Introducing the Guild Mentoring Program

(Sticky)

85 Blood Elf Priest
Hello other Mentor guild! How is your mentoring going?

I think he was talking about the mount, and not the program up a couple of posts :P. I suspect it is very difficult to find brand spanking new players right now, I think it will be easier come closer to MoP / after it is released to attract some green bellies. I am just glad Frontear and Tyranea is here to do all the hard mentoring for me!

Edit: and Lord Dolan
Edited by Câst on 9/7/2012 7:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Yes youre right it is hard to find brand new players at the moment.As a recruiter i visit the newbie areas daily and im finding that a good 95% of the low level players already have high level players.
Alas...i will not give up :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
I don't understand the logic of giving the Mentor Guilds MVP on the forums.

Seeing as how little traffic realm forums get is one reason, but another one is the fact that half the supposed MVP's from the Mentor Program (at least the ones from the SF Horde one) do nothing but engage in a circle jerk kinda takes away from from the whole "valuable poster" thing.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/13/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Awkward
Seeing as how little traffic realm forums get is one reason,

Little traffic? uwot

09/13/2012 05:52 AMPosted by Awkward
but another one is the fact that half the supposed MVP's from the Mentor Program (at least the ones from the SF Horde one) do nothing but engage in a circle jerk kinda takes away from from the whole "valuable poster" thing.

Interesting observation, not that you are bias or anything, with vested interest in photonics that happen to disagree with the views of a lot of the super friends cart club.

All the horde Mvp's are as always willing to take questions to help other players improve, just ask dolan in game about moonkin dps, or resto healing, he is definitely a good sport about it and will answer legitimate questions thoroughly.

I think maybe you and your friends in photonics should not be so "green" with envy over one of saurfang's premier guilds obtaining such prestigious rewards for their hard work in this World of Warcraft
Edited by Rageahol on 9/13/2012 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
09/13/2012 07:34 AMPosted by Rageahol
Little traffic? uwot

There is still a thread on the front page where the last post was almost a month ago.

Outside maybe a dozen or so people, there isn't all that much traffic, much less discussion on these forums.

Interesting observation, not that you are bias or anything, with vested interest in photonics that happen to disagree with the views of a lot of the super friends cart club.

I have friends in Photonics, yes. I don't see how that's relevant. It doesn't take away from the fact that the vast majority of SF traffic is nothing but one big ol' circle jerk.

All the horde Mvp's are as always willing to take questions to help other players improve, just ask dolan in game about moonkin dps, or resto healing, he is definitely a good sport about it and will answer legitimate questions thoroughly.

I'm sure Carried is quite helpful in game. However, on the forums, he's about as helpful as well...You.

MVP = Most Valuable Poster and as a poster he contributes incredibly little.

I think maybe you and your friends in photonics should not be so "green" with envy over one of saurfang's premier guilds obtaining such prestigious rewards for their hard work in this World of Warcraft

If I wanted MVP, I could probably get it. It's not really all that hard to get. There is an MVP on General Discussion who got MVP for no more than creating a guide to transmogrification.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/13/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Awkward
If I wanted MVP, I could probably get it.

cool story, tell another

Outside maybe a dozen or so people, there isn't all that much traffic, much less discussion on these forums.

Is it not clear that many Saurfang guilds have already picked up their star players and there is no further need to bump their recruitment.

I mean i know you left saurfang for "greener" pastures, but this realm is such a thriving metropolis of ideas and people its simply stunning sometimes how great people from all walks of life would come to this one server to be a part of.

It often goes without saying but Saurfang is truely a great server and i think i speak for the entire realm when i say that Lord Dolan does us proud

MVP = Most Valuable Poster and as a poster he contributes incredibly little.

Lord Dolan contributes in ways unseen to all but a select few on this realm, be assured his title is just, a true champion of Saurfang.

I have friends in Photonics, yes. I don't see how that's relevant. It doesn't take away from the fact that the vast majority of SF traffic is nothing but one big ol' circle jerk.

Super friends cart club is certainly not a "big ol circle joke" I think you being fed misinformation by those around you, generally taking certain posts out of context.

<3 mushin
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I don't understand the logic of giving the Mentor Guilds MVP on the forums.

Seeing as how little traffic realm forums get is one reason, but another one is the fact that half the supposed MVP's from the Mentor Program (at least the ones from the SF Horde one) do nothing but engage in a circle jerk kinda takes away from from the whole "valuable poster" thing.

To be fair Blizzard decided that this was one of a few rewards given to a select few players that were helping do the program within the guilds that applied. They are "said" Valuable posters for the guilds themselves so they gain the benefit of green text.

I see you posting on the general forums and other things alot Awkward but if you wanted green text you would need to take the time to do somthing helpfull on the forums rather than just troll the occasional thread.
Reply Quote
86 Troll Druid

Lord Dolan does us proud
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warlock
09/13/2012 08:52 AMPosted by Valdinqt
To be fair Blizzard decided that this was one of a few rewards given to a select few players that were helping do the program within the guilds that applied. They are "said" Valuable posters for the guilds themselves so they gain the benefit of green text.

It just seems to me that it's a contradiction to award MVP on the forums to people who are helpful ingame but tend to act like total tools on the forums. A special ingame title would have been far more appropriate IMHO.

I see you posting on the general forums and other things alot Awkward but if you wanted green text you would need to take the time to do somthing helpfull on the forums rather than just troll the occasional thread.

As I've said multiple times, I don't shoot for MVP, nor do I want it. But hey, I'm quite helpful ingame if someone asks me about Warlocks or Blood DK's, so that makes me MVP material, right?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
09/13/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Awkward
As I've said multiple times, I don't shoot for MVP, nor do I want it. But hey, I'm quite helpful ingame if someone asks me about Warlocks or Blood DK's, so that makes me MVP material, right?

It's got to be the right information though..............

Furthermore on that point Carried is a Lord of Saurfang, thus Mvp suits him, mean while you awkward, well what is there to say about you........ not..... to.....much
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Posted by Awkward

It just seems to me that it's a contradiction to award MVP on the forums to people who are helpful ingame but tend to act like total tools on the forums. A special ingame title would have been far more appropriate IMHO.

It is a bit of a trial program, and not even Blizzard is sure of it's current setup, and could evolve in a totally different way from it's current form. The truth of the matter is that the target audience is not the type that visit these forums on a regular basis, and this is made even more the case being so late in the xpac. Green text on the forums is at the end of the day... green text on the forums. It really is no big deal. But the members that have it are actually quite helpful, and most of the program is being ran in game. I see very little reason to have issue with what people post on the forums in relation to the program, as it is definitely not targeted towards people that are relatively experienced with the game (the ones most likely to have issue with that green text!). Yes your example would qualify MVP material if the guild was in sync with that attitude, and wanted it. Doesn't take hardcore raiders to be in the program at all, like so many think it should.
Edited by Câst on 9/13/2012 10:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
09/13/2012 08:24 PMPosted by Awkward

You are clearly jealous that you have not been invited to the super friends cart club.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Potential for new bikkie boi
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This thread needs some love and puppies and rainbows

*Gives thread love puppie and rainbow* :-)
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Pandaren Priest
This thread needs some love and puppies and rainbows

*Gives thread love puppie and rainbow* :-)

http://network.bestfriends.org/data/blogs/1637590512061658.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/14/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Tyranea
http://network.bestfriends.org/data/blogs/1637590512061658.jpg

I saw the puppies, there could have been love there im not sure but there was no rainbows :o

i still liked it =P
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Pandaren Priest
http://www.londontshirtfactory.co.uk/close_ups/0222_T01_XNA_WHT_D03_XNA.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/15/2012 04:06 AMPosted by Tyranea
http://www.londontshirtfactory.co.uk/close_ups/0222_T01_XNA_WHT_D03_XNA.jpg

(>*.*)> Awwuh Tyranea you so good to me <(*.*<) <3<3<3<3
Reply Quote
86 Gnome Death Knight
smooches
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]