The WoW Factor Show coming July 28th!

90 Orc Death Knight
EDIT: The location of the event has been determined. It will be held in Silvermoon City at the Sunfury Spire (Lor’themar’s Room) at 7PM Server!.

Guess what guys?

The WoW Factor transmog contest is officially coming to Cho'gall! Set the date for July 28th, from 7-9pm server time.

The location is still to be determined, so check back for that.

Thanks to our sponsors (listed at the bottom) we've so far amassed over 125k gold and tons of prizes for the judges to give out to the best of the best transmog sets!

The event is streamed here at twitch.tv/elvinemod.

ePg might also stream their own version with our silly rambling commentary. Who knows? We'll get back to that later. You can still check us out at: www.epeengaming.com or see what we're streaming at the moment at twitch.tv/epeengaming.

If you aren't familiar with the WoW Factor, please visit www.wowroleplaygear.com/the-wow-factor/ for all the information!

The winners are determined by these rules, taken directly from the WoW Factor website:

Participant Rules

If you’d like to take part in an event, all you have to do is show up at the designated time and location as listed in our Events articles
– there’s no registration required. There are however a few guidelines worth taking note of:

• The majority of your outfit should be transmogrified.
• An outfit should have no missing armor pieces (but you are not required to show helm or cloak, or wear a shirt and tabard).
• Participants may switch character between rounds, but not during. We may wish to return to award gold to a character at any time.
• Characters from multiple accounts are accepted.
• As you can change character between rounds, you may also change outfit, but do so at your own risk (we might prefer your first!).
• We don’t award prizes to outfits with a mix of armor types.

But who are the judges?

There are 4 total judges for every show. The first two judges are wowroleplaygear.com co-founders Noelani and Ironyca. The third judge is WoW millionaire, streamer, and transmog aficionado Elvine (twitch.tv/elvinemod). The fourth judge is a mystery guest judge, to be announced just prior to the show! For all of their relevant contact and bio information please visit the wow roleplay website.

What do they look for in a transmog set?

Judging Criteria

When judging transmogrification events, we take a number of factors in to consideration. Fulfilling one or more of the criteria does not automatically make a character a winner, but these are the areas we focus on when discussing outfits:

• Uniqueness – Players who have used their creativity to create an outfit we’ve not seen before will really stand out.
• Colour-coordination – Items which blend together in a colour theme.
• Accessorising – Matching cloaks/weapons/pets with armor sets. Particularly valuable with armor sets that are intended to go together (‘Recipes’).
• Theme – Outfits relating to a certain location/faction, for example, a frozen Northrend set.
• Personality – An outfit which embodies a character as a personality, for example, an engineer.
• Completeness – Outfits which appear to be at their final stage with no more work to be done.
The player has completed their intended set.
• Effort/Rarity

Lastly, thanks to all of our sponsors:

ePeen Gaming:
Vain
Bompabompbum
Ulairi
Iandis
Anneris

And to all our wonderful realm members who donates and helped us out!

Aneese
Sammarah
Killgodsheep (Bringing this to the realm's attention. Wouldn't be happening without him)
Løcø
Daisey
Halloween
Opals

Both Aneese and Samarrah have been a huge help to me, I thank them both a million times over. Please, next time you see them, give them a /hug for me
Edited by Vain on 7/27/2012 3:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Also, the event will be streamed live by WoW Factor judge, Elvine, at twitch.tv/elvinemod

The stream will be from his characters perspective as they critique participants transmogs, and ultimately hand out lots of gold and prizes!

ePeen gaming will also be streaming the event, and a member from EPG can let you all know the details of their stream.

I really hope to see a lot of people out at the event, and can't wait to see everyones transmog sets!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Oh, also... it's possible the event will not be in Orgrimmar. They may decide to hold it in Silvermoon. If it does take place in Silvermoon, I will be offering free portals from Orgrimmar for 45 minutes prior to the event. The last portal will be summoned at 5 minutes prior to start time.

All you need to do is whisper me to invite you to my group, and I'll have a summon for you in the Cow District near the inkeeper.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Cow town is best town
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
Should be hosted in one of the Neutral cities or Sanctuaries, like Shatt/Dal.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
07/11/2012 11:48 AMPosted by Ghoulkomati

There are a few things they look for in finding a good place to host the event:

1. Large area
2. Good lighting
3. Inaccessible to flying mounts

Neither Dal or Shat can provide all 3.

Horde has few options, which is why they may try an area in Silvermoon for this one. We should find out soon.

It'd be pretty difficult to do it across both factions because the prizes are traded to the player. So if you'd win gold, they'd have to get the gold Alliance side, and you'd take a cut from the neutral AH, OR if you win a prize, they'd have to xfer the prize over.

Edit: The reason they don't allow flying mounts is because, inevitably, there will be people trying to troll the event and ruin the fun for everyone. One person on a large dragon can severely disrupt the event.
Edited by Aneese on 7/11/2012 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Unfortunately, 2 of our judges are from EU and will be on trial accounts which cannot go Dalaran or Shattrath.

-Elvine
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
What about Thunder Bluff? It's always sunny there so everything will look awful purdy :D
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
07/11/2012 01:16 PMPosted by Samarrah
What about Thunder Bluff? It's always sunny there so everything will look awful purdy :D

We need to find a place where people can't try to troll us by blocking everything with flying mounts.
Reply Quote
Edit: The reason they don't allow flying mounts is because, inevitably, there will be people trying to troll the event and ruin the fun for everyone. One person on a large dragon can severely disrupt the event.

This can easily be done on a Mammoth mount. Back when Sunwell was the current raiding content. People would always block the vendors hoping players of the opposite faction would auto attack them and get smashed by the guards.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
07/11/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Aneese

It'd be pretty difficult to do it across both factions because the prizes are traded to the player. So if you'd win gold, they'd have to get the gold Alliance side, and you'd take a cut from the neutral AH, OR if you win a prize, they'd have to xfer the prize over.

No offense to the alliance (including martouff <3), but Horde sponsored the event. They can come for compliments but the rewards are for the community of the horde. Reason being, we don't want to make elvine's and the other judges jobs that much more harder.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

No offense to the alliance (including martouff <3), but Horde sponsored the event. They can come for compliments but the rewards are for the community of the horde. Reason being, we don't want to make elvine's and the other judges jobs that much more harder.

I actually thought about donating for the event but I figured it would only be for horde side, so i said !@#$ it, Even if I have a couple characters over there I couldn't bring myself to do it. If my pally was on horde it would be different. >.>
Edited by Sycoz on 7/11/2012 9:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
This can easily be done on a Mammoth mount. Back when Sunwell was the current raiding content. People would always block the vendors hoping players of the opposite faction would auto attack them and get smashed by the guards.

Yes, which is why we are looking for an area where no mounts are allowed.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
07/11/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Bompabompbum

Yes, which is why we are looking for an area where no mounts are allowed.

What about the cave part in blackrock mountain right before brd, where you do the quest to kill the fire elemental that's patting. That place has never been a place where I could mount up, I'll try and come up with more, but in well lit places.

It's going to be up to Noelani, Ironyca, and Elvine. I'm sure they'll want to stay relatively close to, if not inside, a Horde city. We don't want to be anywhere where we'll be flagged for PvP either, don't forget. Also, the only reason they are discussing leaving Garrosh's throne room is because of the dim lighting.

I'm sure they'll think of a good place.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I say we take over SW for the day
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
16 days to finish your mogs!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
>Insert witty bump comment here
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]