking mastery ), and at around 350k for my main DK. Used stam flask/stam food. Once you reach around 3 stacks, it'll be a pain to heal yourself to full, so don't bother, trying to, just keep your blood shield as high as you can. THat's basically all this fight is. In the 2nd phase, it's nothing different, just free blood shield. P1 is the hardest, p2 really offered nothing of challenge to either Dks.

Just thought I would contribute a little bit to this since it's getting a bit outdated.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Can 10man Alyszrasor be soloed by a blood DK in 510 gear?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Long time forum lurker, rarely posted.

03/15/2013 12:04 PMPosted by Valithyria

It's best to do this fight as a hunter or monk - it's quite difficult as a DK. You will need to equip all the stamina gear possible, then stack your blood shield to maximum on the trash before Blood Lord Mandokir. Engage him, and blow every single defensive cooldown you have - with sufficient gear you'll survive decapitate. You'll then hit the vengeance cap (hopefully around 800k), and hopefully kill him extremely quickly following that.

Decapitate has been patched and no longer target the tank. Please see 5.3 patch notes. (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9679398/) Bloodlord Mandokir will no longer use Decapitate against his current target. In other words, you can solo it as a blood DK easily. I got the mount from Bloodlord Mandokir in very few tries!

Reliquary of Souls
It was literally just a tank and spank. No big issues. The phase where it does damage to you as you do damage to it, it's super easy as blood. I honestly just suggest putting this and the council as the bosses you'll be spending the most time on. I suggest sitting back and doing moderate damage-- but don't break your back to do the damage. You can relax and Death Strike through it if you wanted to. Though if you want to speed through it, just have your healing abilities at the ready. It literally doesn't do anything bad to you anymore. Just keep an eye on health and what not.

RoS is easy. You can do it in Frost. During the 'Desire' or 'self-hurt' phase, you summon Army of the Dead, Raise Dead, stop auto-attacks, interrupt the Spirit Shock (there should only be one shock) and Death Strike to break its Rune Shield. The minions will do the rest. :)

Council
I focused the paladin. Stayed in blood spec. He gets healed up by the priest, yes-- but with DPS cooldowns it's not hard. Just move out of the bad stuff and dps. Takes a few minutes, but you won't be taking too much damage by doing this. Haven't attempted by just attacking the priest yet.

Illidari Council can be done as Frost too. Again, summon Army of the Dead and Raise Dead. Burst down the Paladin. Done. :)

Can 10man Alyszrasor be soloed by a blood DK in 510 gear?

Thanks!

It can be done as Frost. Check this list of youtube videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dk+solo+alysrazor&oq=dk+solo+&gs_l=youtube.3.0.35i39l2j0l8.56.875.0.1651.6.6.0.0.0.0.129.496.5j1.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.ldGEesAkPIk
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Hey im lvl 90 blood spec ilvl 540, I think don't remember but pretty well geared. I've soloed everything in classic wow all of BC now im working on wotlk. Naxx on last 3 bosses, Onyxia' lair done trail of crusades done. All in blood spec. But for some reason I cant beat EoT, I get real close but cant quit get em done before berserk. Any tips would be nice. Thanks this is my first post so hope it all makes sence.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Death Knight
EoT?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Dat necro.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
did not read all but great look to it def will later thanks
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So what all can a fresh 90 blood dk handle solo raid wise my goal is to have one so i can play thursday after christmas since i have off work hes lvl 69 atm
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So what kind of gear should I be trying to get now to solo some of these raids? Specifically, Heroic ICC 10 and 25 Ulduar Norm. And should I have a full fledged blood spec or blood presence? Just curious whether I should be farming JP for tank gear or blood spec with dps gear

Thanks guys
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
So what kind of gear should I be trying to get now to solo some of these raids? Specifically, Heroic ICC 10 and 25 Ulduar Norm. And should I have a full fledged blood spec or blood presence? Just curious whether I should be farming JP for tank gear or blood spec with dps gear

Thanks guys

Same question here actually. I am curious what kind of gear is better with blood spec for soloing. Anyone?
Edited by Yveren on 12/20/2013 4:31 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]