The WoW Factor Show coming July 28th!

85 Goblin Mage
I think the judges did a fantastic job. They may have missed a person or two, but that room was packed!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
There were so many great mogs. We had SUCH a great showing. Thanks to all who helped make it happen. And yeah, I feel honored that they liked my set so much. I felt pumped until the show started and then my confidence left me. It was quite a surprise.

Did killgodsheep make it to the show?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/28/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Bompabompbum
Good try Alliance to raid the event lol. You failed hard, on stream. :P

Meh, we went into it knowing it would probably be a suicide run. I think we brought 9 or so, and had some pretty epic fights on the bridge outside. =P

Don't think I've ever seen so many Horde in a single building...
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Meh, we went into it knowing it would probably be a suicide run. I think we brought 9 or so, and had some pretty epic fights on the bridge outside. =P

Thanks for coming! It was nice to see familiar faces :-)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

I swear you were going specifically for me. But because of your little play right there, I might level an Alli for the heck of it, looked like you guys had a lot of fun
Edited by Vain on 7/28/2012 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage

I swear you were going specifically for me. But because of your little play right there, I might level an Alli for the heck of it, looked like you guys had a lot of fun

Roll a Druid and join <The Zoo>. Such an awesome guild with awesome people.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
07/28/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Kimjungskill
Exodus is now officially the best looking guild on Cho'gall

truth
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nice concept, poorly executed. Lots of people got stranded waiting for a chance at the prizes without any luck while people who had won prizes in round 1 got picked up again for 2 and 3. A better system to check people off the list might improve this contest tenfold.

All in all a fun and commendable event. Grats to all the big winners. Hope to see all the kinks worked out in events such as this in the future.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
07/28/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Shahrukh
Nice concept, poorly executed. Lots of people got stranded waiting for a chance at the prizes without any luck while people who had won prizes in round 1 got picked up again for 2 and 3. A better system to check people off the list might improve this contest tenfold.

Do people not understand what preliminary means? You don't see 1-15 teams in football going to the superbowl, do you?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
Shahk, they're always looking for the best mogs. They only keep the floor open for everyone in the later rounds in case people come late or they find one that they like that they accidentally missed.

Normal competitions aren't just "find the best and cross them off". The way they structure it is to find the best, and narrow it down to the best of the best. It's not an "everyone wins" competition.

With that many people there, unfortunately they will probably miss one or two people, but overall, they did a fantastic job.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
07/28/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Bompabompbum
Good try Alliance to raid the event lol. You failed hard, on stream. :P

I just wanted to show everybody my moose hat!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
07/28/2012 09:17 PMPosted by Vain

Do people not understand what preliminary means? You don't see 1-15 teams in football going to the superbowl, do you?

I do understand what 'preliminary' means. I'm not entirely sure what your analogy has to do with what i've said though.

Shahk, they're always looking for the best mogs. They only keep the floor open for everyone in the later rounds in case people come late or they find one that they like that they accidentally missed.

Normal competitions aren't just "find the best and cross them off". The way they structure it is to find the best, and narrow it down to the best of the best. It's not an "everyone wins" competition.

With that many people there, unfortunately they will probably miss one or two people, but overall, they did a fantastic job.

I understand where you are coming from Aneese and I also understand that during big events like these sometimes some people get skipped over. But, out of 11 people from my guild that attended only 1 even got looked at. Still, I am not QQing, i'm merely suggesting that for future events if the screening was slightly better everyone would benefit.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
07/28/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Shahrukh
I understand where you are coming from Aneese and I also understand that during big events like these sometimes some people get skipped over. But, out of 11 people from my guild that attended only 1 even got looked at. Still, I am not QQing, i'm merely suggesting that for future events if the screening was slightly better everyone would benefit.

The judges don't care what guild your from, or any of that crap. They care about good xmogs.

Isn't it possible that your guildies xmogs just simply weren't that good?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
07/28/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Shahrukh
I do understand what 'preliminary' means. I'm not entirely sure what your analogy has to do with what i've said though.

The point of it was saying you can't expect to get to the finals if you don't get through the first few rounds. I understand your frustration, but you can't be upset with the judges simply because they can't find a hay in a needle stack. Not to mention their timezone is hours ahead of ours, so no doubt they were exhausted as well.

I mean, if you think you could do a better job, why not try it yourself?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
07/28/2012 09:51 PMPosted by Vain
hay in a needle stack.

needle in a hay stack?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
07/28/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Aneese
needle in a hay stack?

nope
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
07/28/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Vain
needle in a hay stack?

nope

:-(

You have me confused now
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
07/28/2012 08:19 PMPosted by Vain
So you're saying your opinion on a good transmog should be THE opinion?

No, not just my opinion. Maybe a good % opinion. People in Heroic Firelands gear got 1st and 2nd round gold cause they were in purple. Then people like Rallos, in Unobtainable Naxx40 gear get a damn Nod. Atleast he was all Xmogged, in his gear, and for his spec. Compared to a Balance Druid wearing an agil mace with their offhand. Not Xmogged or even enchanted not that it was a requirement. I dont know, maybe its just my opinion, but from what i heard, and people i talked to, those Brits had a very bland opinion of "Great"

I know a good solution

Start your own show.

Fantastic, i need 3-4 People that i do not know, with decent Xmog sets, preferably American or even Canadian to help me out, prefer people i dont know. All discussion can be made in /say, no party chat. And you can send Epeens Gold donation to me, and then ill set a date :) Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
07/28/2012 11:52 PMPosted by Ântihero
No, not just my opinion. Maybe a good % opinion.

Out of the many people who attended, I have officially seen 4 people disagree/rage. I have had around a dozen or so pst me saying the show was great. Assuming all others are neutral, that's not a great percentage.

People in Heroic Firelands gear got 1st and 2nd round gold cause they were in purple

Uniqueness wasn't the only thing they were basing off of. It was theme and matching as well. Even though it was current expansion, they had really amazing accessories.

Then people like Rallos, in Unobtainable Naxx40 gear get a damn Nod. Atleast he was all Xmogged, in his gear, and for his spec.

While we were disappointed he got a nod, he even said in vent he didn't mind, he knows his transmog is great, he was just showing up to have fun. Which seems like the exact opposite of why you did.

Compared to a Balance Druid wearing an agil mace with their offhand. Not Xmogged or even enchanted not that it was a requirement.

The rules are 50% of the gear has to be xmogged. There will always be exceptions though. Why would they want a red/yellow flame to the weapon with a purple transmog theme? It would ruin it. Both sets were good, one just got more attention.

I dont know, maybe its just my opinion,

That's right, you don't know, and while it isn't just YOUR opinion, it's not THE opinion.

those Brits had a very bland opinion of "Great"

Now you're blaming their taste due to them being British? You know that 2 of the judges were from America, right?

And you can send Epeens Gold donation to me

Why? I'm not the one complaining about the show, I thought it was wonderful and well worth the gold and time.

Now that I've shown all of your statements to be invalid, do you have anything else to complain about?
Edited by Vain on 7/29/2012 12:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]