Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Two friends and I (Rogue, R. Shaman & future Mistweaver) are looking at transferring to this server from our current one, Sargeras. One of the primary reasons is due to the 50/50 ratio your server has in terms of population (world pvp!) and the other being a fresh start away from the idiocy that is prevalent on our current server. With that said, I do have a few questions. If any of you would be kind enough to answer, I would greatly appreciate it.
1. Being a PVE server, does world PVP happen? Do people flag themselves?
2. How is the economy on the Horde side?
3. How is PVE recruitment? We're trying to determine if we're going to start a new guild (or transfer an existing one) or if we're going to join an existing group, which may be difficult to manage with our core of 3 people.
Thank you for your time!
Edited by Pokejabpoke on 7/8/2012 3:50 PM PDT
Would you mind elaborating a bit more on the last point? Are guilds just not recruiting? or is there simply not a big raiding scene at the moment? I realize things are quite tedious at the moment, some may be taking a break.
Well, I'm actually surprised there hasn't been more trolling here so that's a decent sign.
We're looking for an active guild that will be tackling heroic content, but not spending every waking moment doing so. Two of us led a pseudo high-end guild during BC (Mu'ru to 1%, pre-nerf) and Wrath (not that it means much). We have taken a hiatus during this expansion due to... terrible content. We're now looking to jump back into raiding in non-administrative roles. We'd like to show up, perform the task at hand and be done with it. Our third is currently 8/8H DS as a feral tank. We aren't necessarily confined to the roles outlined in my initial post, that is just where we are each leaning currently.
We're seeking a somewhat mature guild, so if racist slang or any other nonsense is your thing - we're probably not for you, nor you for us. However, if anybody out there is looking for three stable raiders who show up, come prepared and perform at a high level, feel free to drop me a line on this character or just leave a message here.
We will be transferring shortly if we get a positive response.
Thank you for reading my wall of text!
Edited by Pokejabpoke on 7/23/2012 9:00 PM PDT
I will be happy to give you insight on why our guild transferred here 9ish months ago.
1. The economy is great for raiding on the AH. The mats are cheap and in plentiful supply. There are a good bit of bots why help to keep ore and herb prices low compared to many other servers. You can make gold no problem here also just not big chunks at a time.
2. Pvp, well this is a PvE server so very little world PvP ever occurs. I would love to see more of it personally but my main play is PvE.
3. Plenty of guilds on the server, many with varying raid times and dates of the week. We used wowprogress.com to determine that there was a healthy enough 10 man community for our 25 man guild. Since then another 25 man raiding guild has formed and is doing good also.
4. Always going to have trolls and those enjoyment comes from being jerks. As a whole speaking for Horde side only I would say that things are good. Healthly growth for us due to free transfers along with content bringing back a group of raiders disenfranchised with a lackluster Cata.
1. Yes, When Galleon is up, and random places.
2. The economy is fine, there seems to be a bit more stuff on the horde side.
3. Its healthy most of the guilds are recruiting. But it all depends on what type of progression you are looking for really. look me up in game if you have any more questions.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.