Mounts that drop in raids/dungeons

90 Human Priest
But don't people like the OP want to be special and the best as well? This argument is entirely pointless as both sides can just turn it on the other that easily.

I'm indifferent and i have MANY rare/unobtainable items. More people should be like me.Uncaring.

See but that's the point. Sadly not all people can do that. Thus we have arguments and endless whining. Everyone has their own opinion. So it is to be human. =P

I suppose.Opinions are great and totally fine but half of this thread is people spurting horrible language at one another over the pixels.Makes me lose faith in our species :L.
Edited by Janimara on 7/8/2012 11:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

But don't people like the OP want to be special and the best as well? This argument is entirely pointless as both sides can just turn it on the other that easily.

I'm indifferent and i have MANY rare/unobtainable items. More people should be like me.Uncaring.

The thing is, when you think about it, mounts are just vanity frills you sometimes get. They don't really have much impact on the game play at all. If one happens to drop and you win the roll, it's not going to affect how skilled of a player you are at all. I am far more jealous of people who have the skill to get somewhere in the game, rather than someone who had the luck to win a pretty mount that has a rare drop. So does it really matter if everyone gets it equally? It's just a pretty looking mount.

Of course it doesn't matter.I could care less if everyone in the game was mailed an Invincible tomorrow.I love the mount.. Could care less how rare/unique it is.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
07/08/2012 10:24 AMPosted by Flaya
eople also need to realise the emotional impact that this keeps creating.

This is a game of chance. This thread had actually disgusted me.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

See but that's the point. Sadly not all people can do that. Thus we have arguments and endless whining. Everyone has their own opinion. So it is to be human. =P

I suppose.Opinions are great and totally fine but half of this thread is people spurting horrible language at one another over the pixels.Makes me lose faith in our species :L.

Yeah it's confusing why people can't have a normal conversation civil about this subject. But no some have to call the OP a troll or say mean things about him, and then there are some that say mean things to those people in retaliation. That is pretty disheartening. oh well
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Some people are hardcore collectors. Because of how mount winning works now it becomes incredibly unfair. Also what if its a mount you absolutely adore and your not a collector : the same applies. Having to farm for weeks, end up losing to dead weight player or something, and have to farm even longer. Simply just lower the mount % drop some and enable everyone to get if your lucky to see it drop with your fellow players and everyones happy.
Reply Quote
87 Draenei Hunter
A- "Who are you?"
B- "No one of consequence."
A- "Please, I must know."
B- "Get used to disappointment."

This pretty much sums up your chances while rolling for mounts....or farming for them.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
07/08/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Sashist
So you think that's how somethings work right? Just because things are this way now doesn't necessarily mean they'll stay this way. Just look at the new loot rules coming mists. Soon you wont even see who rolls what against you, you'll only know if you won or not. Just because things are the way they are now does not mean it will be forever like this.

That is LFR loot. Mounts don't drop in LFR. No New Dungeon in Mist drop a mount either so far. If a Mount EVER drops in a LFR, then MAYBE you will be able to roll on it. But that won't happen either cause of the amount of people who run LFR will have the mount.

the Raid mounts are rare for a reason. Think if this loot system was in place in ICC where a mount drops and everyone wins it, everyone and there damn brother would have Invincible's Reins cause of the drop rate, and then the mount won't be rare anymore. And when that happens the hard core raiders will !@#$% and complain cause now all the casuals have the Mounts that are supposed to be rare and only the best of the best can have.

the OP is stupid to think that blizzard will EVER do this. The Raiding Playerbase is a lot more than the casual player base. If they changed the loot rules on Raid mounts, it will cause a bigger uproar than what is trying to be done here.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Who says im casual. I dont raid as often atm but i was still a great raider during the main part of DS. This is why i stated before to lower the mount drop % and then reward to everyone if it drops that way it still retains its difficulty and rarity to drop but at the same time when that moment comes that all are lucky to see it did drop, everyone will recieve it and be happy. This way theres no influx of mounts still but fair reward is instilled into the group so no problems arrise. Why most of you folks dont understand this i will not know :/
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Mounts are rare drops for a reason; you continue to do the content until you obtain the desired mount.

If you can't be bothered to put the time and effort into trying for it each week, then you don't deserve the mount "just 'cause you were there."
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
07/08/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Margerdria
So you think that's how somethings work right? Just because things are this way now doesn't necessarily mean they'll stay this way. Just look at the new loot rules coming mists. Soon you wont even see who rolls what against you, you'll only know if you won or not. Just because things are the way they are now does not mean it will be forever like this.

That is LFR loot. Mounts don't drop in LFR. No New Dungeon in Mist drop a mount either so far. If a Mount EVER drops in a LFR, then MAYBE you will be able to roll on it. But that won't happen either cause of the amount of people who run LFR will have the mount.

the Raid mounts are rare for a reason. Think if this loot system was in place in ICC where a mount drops and everyone wins it, everyone and there damn brother would have Invincible's Reins cause of the drop rate, and then the mount won't be rare anymore. And when that happens the hard core raiders will !@#$% and complain cause now all the casuals have the Mounts that are supposed to be rare and only the best of the best can have.

the OP is stupid to think that blizzard will EVER do this. The Raiding Playerbase is a lot more than the casual player base. If they changed the loot rules on Raid mounts, it will cause a bigger uproar than what is trying to be done here.

A. I said 2 mounts in 10mans and 3 in 25mans. OP is stretching it a bit with everyone but that's fine dreaming big is encouraged.
B. I don't know about some other realms but my realm barely even sees a heroic 25man LK kill. But I suppose if you did X-realms it would work a bit better. Either way just by calling someone stupid for having an opinion on something means that you're not very tolerant. =P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Whether the OP is right or wrong, he puts up a good argument. Also, he has a cool transmog.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Just because you are a hardcore collector, doesn't mean blizzard should bow down to your suggestion. I am a hardcore collector too but i am not up in arms cause i never got the Ashes of Alar in BC all the way up to now, That i have't gotten my Blazing Drake from DS yet or any other Raid mount i haven't gotten. Thats what makes then rare.

Run the raid every week, and put forth the effort. THATS what makes it rewarding the drop rate is already 1% or so. Making it lower is just stupid, and you are stupid for suggesting such a outrageous suggestion. and i have seen some outrageous suggestions in these forums.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Just because you are a hardcore collector, doesn't mean blizzard should bow down to your suggestion. I am a hardcore collector too but i am not up in arms cause i never got the Ashes of Alar in BC all the way up to now, That i have't gotten my Blazing Drake from DS yet or any other Raid mount i haven't gotten. That's what makes then rare.

Run the raid every week, and put forth the effort. THAT'S what makes it rewarding the drop rate is already 1% or so. Making it lower is just stupid, and you are stupid for suggesting such a outrageous suggestion. and i have seen some outrageous suggestions in these forums.

Not saying blizz needs to bow down to the suggestion. it's just that a SUGGESTION. Instead of shooting it down because you think it's "stupid" you should come up with something constructive. I'll tell you what's stupid... these mounts that people grind for and never see them in the 7 or so years they've been playing. I mean NEVER seeing them, not on alts or in pugs. BTW not many mounts are 1% that would be incredibly awesome if they were.
Edited by Sashist on 7/8/2012 11:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Just because you are a hardcore collector, doesn't mean blizzard should bow down to your suggestion. I am a hardcore collector too but i am not up in arms cause i never got the Ashes of Alar in BC all the way up to now, That i have't gotten my Blazing Drake from DS yet or any other Raid mount i haven't gotten. That's what makes then rare.

Run the raid every week, and put forth the effort. THAT'S what makes it rewarding the drop rate is already 1% or so. Making it lower is just stupid, and you are stupid for suggesting such a outrageous suggestion. and i have seen some outrageous suggestions in these forums.

Not saying blizz needs to bow down to the suggestion. it's just that a SUGGESTION. Instead of shooting it down because you think it's "stupid" you should come up with something constructive. I'll tell you what's stupid... these mounts that people grind for and never see them in the 7 or so years they've been playing. I mean NEVER seeing them, not on alts or in pugs. BTW not many mounts are 1% that would be incredibly awesome if they were.

Most mounts are a 1% drop rate. And everyone has an EQUAL chance at seeing it drop and a EQUAL chance at winning it. And there has been constructive talks about it. You just don't see it cause you WANT this to happen. It has been said MANY MANY times. They are RARE mounts, Not seeing them drop but maybe ONCE in game makes then RARE. THATS why the drop rate is low and only one person can win it.

Now before you comment again, Re-read the whole thread and see all the tings people say Yes some are saying they are stupid. and yues i did too but i explains why it is stupid. You just want it to happen so you don't READ every thread post.
Reply Quote
29 Human Mage
07/08/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Flaya
I know i said this in the past but I am gonna say it again. These mounts need to go to all players who helped down the boss

That's called an achievement reward. It gets mailed to you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
07/08/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Janimara
Back in the day people would have been happy they got to see it drop at all and even happier one of their friends got it.

more likely:

back in the day people would have been happy they got to see it drop at all, then gquit because the master looter awarded it to his friend/girl friend/someone who wasn't at the top of the DKP list.

drama is timeless ;)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
*Strolls in on his Midnight*
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
07/08/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Sashist
you should come up with something constructive

The system is fine as is, therefore, no new ideas are necessary. Go do a meta achievement and get your mount mailed to you if you want a group-effort-reward mount. They shouldn't all be like that. It's called variety. Raids and dungeons are not mount distribution systems. Rare mount drops are something they put in to spice it up a little. This thread wreaks of selfish. Be happy with what you have, strive to get more, realize that that's life, not everything is going to fit your definition of "fair" and move on.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Sorry but no. I will not move on and i will not let this go. And until i see someone type something in full blue print i won't be listening otherwise. In any game there must be absolute balance otherwise the game is not as fun as it can be. You can end up saying that a football won the super bowl but only 1 person gets a ring. The same can be said here. Anyways, unless a see blue print from someone, aka a forum moderator or GM or something, i will not let this rest!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]