Obsidian Nightwing?

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Did anyone get this email? is Obsidian Nightwing is the new RAF mount? Dont know if its real.

Greetings,

Beginning 2012-17-07, we will be offering a new in-game reward, Obsidian Nightwing, to veteran World of Warcraft players who fulfill the requirements of the Recruit a Friend program. According to our records, you have earned the current reward, the X-53 Touring Rocket, but have not yet claimed it.

Your reward will only be available for 5 more days, so we encourage you to claim it now. It will no longer be possible to claim the X-53 Touring Rocket as of 2012-17-07.

To claim your reward, log in to your Battle.net account, select the World of Warcraft account you used to refer your friend, and then select Referrals & Rewards > Recruit a Friend. Alternately, copy and paste this URL into your browser: xxx

If you run into any issues when trying to claim the X-53 Touring Rocket, check out our complete walkthrough at xxx

If you have additional questions or concerns, please submit a ticket at xxxx
Thanks for summoning a friend to join you in Azeroth, and we hope you enjoy your X-53 Touring Rocket!

Regards,

Customer Support

Blizzard Entertainment

http://battle.net/support

Anyone also know if the new Account Bind mount this is cross Realm? or just Server? Like I have a Horde on Medivh but if I have a Account bind mount (no faction related.. eg Green proto drake) on my Horde will the Alliance toon get it too?
Edited by Nagato on 7/11/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Dude, remove the links just in case.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Do you actually have a Touring Rocket you haven't claimed? If you do, sounds legit. If you don't, why the Hell are you even asking? The answer is pretty obvious. Plus, the email specifically tells you to copy the URLs into your browser instead of clicking their links. That's something Blizzard always does.

Dude, remove the links just in case.

The links are all legitimate. Only a really bad phishing attempt would actually have fake URLs shown. Any good one would hide the real URL behind a seemingly legitimate line of text, ie, having a hyperlink that leads to loltotallyawowscam.net, but have it appear as battle.net/wow/en/support or whatever in the email itself.
Edited by Vanarela on 7/11/2012 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I have 2 RAF not claimed, just didn't see any news in wowhead/mmo-champion/wowinsider/offical page about Obsidian Nightwing being new RAF. so didn't know if it was real.
Edited by Nagato on 7/11/2012 7:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Well, you seem to know that there's a WoW website.

You should also know that WoW posts any RAF promotions and new mounts on the front page.

So using this logic, you would know that this is a scam.
Reply Quote
Thanks just didn't want to do anything dumb, because I'm still waiting on what the new mount is before I use the 2 RAF I still have.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I got this email, it is the new RAF mount. Hadn't realized I still had a touring rocket from the current RAF program.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
If you get an email don't click on any links. Go log into your battle.net account and see. Even if this is the new RAF mount they haven't announced it on the site, so you're probably being scammed.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Yes, I JUST got that email. Wanted to make sure I was going to be able to receive the new mount and not have my reward stripped away from me when it reset.
Reply Quote
The question right now I think is... Is it real or not? (not the mount, but whats the email points out) guess we can find out in 5 days, I'm sure Blizzard will announce it.. if its true within 4 day.
Edited by Nagato on 7/11/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/11/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Nagato
The question right now I think is... Is it real or not?

I just had my wife check and she got the e-mail too. Thanks OP, she really does not check that account as it is just for WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
07/11/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Zarahemnah
Even if this is the new RAF mount they haven't announced it on the site, so you're probably being scammed.

You mean http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5203164 doesn't actually exist, and I'm just imagining it's existence?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Too bad I don't have any friends.... Looks like I have to recruit myself.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Just got this email as well, checked bnet and sure enough I had mounts I somehow forgot to claim from a few years back. It sort of makes it sound like we'll get the mount for having done RAF in the past as well?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Just received this email but even if it looks like scam isn't, i logged (in a different browser on the official battle.net) and have 2 rewards so it's legit, the new mount too look i saw it long before because i've MoP beta.http://www.wowhead.com/item=83086#comments
My question would be, if i don't claim these in the deadline.. they will be valid for the new? or just a reset?
Reply Quote
1 Tauren Warrior
Got this e-mail as well. I have one rocket left to claim, but since I have it already, I was keeping the extra one for the next time they change the RAF mount, and the time has come!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Referred a friend months ago, got this e-mail and I logged into my account but I don't see a link to 'referral-rewards.' I'm not stupid enough to copy and post links. Looks like a clever spam heist.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]