Unable to Open a SSL Connection to us.battle.

100 Undead Rogue
Unable to Open a SSL Connection to us.battle.net

I was doing a maintance run to my bnet-connector library and found out I had problems with SSL connections to us.battle.net. Using the famous InstallCert program from Sun, this is its output:
Loading KeyStore C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\jre\lib\security\cacerts...
Opening connection to us.battle.net:80...
Starting SSL handshake...

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.handleUnknownRecord(InputRecord.java:523)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(InputRecord.java:355)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:789)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1120)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1147)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:1131)
at InstallCert.main(InstallCert.java:103)
Could not obtain server certificate chain

It seems to be the same error as the one I am always getting from China (www.battlenet.com.cn). Everything seems to work for Europe, Korea and Taiwan.

Has something changed?
Edited by Oscassey on 7/10/2012 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Tauren Druid
According to the output, you're trying to connect to us.battle.net on port 80; SSL for the API runs on port 443 (which is the default browsers use for https URLs).

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]