Racials in MoP

85 Human Rogue
Alright, Am I the only one who thinks that in MoP, blizzard should make it that you can choose whatever race/class you want, and then CHOOSE your "racials" (Ofcourse it wouldn't really be racials anymore, but we can find a name)

I think they should make some kind of Talent system with it, Having 3 levels, like Primary, Secondary, and misc or passive or something lol

EXAMPLE: Make a Worgen warlock, For your first one you could take, "Everyman for himself"(free trinket Human Racial.) , 2nd , Expansive mind ( Increase mana pool by 5%. Gnome racial) and 3rd something like [Command] : Damage done by Death Knight, Hunter, Shaman and Warlock pets increased by 5%. OR [Elusivesness]: Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while Shadowmelded or Stealthed and increases your speed while stealthed by 5%. Faster stealthed speed added in . (Rogue and Druid only)

I Feel that this would allow people to play what race they really want to, think looks the best for that class or just in general, what lore they prefer, or anything of the kind. Instead of making people feel like to get an edge over someone they have to pick Human (for the free trinket) or like As i can see Next Expansion, apparently undeads are getting a 14k-15k Life Drain Racial (Called Touch of the grave -> The spell description is as follows: "Your attacks and damaging spells have a chance to drain the target, dealing 12654 to 14706 Shadow damage and healing you for the same amount." )... Now, am I the only one that thinks/knows that with the Every man for himself Nerf, EVERYONE is going to want to go undead?.. Because an extra 15k life drain could be the difference between life&death / Winning an arena / losing an arena.

I'm not the best at puting arguements "on paper" It sounds alot better in my head. But leave your feedback , I'd like to know what everyone thinks

I'd rather not see 10,000 people go on about how "HURR FURRDURR IF YOU NEED FREE TRINKET TO WIN YOU BAD LULZ" , thanks

~ Darko
Reply Quote
There's gonna be people screaming BUT NO THAT'S HOMOGENIZATION

Homogenization < balance. Simple as that.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'd rather they just make racials into mundane things that do not really change much about your character, than letting you choose the ones you want most.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
I actully like this idea. However, we should make it so that the racials do not effect dps/tanking/healing or PvP that much.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Omg, positive things were said about a post, IT'S A MIRACLE <3
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Rogue
I just want racials to be cosmetic rather than give you some combat ability.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
there will never be balanced racials, there will always be something for some class that will draw someone to a race, Just like they will never completely balance all Classes, there will always be something better than another
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I thumbs up this idea. It gives the player more freedom when they customize their character. And PvPer or not, it would add to the game and make it more equal for players.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
Alright, Am I the only one who thinks that in MoP, blizzard should make it that you can choose whatever race/class you want, and then CHOOSE your "racials" (Ofcourse it wouldn't really be racials anymore, but we can find a name)

Just, no. No no no no.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
While I understand what you're saying, and think it is a good idea, I don't think they should remove "racials" for a system like this.

Personally, I wish they would add something more along the lines of "fun" racials. Giving players a reason to roll a specific race, maybe so they get their favorite racial. Sort of like Goblin's rocket jump. It's fun, but not overly useful.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
07/05/2012 10:01 PMPosted by Kheia
Personally, I wish they would add something more along the lines of "fun" racials. Giving players a reason to roll a specific race, maybe so they get their favorite racial. Sort of like Goblin's rocket jump. It's fun, but not overly useful.

But, I think it would be completely better, if you could choose a race that you wouldn't hate to look at how freaking ugly they are or how bad they look in your favourite armour set, and still get whatever racial you feel will benefit your play style the most.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Just, no. No no no no.

Lol? If this were to happen the game would have a lot of choices instead of one, for example if you want to pvp as ally, you would want to be human,why? because they have 2 trinkets. So if this would happen it would be a great addition to the game
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Bump, EVERYONE MUST SEE, AND ASK BLIZZ <3
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Honestly if you COULD choose your raciels, this game wouldnt be fun, everyone would probly have the same raciel and makes the races un unique
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
lol, I've gotten probably over 500 people to agree with me and tell me they like my idea, I don't know how it would make it any less fun, You'd still get the diff starting zones, different dances, different pretty much everything, except for racials, I'm just tired of looking at this guy run around that looks like he got kicked in the nuts, trying to stab some guy with these butter knives.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
Tauren with Will of the Forsaken. For some reason that feels off.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
07/06/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Disregarded
Tauren with Will of the Forsaken. For some reason that feels off.
Clearly they would change the names.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]