Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
On July 21st and 22nd Alliance guild Vacation Bible School will be hosting an 8 team 3v3 arena tournament. This tournament can consist of teams from both factions! Were doing a small scale tourney to start with so we can do a much larger scale tourney later. Working out kinks and such! =]
The tournament will be held as single elimination with 2 brackets ending in a final winner. It will be fun you say? What will be the prize, you say? That will be answered below. :)
*Qualifications for tournament entry are as follows:*
- There will be a 2.1k gold per team (700g per person) entree fee which must be paid ONCE by each registering team.
- Each team must have the Team Name, Comp, And Player names in the team submitted to Clamstew@alli fenris or Massterfisty@Horde Fenris by July 18th. This can be done by in-game mail or whisper at any time you see fit by then.
- In this tournament, PVE gear of ANY type will be forbidden. (This means NO Legends and vial for you rogues and no cunnings or legends for casters!) We are testing and rewarding PLAYER skill in this tournament rather than GEAR skill. Also, just to make it fair, T1 weapons only please! =]
*Rules Regulations and Game info*
- Each match will be a 5v5 wargame between 2 teams consisting of the 3 players from each team and 2 commentators/ event runners!
- Games will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Each match-up will play best of 3 games to determine winner.
- First prize team will get 7800G to split amongst team.
- Second prize team will get 4500G to split amongst team.
- Also, 500G will be awarded to the most exceptional player or MVP of the tourney. (not on a prize winning team.)
Come show out your skill and win a little gold in the first Fenris PVP tournament! Most of all, HAVE FUN!
Edited by Clamstew on 7/9/2012 8:13 PM PDT
I'm in but I have a couple of questions. First why do we need to submit all player names before hand with comp?
If you have the info on all the teams does this give your teams or other teams advantage by working out strats before hand?
Will you be posting the teams on here so everyone will have the same info?
Good good don't know you but will just have to trust you on that I guess. Hopefully this can ignite some PvP fenris desperately needs.
Now I'm assuming this will be done through 3v3 war games. Will there be certain maps being used? 1 map or maybe picking 3 different style maps doing 1 game on each?
Qood questions man. Well im new to the server kinda so you wouldnt know me. Umm yeah im not biased for anyone.. This is a legit tourney and will be ran as such. Noone will know any information that could give an unfair advantage prior to the day of the tourney.
As far as the map question.. Each team will be given the choice to chose which map they would like to compete on. one map per team. We have set up a tiebreaker map for the 3rd round.. that will be the same for ever team / game played.
Games will be played as 5v5 wargames.. HOWEVER it is only 3v3.. WE have to run it as 5v5 so that the streamers and conmmentators can be in the arena with you guys. you will enter the arena.. kill the 2 players on each team who are part of the event staff.. you will then reset.. we will give a count down.. and you will start the game.
Edited by Clamstew on 7/10/2012 4:51 PM PDT
were looking into a few people who could possibly stream it. No for sure comfirmation on which yet but the possibilities are big names! =]
Yes multicomping is allowed..
id love to say that trip DPS is not allowed.. However, for the time being.. The only banned comp is double healer. This may however change as we draw closer to the sign up deadline. WE may decide we want to ban trip deeps. Everyone just needs to keep an eye on the thread and watch for updates. =]
Hope that helped. more than welcome to PM me if you have anymore specific questions. =]
I wouldn't like the idea of banning triple DPS. If you are going skill wise it should be an option for people who are use to those comps. Also with fenris good healers are few and far between so giving people another option running trip dps would give you more teams to enter.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.