Farming Heavy Junkboxes for Insane Title

If you are going after "The Insane" title, you will need 1,400 Heavy Junkboxes, only farmable by a Rogue. If you are working on it and need help I can farm all the boxes needed for you in advance.

I have done this for a friend before and was paid 8.50 per box, which made for some pretty good gold. Very time consuming considering you do not get a box off of every pick.

Get at me in-game for more info/pricing.
Edited by Mellemon on 7/8/2012 4:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
You should consider 30g a box, for a couple of reasons.
1. People going for this easy title, have to spend some gold, so not as easy as it could be, by not making it 8g 50s a box, I like run-on sentences, they are fun.
2. People actually pay this much.
3. Should make the most out of all that time you spend farming.
4. Where were you when I WAS DOIN THIS GARAHTHGH
Edited by Dbgette on 7/9/2012 3:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I honestly didn't think anyone would pay that much but you have a good point. The last time I did this was 2 years ago on a bad server full of poor bastards. And with the amount of work put into it yes, 42k is well deserved imo.

Charging 30g per Junkbox, If you are Alliance I'm sure we can work something out through neutral AH.

EDIT: I just found out that you cannot place lootable objects in the neutral AH. Therefore if you are Alliance and can't find anyone else to farm for you, I will consider lowering the price per box if you faction change over to me for easy transaction.
Edited by Melloid on 7/9/2012 6:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
8.5g to 30 is quite a massive jump. I am relatively new to the server, so my opinions may be slightly biased, but that seems like just gouging people.
If you are the only person doing it, then the price is yours to set. But in my experience a post like this awakens old rogue alts out of retirement and spurs some pretty good competition.

Best of luck to ya
Reply Quote
I agree it is a massive jump, but considering how painful this process is I can't see anyone complaining. Just spent 2 hours of picking fools pockets and came out with only 70 boxes.

At this rate it looks like I'll be doing this for another 40 hours. 42k seems reasonable for 40 hours worth of work, doesn't it? :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
70 boxes in 2 hours? A 10 min run in lbrs will get you 20 and by the time you get to the start again all their pockets reset. should be hitting about 70-80 an hour.
I'm not disputing its rough work, just seems steep.
And there is more than enough gold floating around, might as well send some to a hard working rogue. :)
Reply Quote
70 boxes in 2 hours? A 10 min run in lbrs will get you 20 and by the time you get to the start again all their pockets reset. should be hitting about 70-80 an hour.
I'm not disputing its rough work, just seems steep.

What I did was clear to the end, take a 10 minute break to wait to pick mobs again, then I would clear back to the beginning, reset, and repeat. Took maybe 2 trips down and back? Didn't have much luck with boxes though, maybe I'll go back and try Tyr's Hand in EPL, always had good luck there.

If I wasn't taking my time and being lazy I probably could have accomplished more, but I am currently in Florida for vacation on a laptop so I will save my "going hard" picking for the desktop back home :D

07/09/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Aiso
And there is more than enough gold floating around, might as well send some to a hard working rogue. :)

Thank you I'm glad someone feels the same way I do!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
D'oh, I wish I had an alliance rogue advertising :)

If any alliance rogues are reading this, I'll buy them for 30g each. Just send them CoD. :)
Edited by Screwdie on 7/10/2012 9:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yea unfortunately the hard working Rogues are on Horde side ;)

Well sir if you ever decide to come to the dark side, I'll have stacks on stacks waiting =D
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
nuetral ah
Reply Quote
Negative, cannot place lootable objects in the neutral AH /wrist...

I've just been dumping them off to my bank toon for now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/09/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Mellemon
Didn't have much luck with boxes though, maybe I'll go back and try Tyr's Hand in EPL, always had good luck there

Mellemon, I am pretty sure only boxes that drop in Tyr's Hand now are . [item="/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffffffff\124Hitem:16884:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Sturdy Junkbox]\124h\124r");" /] I was under the same impression and farmed for 1 hour there and got like 25 Sturdy ones. I need to level my rogue about 14 levels to farm Lbrs etc and yes I am insane doing this for my main >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]