Going it Alone - A DK Guide to Soloing Raids

90 Orc Death Knight
Anyone figure out a way to solo Algalon the Observer 10man?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Any ideas for Flame Levi 25?
I got it down to about 15% HP then my vehicle dies... I think it was about 12m HP, impossible to burn on foot before I die.

I'm guessing I'll need a 2nd person. :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Any ideas for Flame Levi 25?
I got it down to about 15% HP then my vehicle dies... I think it was about 12m HP, impossible to burn on foot before I die.

I saw a video in which they parked a lot of vehicles in the corners of the boss room.
Jump in when yours die?
If you're doing this already, wellllp...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I did exactly what Babelon had mentioned when I was working on soloing 25man. It works nicely. Also completely soloed 10man (Hardmodes and Achievements) with the exception of Algalon.

Has anyone tried soloing ICC 25 Normal / Heroic at all? Looking to farm the Tokens and the heroic red version of the T10 gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
today i solod all of aq40 except visc.

twin emps took a couple attempts ( first one failed because i got swarmed by trash from godknows where, second was because a lfr queue popped up) but 3rd times the charm, blood spec with dps gear i downed em. c'thun is very easily soloable now.

now i need something else to solo, i dont know what
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
visc is easy solo now too, razorice and hb/it spam freezes him in no time and it only takes 30 hits to shatter him
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
today i solod all of aq40 except visc.

twin emps took a couple attempts ( first one failed because i got swarmed by trash from godknows where, second was because a lfr queue popped up) but 3rd times the charm, blood spec with dps gear i downed em. c'thun is very easily soloable now.

now i need something else to solo, i dont know what

Have to kill all the trash in the hallways leading to the Twin Emps. They are tied to the bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I did exactly what Babelon had mentioned when I was working on soloing 25man. It works nicely. Also completely soloed 10man (Hardmodes and Achievements) with the exception of Algalon.

Has anyone tried soloing ICC 25 Normal / Heroic at all? Looking to farm the Tokens and the heroic red version of the T10 gear.

ICC is still impossible to solo due to gunship and dreamwalker.

dreamwalker isn't so bad since you can still farm 3 tier bosses weekly, but gunship blocks you even from that.
Edited by Salloreon on 12/9/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I tried 3 drake Sartharion on 25 man mode. While I could kill all three drakes, I just couldn't output enough dps to kill Vesperon (the third drake) before he threw a shield on the boss. Once that happens, you're screwed, as the boss is immune to everything and if you try and enter the portal to kill the add the fight resets.

I had trouble doing Razorgore in BWL until I learned that if you right-click his portrait and choose dismiss, rather than just letting the mind control run out, he'll lose aggro on all the mobs. Clear half the room nearest the orb of eggs, dismiss Razor, kill all the adds on you, then re-MC him and finish the rest.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
12/09/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Salloreon
ICC is still impossible to solo due to gunship

Gunship is soloable now. They upped the turret damage. I'll add it to the guild once finals are over!

Dreamwalker is still out of our grasp, sadly. But if you bring in one healer friend, they can do it for you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
As a point of reference, the Bear Mount run in Zul'Aman is soloable now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Now I finally managed to get my shadow's edge, with the key I have cleared up to upper, is it possible to do the infusions on my own? Or will I hit the enrage timer like I did on festergut 25.

Keep in mind I run with all my dps gear on and just in blood spec.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
The first infusion, Unholy, requires someone in the Abomination on the Putricide fight. So no, you cannot solo the infusions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Great guide, putting it on my favorites.

Time to try ToTC, I was wondering what I was doing wrong for Acidmaw/Dreadscale. :p
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Something to add to soloing Kael'thas:

I just soloed him for the first time ever on this toon (Blood Spec - 452 ilvl) using the strategy you outlined, I did not get MCed at all (luck?), but it just took a long time to clear the entire raid of trash and bosses.

Fight was pretty easy didn't worry about dying, his Flamestrikes are VERY easy to avoid, fireballs only do around 15k each. Just thought I'd share my experience for anyone who wants to get their Phoenix mount =)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
12/10/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Elisabeta
As a point of reference, the Bear Mount run in Zul'Aman is soloable now.
It is? I had a hard time with the bear boss. How did you deal with the damage increase from the stun?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
oh, for the record, cthun is a very easy solo now that his stomach wont insta kill you, no need to pull him with the boss previous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
12/17/2012 11:25 PMPosted by Drumtech
but it just took a long time to clear the entire raid of trash and bosses.

You don't need to do that.
Reply Quote
94 Worgen Death Knight
Copied this from another thread I posted in:

I can only speak for 10 man, which I've solo'd gunship on, but it is indeed soloable now.

Get/equip your jetpack and start the event, and jump in a cannon. Keep firing the cannon (remember to use the secondary ability to kill the heat buildup around 80-90) but rotate your camera backwards to watch for the portal that appears on deck. When it appears, dismount cannon (you can use an ability like bone shield to dismount, as well) and kill the attackers, making sure none manage to fire off their 'burning pitch' ability.

Then, if the cannons are frozen, leap across with your jetpack and kill the mage, else jump back in your cannon until the mage freezes it, then jump across.

When you jump back from the enemy ship, set your jump point right next to your cannon so you can immediately jump back in.

It's hectic, but doable. Your priority is maximizing fire time in the cannon, and making sure you kill the portal attackers FAST. You can pretty much ignore the ranged guys standing at the edge of the deck.

I did it with my paltry ilvl, I'm sure you can. I also did it in frost dps spec to make killing the adds go faster.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Ony 25 is easy just takes about 24minutes. Blood spec DPS gear. Lucked out this week and did Ony 25 got Sharpened Obsidium edged blade and Armageddon to drop from four horsemen. Now to finish last 2 acheivements for red proto drake.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]