[A]WoW Factor Transmog Contest-Sat Aug 11@7pm

90 Draenei Shaman
Okay Fizzcrank....

I heard back from Noelani - YAY!! Here are the details....

Date: Saturday August 11, 2012
Time: 7:00 pm server time starting....finish around 10:00 pm server.

As for the destination, Stormwind Cathedral is our go-to location for Alliance events, as it's accessible, large and well lit.

The guest judge is not yet confirmed, although Noelani has a couple of offers pending - whoever the guest judge is will be a great surprise for us! Noelani & Elvine should be there also!

Remember, this event will be live streamed also, and photos will be taken, if you go to their website & facebook group - you can see all their other events - let's really show the WoW world what Fizzcrank is made up of!

All these details will be added to The WoW Factor's public site on Wednesday.

http://wowroleplaygear.com/the-wow-factor/

Now, for the sponsors......We have had a more than generous amount of offers for people to sponsor.

The Haunted will still be contributing 100,000 gold towards the prize fund for this. I am also going to throw in from the guild - a Mekgineer's Chopper to the prize pool from the guild.

As a personal donation from just myself the contest, I will personally donate a pet from the blizzard store to add to the prize pool.......

For everyone else that offered to pledge gold towards the overall prizes, are you all still up for it??? and if so, can you post when you might be free to trade it with Elvine, unless of course you are all willing to trade with me, and I can work out arrangements to trade with Elvine. Elvine is one of the WoW Factor Partners. Also, if guilds or people wanting to sponsor or contribute, we can also offer prizes as well as gold - so if anyone wants to offer mounts, pets or anything else, just let us know! Post in here if you want to contribute or sponsor and add to our prize pool.

Noelani, Elvine & myself - along with the others - will be watching this to ensure we get all the prizes & so forth....this will be so fun...and well - good luck with your transmogs! I am looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

Let's all work together to make this not only the biggest but alos the best ever transmog contest for all the folks on Fizzcrank! This is the first big realm wide Transmog contest, let's see how many we can get & what kind of prize pool we can get!

Thanks all - it will be so fun *is so excited*

<3 yay Fizzcrank!
Edited by Skylä on 8/7/2012 3:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Priest
Thanks for the update. I will try to contact you in-game to arrange the gold transfer. Also, I will be updating my guild's calender to note the date, time and location. Here's hoping this is as good a thing for Fizzcrank as I think it will be, and many thanks to you for getting the server involved.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
I can give my 30,000 anytime on Saturday. Just send me a tell in game :)
Reply Quote
92 Human Death Knight
I am available whenever to give the gold. If you would prefer me to give it directly to Elvine, that is fine. If it doesn't matter, send me a tell whenever.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I am on vacation till the day of the show, but will be checking this thread or my email (elvinelol@gmail.com) for any updates on gold transfers.

Look forward to seeing everyone's Transmogs!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thank you so much Elvine! Enjoy your vacation! Looking forward to Saturday! <3

To Alliance Fizzcrank....pass the word around everyone! There is still time for those that want to contribute to the prize pool or sponsor. Just let us know!

For those that wanted more info regarding the contest....

The following is copied from http://wowroleplaygear.com/the-wow-factor/

Please see their site for further information - plus check out all the amazing transmog information they have there!

Participant Rules

If you’d like to take part in an event, all you have to do is show up at the designated time and location as listed in our Events articles – there’s no registration required. There are however a few guidelines worth taking note of:

• The majority of your outfit should be transmogrified.
• An outfit should have no missing armor pieces (but you are not required to show helm or cloak, or wear a shirt and tabard).
• Participants may switch character between rounds, but not during. We may wish to return to award gold to a character at any time.
• Characters from multiple accounts are accepted.
• As you can change character between rounds, you may also change outfit, but do so at your own risk (we might prefer your first!).
• We don’t award prizes to outfits with a mix of armor types.

Participant FAQ

Q. Can I win multiple prizes?
A. Yes, participants may win a prize in each of the rounds of competition.

Q. Do I have to attend the whole event to be eligible for a prize?
A. No, players may come and go as they please, and are not required to have won in a previous round to be eligible for later rounds. We recognise that players have other commitments, so we do our best to be flexible.

Q. Can we enter as a guild/partnership?
A. Whilst we love to see groups of themed characters, we sadly have to judge on an individual basis. It’s simply too difficult to judge groups in comparison to individuals.

Q. Are roleplay outfits accepted?
A. We fully encourage participants to show off their roleplay outfits during the course of our events, but unfortunately we cannot judge them on the same basis as other transmogrification sets unless they fulfil all of the criteria set out in the rules above. For example, allowing the mixing of armor types can potentially give a great advantage to plate wearers, who may wear almost any armor pieces to form a roleplay set.

Q. Why do you hate dwarves and love blood elves etc?
A. The reason that certain races are over-represented among winners is quite simply because the relative population of that race is higher. We’ve attended Horde events where 50 out of 100 are Blood Elves and 2 are Goblins, of course there will be more Elves winning in such circumstances.

Q. You always talk about ‘Recipe’ sets. What does that mean, exactly?
A. We use the term ‘recipe’ to refer to any outfit which was designed by Blizzard with the intention of those items matching one another. For example, tier sets, pvp sets and uncommon BoE sets such as the Commander’s Set.

Judging Criteria

When judging transmogrification events, we take a number of factors in to consideration. Fulfilling one or more of the criteria does not automatically make a character a winner, but these are the areas we focus on when discussing outfits:

• Uniqueness – Players who have used their creativity to create an outfit we’ve not seen before will really stand out.
• Colour-coordination – Items which blend together in a colour theme.
• Accessorising – Matching cloaks/weapons/pets with armor sets. Particularly valuable with armor sets that are intended to go together (‘Recipes’).
• Theme – Outfits relating to a certain location/faction, for example, a frozen Northrend set.
• Personality – An outfit which embodies a character as a personality, for example, an engineer.
• Completeness – Outfits which appear to be at their final stage with no more work to be done. The player has completed their intended set.
• Effort/Rarity

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday! It will be such fun - even if you aren't participating or entering, please come on down to the Cathedral & check out the festivities!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
07/29/2012 09:45 PMPosted by Kuching
either for mog or twink

Twinks don't use green items
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I hope everyone is ready! One more sleep!

Tomorrow will be an exciting day for the Alliance side on Fizzcrank!

Elvine, I have the 100,000 gold from The Haunted, plus the chopper prize from our guild, on top of that I will trade you a pet or code for a pet (from the Blizzard Store) that I am personally donating for the contest, so. I also have the 20,000 from Bancduese from Exodus - they have contributed their share as well. So, I will get those to you.

Should be a good time :D Looking forward to it!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Skylä,

I replied to your email. I'm free pretty much the whole night and into the early morning for the gold transfer.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
08/09/2012 09:58 PMPosted by Sinnerxxs
either for mog or twink

Twinks don't use green items

Please feel free to mail me all those green items twinks 'don't buy', I'll make sure I 'vendor' them for you! LMFAO
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Prize packages are being picked up, current gold purse is at 341,000g along with 2 mounts and 7 pets.

Way to go Fizzcrank!
Edited by Elvine on 8/11/2012 2:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Thanks for a great show Fizzcrank! Links will be posted in the next few days for screenshots and follow up article in this thread.

Please feel free to leave feedback in this thread for everyone to see, positive or negative.

-Elvine
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Sorry you guys couldn't see my amazing mog.

/flex
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
It was a fun evening and a nice change for Fizzcrank, thank you Skyla for bringing WoW Factor to Fizzcrank. It was a night to remember!

Fizzcrank really came together for this one, biggest prize pool to date for the show, and a really good showing of people with some excellent transmogs. We could have done without some of the negative yells, spells and whiners but I guess you'll get that anywhere.

The live stream show was well done, thanks Elvine and crew for doing such a great job with this event. You came across as competent and knowledgsable judges.
Reply Quote
Oh my gosh! This was amazing!!!

Thank you Skyla, and all the other sponsor's for getting this event here!!!
It truly was a great show, this is the first one I've ever seen hehe; and I enjoyed every minute of it!!!!! :-D.

I cannot wait for the screenshot's and video too be up! =D!!!!!
*grin face* So I can look at some of the amaziiiiinnng transmogs that I missed hehe.
((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))))))))!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
What a fun event!!! Thank you so much to the Wow Factor judges for coming out to Fizzcrank last night and giving the moggers a chance to shine. :D

Also, big thank you to Skyla for bringing the event to Fizzcrank and to all the sponsors that made Fizzcrank the highest prize list to date!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thank you so much to Elvine, Noelani, Ironyca & Kamalia & all the others of your crew with you, for your hard work & all your efforts!

It was truly an honour to have you all come to Fizzcrank & judge this.

Thank you to all of Fizzcrank – to all the sponsors & the those that entered & to all the spectators.

It was a great time, and a huge Gratz to all the winners! Everyone looked so awesome - even some of our trolls looked great & stayed around & hopefully they had some fun too :P

~Skylä <3
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
Link to Fizzcrank's WoW Factor Follow-Up

http://wowroleplaygear.com/
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Follow up article

http://wowroleplaygear.com/2012/08/14/wow-factor-us-fizzcrank-alliance-follow-up/

Screenshots

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.435765829809658.113682.371621519557423&type=1

Video Archive

http://www.twitch.tv/elvinemod/b/328298072 (Part 1) | http://www.twitch.tv/elvinemod/b/328309740 (Part 2)
Edited by Elvine on 8/14/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
This contest sucks, all the winners are either female blood elfs that are almost naked, or people with atleast one piece of gear from vanilla or bc.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]