The Shard/Infusion Challange!

90 Undead Priest
Well... maybe... if Decix and Infusion Agrees.

So Garrakwild was talking to me about hosting an event in which the winner gets a prize of some sort (maybe a 8/8H clear + Lifebinders and any un-needed gear they can use (because lets face it, Cunning and Gurth never drop for us)).

The challenge would be set @ some point in the future (with the exact details to be provided once Infusion responds). I'm thinking a Gurubashi/DMF Arena deathmatch. Winner gets the run and if Infusion agrees, they'll provide if an Alliance player wins and we provide if a Horde player wins).

If Infusion doesn't want to participate, then we'll provide for Horde and Alliance (if the alliance player wants to transfer).

So what do you think Decix and Infusion? Want to pony up a Lifebinders and some random 410's?

What do you think community? Think it would be fun?

I remember reading about this a while back... and I found the video of such an event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2bQG8SIxqU
Edited by Poena on 7/15/2012 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
My name is Spork Man and i approve this message.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Poe, you had me at pony.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I think it's a great idea! Fighting a bunch of nobodies for the chance to do a raid with a bunch of nobodies!

We all play WoW... Unless we're [whatever guild is top guild these days] and sponsored to play WoW... well we'd still be nobodies. It's not about Shard or Infusion, we are just the vehicle to a fun community event. What this is actually about is what I hope will be the feel of an old skool SERVER ONLY rivalry. I used to actually know the names of alliance players on my server because I fought it out with them in TM and the week long AV's.

if we get 50 people in the arena... that would be amazing. 100? 200? It would be one epic moment for AN. So why not?
07/16/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Imanorc
In other news: Grow up.

Ahh, that's why not... you're childish and self centered.
Edited by Poena on 7/16/2012 7:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
07/15/2012 11:13 PMPosted by Glacios
Poe, you had me at pony.

Hrrm. Need to reorder my statements then... god, you had to read 5 paragraphs to get to the good parts!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
As it stands now, I'll probably have to decline on behalf of our guild. We'd gladly do it maybe the second week before MoP but as it stands now we're more worried about getting our core build around each other+ Testing initiates+ Turning off the buff+ some long time raiders still need the mount. Guild>Server for the time being. We do love the idea though.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
Gear up ALL the baddies, am i right Decix?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Ahh cmon! Let's do this sooner than that. Guaranteed everyone will enjoy themselves. Something like this would improve team cohesiveness just the same.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/16/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Thatius
Ahh cmon! Let's do this sooner than that. Guaranteed everyone will enjoy themselves. Something like this would improve team cohesiveness just the same.

I have two buyers for HDW mounts already, so we already have 2 on hold. And as far as building our core, I really don't want to right now. We have quite a few recruits we're trying to test for MoP to see if they work with us.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Ok we understand. So...testing out new recruits...gotcha. Could it be...!? Nvm nvm
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/16/2012 03:34 PMPosted by Thatius
So...testing out new recruits...gotcha. Could it be...!? Nvm nvm

Not sure where you're trying to take that.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Just keep an open mind imo, I've never been apart of an active server so ya I'm a bit disappointed atm. But in the future you guys may be down and that's cool
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/16/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Thatius
Just keep an open mind imo, I've never been apart of an active server so ya I'm a bit disappointed atm. But in the future you guys may be down and that's cool

I said we'd be up for it later, we just have business already planned and I'd rather reward our raiders than a random.
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
*shrugs* sorry Shard, I guess they are scared.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Just...out of curiosity scared of what now? There was no proposed challenge between infusion and shard. I'd know, ask Poena. The word pony was after all in the 5th paragraph.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
07/16/2012 04:32 PMPosted by Dedlyhunter
*shrugs* sorry Shard, I guess they are scared.

I'm sorry, but I fail to see our immediate agreement to giving a mount away means we're scared?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I have two buyers for HDW mounts already, so we already have 2 on hold. And as far as building our core, I really don't want to right now. We have quite a few recruits we're trying to test for MoP to see if they work with us.

So I take this is a no to anything that will allow Infusion to participate in anything for the server? E.G. if not mounts, then 8/8H + non-rare gear. Honestly @ 30%, even with a couple of new recruits, you can pretty much cruise control through everything. So what say you?

Maybe we can make this a 2-part event. Part 1 is 8/8H + some gear. Part 2 is the mount once you've gotten all the mounts you need (how many people do you have?!?! you were doing this a ~month before us... you should be almost done?)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
07/16/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Poena
Maybe we can make this a 2-part event. Part 1 is 8/8H + some gear. Part 2 is the mount once you've gotten all the mounts you need (how many people do you have?!?! you were doing this a ~month before us... you should be almost done?)

People come and go, new promotions, vacations happen. Hell irc after we killed DW our next kill was I believe 3 weeks after due to vacations, getting people meta drakes etc...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]