Health/Mana Bar Addon??

87 Human Paladin
I hate having to look all the way up in the top left-hand corner to view my health, and often times I forget to look and die in dungeons...is there an add-on that will allow me to place a health bar below or above my character so its always visible to me?

Currently I am using Tidy Plates and Tidy Plates: Threat - but I haven't seen an option to show a health bar above me...I like Tidy Plates, so do not want to replace it with anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
You could try enabling friendly name plates, although I don't know if that shows your own.

One thing you could do is move your unit frame from the top left to somewhere more visible. If you're using the default frames, right-click it and unlock it to allow you to move it.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
I couldn't find a way for tidy plates to show it...and I can move my nameplate down but it is kinda bulky...anything else you recommend? Can you use like Shadowed Unit Frames without replaced Tidy Plates?
Edited by Cycra on 7/14/2012 3:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Okay so I like ICE HUD, I like how it shows my health and mana bars around my guy, but it does replace Tidy Plates...like everything is themed by ICE now...is there a way to change this...or should I use Shadowed (since that doesn't affect Tidy Plates I guess?)
Edited by Cycra on 7/14/2012 3:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I use XPerl unit frames, but I don't move the frames much so I'm used to its position. However, I also use VuhDo, which I have in the lower right, and that's what I usually look at for my and my group's health and mana. It requires a decent amount of customization, but you can see what mine looks like here:

http://i.imgur.com/saFUk.jpg
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
That is cool...I am just not sure what to do...seems like I get so many different opinions..I already use grid...so with VuhDo I would be way over crowded...
Edited by Cycra on 7/14/2012 3:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
If you use Grid you don't need VuhDo. I prefer VuhDo, but they do the same thing.
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Okay...so still have a problem...Health and Mana bar around my guy...I like ICE HUD but it replaces Tidy Plates, which I do not want....idk if Shadowed Unit Frames would...

actually...ICE doesn't replace tidy plates...it appears to still work I believe
Edited by Cycra on 7/14/2012 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
IceHud is definitely the best one I've found. It's also very configurable and has a HoPo monitor that can be used. Here's my current setup on the H-pal =)

http://i48.tinypic.com/jg5ic5.jpg
Reply Quote
87 Human Paladin
Yea it works real well I like the mana and health bar that surrounds the character...and tidy plates still works perfectly
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]