Goodbye Dark Endeavor

(Locked)

90 Undead Priest
I wish I can come with you guys. Haha. Good luck on the new server! Take it easy.
100 Pandaren Shaman
Miss you Shints <3
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/03/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Shintai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF5x_AS1yYw

Loved that video. Still do.
100 Tauren Druid
I forgot it was DE that did that. So great.
90 Human Priest
OMG HAI
85 Worgen Death Knight
08/03/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Shintai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF5x_AS1yYw

Amazing. Wish I coulda been a part of it.

GL on Proudmoore!
90 Human Priest
We already have done more there since we moved then we did the whole time on Durotan. I honestly don't know why people stay here.
85 Troll Hunter
08/14/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Sector
We already have done more there since we moved then we did the whole time on Durotan. I honestly don't know why people stay here.

Being terrible, friends, being part of the 2/3 decent guilds that do exist on Durotan, etc. I actually kind of liked Durotan during Firelands, it was fun.
90 Human Death Knight
08/14/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Sector

The server is what you make of it, just as any particular guild and their progress is what its members make of it.

WoW is the same exact game no matter what server you play on (technical / hardware issues aside lol). Transferring servers didn't magically transform even one single member of your team into a better, more skilled player. If I had to make an educated guess, it would simply be that the larger pool of players to choose from on Proudmoore allowed your guild to replace the dead weight on your raiding team which was tolerated far more than your guild was obviously comfortable with carrying, lol.

...Of course, that quote up there might just be referring to how you guys are creating more awesome videos like that Billy Joel Lib-Dub, rather than referring to raiding. If that is the case, I might've help fund your transfers myself if it meant more videos like that, lmao. Just saw that for the first time tonight - much respect, D.E., that was highly entertaining.
Edited by Variat on 8/17/2012 4:47 AM PDT
85 Orc Hunter
The server is what you make of it, just as any particular guild and their progress is what its members make of it.

WoW is the same exact game no matter what server you play on (technical / hardware issues aside lol). Transferring servers didn't magically transform even one single member of your team into a better, more skilled player. If I had to make an educated guess, it would simply be that the larger pool of players to choose from on Proudmoore allowed your guild to replace the dead weight on your raiding team which was tolerated far more than your guild was obviously comfortable with carrying, lol.

I am sure you know this, but your last half of your argument and the first half are at odds with one another.

This game is dependent on a group of people getting together and working towards a goal. However, when a server rarely gets new players and people are loathe to leave their guild for many reasons (friends, comfort, guild rep, etc), it is very hard to replace players that have left the game or are just plain bad at raiding.

The wonderful thing about servers like Proudmoore, Illidan, Stormrage, etc, is that they have people transferring there daily. So you always have people to draw from.

Servers like Durotan are losing players left and right, and no one is going to transfer here (for the most part) because it is dying.

I hope MoP brings a lot of players back and they are spread out among the servers, but with the plethora of low-to-low/mid pop servers available, it will be very hard to fill them up with enough players.

Not poo-pooing Durotan, just stating things as I see it. And Durotan is not alone in this, either.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Durotan
If you transfer back to Durotan, it means you screwed up bad somewhere else.

FML. ):
My mom didn't love me enough.
85 Orc Hunter
At least you picked a dwarf :) Cannot be too big of a screw up.
90 Pandaren Priest
08/18/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Pruney
If you transfer back to Durotan, it means you screwed up bad somewhere else.

FML. ):
My mom didn't love me enough.

oh noes D:
100 Worgen Hunter
Whatever became of Dark Endeavor?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]