Feral PVP Macro question

85 Troll Druid
When you need to cast a spell to run off and heal yourself do you have a macro set to hit one button to get out of feral and start healing and then a macro to get you back into cat form without actually click the buttom to go back to cat form?
Reply Quote
64 Night Elf Druid
Use bartender 4. Its a great bars add-on for druids. You can just put your healing keys on a bar that doesnt change when in different forms. mine are hotkeys 3-6. Then my cat shapeshift is on my side mouse button key with a macro to click once cat form, and if in cat form already puts me in stealth. Works great. But when you start a healing spell you automatically get taken out of feral.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If I understand you correctly, you want a button that, in one click:
1) Takes you out of Cat form
2) Casts a heal
3) Brings you back to Cat form

You cannot have two abilities that are on the GCD in the same macro. (1) is not on the GCD, but (2) and (3) are, so you cannot do both in the same macro.

And as Arbassa said, casting a heal will automatically take you out of Cat form, so you don't need a macro for that.
Reply Quote
#showtooltip
/cancelform
/cast Healing Touch

You can do this with any heal spell obviously, i just use HT because it doubles as a fast cancelform, for scare beast and hibernate, etc. If you're moving it still shifts you out, and you can hot yourself up while running around a corner.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
right but then do you actually click to get back into cat form or do you have a macro to it?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Completely untested but you might be able to do the following:

#showtooltip
/cast [form:3] Healing Touch; Cat Form

If you have it on a bar that switches with forms you'll need to stick it in the same spot. Basically if you are in cat form it'll cast healing touch, otherwise it'll put you back in. So starting from cat form first press will cast healing touch, and second press will put you back into cat form.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
It's a cast sequence and works great, hit the button twice. Takes you out of form to cast Rejuv then shifts back to cat form. You could do the same with Healing Touch, but you have to stand still.

#showtooltip
#show

/castsequence [target=player] Rejuvenation, Cat Form
Reply Quote
One thing to note is that if you're in the gcd from another ability, trying to invoke a healing ability will not take you out of form unless you explicitly use /cancelform before it.

I kept getting caught in scare beast because of that. I'd press the button for rejuv to cancel my form and wouldn't leave cat form.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
07/06/2012 01:29 PMPosted by Recklessroar
When you need to cast a spell to run off and heal yourself do you have a macro set to hit one button to get out of feral and start healing and then a macro to get you back into cat form without actually click the buttom to go back to cat form?

I have all of my heals bound to individual buttons on my G600. The bottom row from back to front is NS, HT, Rejuv, Health Stone. I have Shift modifier for my Health Stone button to activate Tranquility.

When I need to heal with something non-instant I just use the ability. Popping a heal will automatically cancel your form so I don’t see a need to have any cancelform commands in your macros for that. After I’ve got my heals off I typically hit my Cat Form / Prowl macro to put me back in Cat if that’s the form that is needed. There are GCDs to deal with so having the abilities on separate binds makes perfect sense.

There are some abilities that work really well bound together in a macro (i.e. Tiger’s Fury + Berserk), but being able to use them individually as well should remain an option. What if you need to pop out, heal and go Bear for the root charge? Or Travel? Etc..

I guess if you have room in your brain and input devices for very specific macros, by all means! Personally, I’m at upwards of 50 binds at the moment and I’m always looking for ways to consolidate without hindering performance.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]