Mounts that drop in raids/dungeons

100 Dwarf Hunter
I know i said this in the past but I am gonna say it again. These mounts need to go to all players who helped down the boss and were lucky enough to see the mount drop. I mean most of these mounts have such low % drop rates that you can run it for weeks and weeks and not see it. But when the one instance that it indeed does drop....why should only 1 person get the "gem" and the others who did their fair share be put down. It simply isn't fair. All dungeon/raid players did their part to down the specific boss (whether it be Heroic version, meeting form of criteria, etc) that everyone should be equally rewarded with the mount IF it drops to begin with. And before you say "rare is rare" the mounts are so low to drop anyways its rare enough to see them drop in the first place, hence they still retain their value. Just the concept of having a 10/25 raid and the blazing drake drops or something and only 1 person out of that whole entire group gets it is asinine and belittling. All those players achieved a common goal at the end and deserve a copy of that mount if and when it does finally drop! Keep it fair and keep it happy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Back in the day people would have been happy they got to see it drop at all and even happier one of their friends got it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its a rare drop for a reason
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
07/08/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Janimara
Back in the day people would have been happy they got to see it drop at all and even happier one of their friends got it.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Reply Quote
14 Gnome Priest
Do you cry when you lose rolls on gear and weapons too?

Going in you KNOW everything is a random drop and only ONE person will win the roll. Id rather see my weapons drop instead of the mount. But IDC much about mounts. :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
If Blizzard did that, the drop rate would wind up being lowered even more, simply because five to twenty-five can get it at a time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
How about no(especially considering most mounts are becoming BoA), as someone else mention sometimes you win some and sometime you dont. If you really want it just save a ton of gold and buy it in BMAH.
Edited by Zerde on 7/8/2012 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Hey if its lowered thats fine. But if your still lucky to get it to drop then each member who made the moment possible DESERVE to be justly rewarded equally...not only a single person.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Yes and when the farming for months and months and it drops, yet 1 person only gets it....are you REALLY gonna keep going for it again and again. Cause after a while some folks get bored......new people come in...people who left had the mount which means older people from the group have an even lower chance.....yeah completely unfair in my book. No matter how you put it, any conjecture, any view point, and any story among story its the gonna end the same way, if the rare mount drops then each player absolutely is entitled to the mount and not only 1 special lucky snowflake!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
07/08/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Flaya
Yes and when the farming for months and months and it drops, yet 1 person only gets it....are you REALLY gonna keep going for it again and again. Cause after a while some folks get bored......new people come in...people who left had the mount which means older people from the group have an even lower chance.....yeah completely unfair in my book. No matter how you put it, any conjecture, any view point, and any story among story its the gonna end the same way, if the rare mount drops then each player absolutely is entitled to the mount and not only 1 special lucky snowflake!

Of course i'll continue to farm it. What sort of question is that?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/08/2012 09:50 AMPosted by Shadelee
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. That mystery is what keeps us playing and having fun.
The game is about playing the game; mystery solved!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/08/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Æria

But that's how loot works in the game for everything, and has worked, since the start of the game. It's just RNG. Pray to the loot gods some more.
Silly mortal! You're supposed to sacrifice a gnome by punting him into the fiery depths of Blackrock Mountain!!! The RNG & Loot gods look favorably upon such a sacrifice and will grant you untold rare drops!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Fair for all or none for all. Either all members are rewarded equally or no members get rewarded at all!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

Real talk, but none of the people in a pug I consider a friend. =/ just saying. Specially if it's that one DPS who doesn't even have epic flying, and the Disc priest is doing more damage than him, yet this chap roll, usually wins then splits.

Guild run though, I wouldn't care at all if I lost roll.
Reply Quote
/em Anii flies around the OP on her blazing drake

I still kill Midnight, because I want the mount
I still occasionally go smack Baron Rivenomgnohorseagain, because I want the mount
I help guildies get the OS10+3D drake, and / or try to get the OS25+3D drake
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]