Is the new RAF mount Account Wide?

(Locked)

85 Tauren Paladin
Is the new RAF mount account wide? Honestly, that's the only way I am putting 50$ down for it. Its sexy and the fact that it can hold a passenger is AWESOME, but I'd only consider buying it if its account wide.

And I know someone is going to say that the mount is not the point of RAF, that its suppose to just be an incentive to get a friend into the game, ect, ect. But honestly... I dont know anyone who I am friends with who does not have or has had a wow account. I have all the max level characters I could want, and my friends do to. The only reason me, and I assume a lot of people are looking at RAF, is BECAUSE of the mount. Honestly I am surprised this is not on the FAQ.

Anyway, Just want to know if the mount is account wide or only 1 character. If it is account wide then Bliz just got themselves 50$ more from me. If not then its kinda lame.
90 Orc Warlock
I think it is going to be Account wide since the Rocket mount is.
Support Forum Agent
07/16/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Meathammer
Is the new RAF mount account wide? Honestly, that's the only way I am putting 50$ down for it. Its sexy and the fact that it can hold a passenger is AWESOME, but I'd only consider buying it if its account wide.

No, the rewards from the Recruit a Friend promotion are specific to the character that receives it. We have received word that the current plan is that these mounts will remain specific to a character and not be made account wide.

07/16/2012 06:28 PMPosted by Meathammer
The only reason me, and I assume a lot of people are looking at RAF, is BECAUSE of the mount. Honestly I am surprised this is not on the FAQ.

It is.

Will all characters on my veteran account receive a Recruit-A-Friend mount?

No. Only one mount may be redeemed for a single per qualifying referral. If you’d like the mount for another character, you are welcome to recruit another friend.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-rewards#18
Edited by Vrakthris on 7/16/2012 6:34 PM PDT
85 Tauren Paladin

No, the rewards from the Recruit a Friend promotion are specific to the character that receives it. We have received word that the current plan is that these mounts will remain specific to a character and not be made account wide.

Wow, Thanks for the speedy reply! Thats honestly a real bummer because I would easily pay 50$ for it, just to have the mount account wide and I am sure a lot of people would. The only reason I don't buy any blizzard store mounts is because they are all single seat mounts, none of them have any real uniqueness to them besides how they look visually. The whole reason I was personally even interested in the RAF was in the hopes of an account wide, decent looking, flying passenger mount.

Well, Anyway, Thanks for the swift reply. Again, Kinda a bummer XD

It is.

Will all characters on my veteran account receive a Recruit-A-Friend mount?

No. Only one mount may be redeemed for a single per qualifying referral. If you’d like the mount for another character, you are welcome to recruit another friend.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-rewards#18[/quote]

Huh... Dont know how I missed that... Thanks.
Edited by Meathammer on 7/16/2012 6:35 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Mage
07/16/2012 06:31 PMPosted by Vrakthris

.... what happened to the post about the only mounts that are not account wide are PVP only.
This is extremely frustrating.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
.... what happened to the post about the only mounts that are not account wide are PVP only.

Everything in the beta is subject to change. I'm quite certain that any post would include the qualifier "At this time...".
90 Draenei Shaman

Everything in the beta is subject to change. I'm quite certain that any post would include the qualifier "At this time...".

Nope, it doesn't.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5633973536?page=15#300

I mean, it is my fault for assuming, but going by this post the RAF mounts and other promotional mounts SHOULD be account wide.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Nope, it doesn't.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5633973536?page=15#300

I'm sorry, but please read the post:

At this point, the only mounts that are not account-wide are either class specific or rewarded from PVP. We feel like both these types of mounts should still be character specific.

I'm not sure how much closer it can be to "At this time"....

Wording aside, everything in the Beta is subject to change. They can change their minds tomorrow about making ANYTHING account-wide.
Edited by Madisón on 7/16/2012 8:23 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
07/16/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Moon
Nope, it doesn't.

Though it doesn't say "At this time" it does say "At this point" which can be an equivalent. As in, "At this point in development we're thinking that it should work like X". Feedback is still important though.

As always it is best to provide any feedback you may have for Mists of Pandaria content in the relevant areas. Mists of Pandaria is still very much under construction and very few things are written in stone.
90 Pandaren Hunter
Please let this mount be account wide. It's a beautiful mount, I love it to death, and would like very much to be able to use it on other toons.
Thanks for saving me 50$ and the time to talk someone into coming into the Wow world... :)
90 Draenei Shaman
07/16/2012 08:25 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Though it doesn't say "At this time" it does say "At this point" which can be an equivalent.

*rubs eyes* Moon will L 2 read... *failcakes*
Support Forum Agent
07/16/2012 08:31 PMPosted by Starbow
Please let this mount be account wide. It's a beautiful mount, I love it to death, and would like very much to be able to use it on other toons.

As always it is best to provide any feedback you may have for Mists of Pandaria content in the relevant areas. Mists of Pandaria is still very much under construction and very few things are written in stone.
85 Human Hunter
I have created a thread in MoP beta forum hopefully that is the correct location.
85 Human Rogue
If this mount becomes account wide, I will make a second account in a heartbeat for it. but if I can only use it on one character, then it's not worth the money to me. I don't change mains often, but it does happen and I would hate to end up changing mains again and not have the mount on my new main. Plus it would be nice to be able to use it on my alts as well. So I'm just putting this out there.. if Blizz wants some extra money from me, make it an account wide mount and I'm in. =)
90 Human Death Knight
So I'm just putting this out there.. if Blizz wants some extra money from me, make it an account wide mount and I'm in. =)

See -

As always it is best to provide any feedback you may have for Mists of Pandaria content in the relevant areas.

Unfortunately, those who make such decisions do not review the support forum. If you have beta access you can add your voice to Irmi's thread as indicated above.
85 Human Paladin
07/16/2012 08:32 PMPosted by Thräm
Thanks for saving me 50$ and the time to talk someone into coming into the Wow world... :)

^

I actually had one saved up, but used it on a character that already had the last mount since it was my main at the time. I was under the assumption that blues posts were highly thoughtful when I made this decision, thinking it would go to my next main in MoP via the Account Wide mounts, but it seems I was sadly mistaken.

I'm growing more and more depressed with the decisions made regarding this feature among other things within this game. It's getting to the point where I just flat out regret taking the annual pass. I appreciate the new artwork and extra features that are being added in the next expansion, but these kinds of... depressing take backs are really dampening my moral and want to continue playing the game even into my annual pass.

"At this point" should have been updated prior to the release of these new mounts, and in failing to do so you have upset a large quantity of players. I frequently check for news updates, even catching this one on the same day you released the new mounts. I can't help but to feel absolutely cheated that this issue is brought up on the same day that we already used our mounts going off of a blue post regardless of wordings; it's a failure of commitment to the players in giving them informed decisions.

At the very LEAST you should have made mention of this on the page introduction the mount. I specifically read through it before issuing it to my current main (thinking I was among the few who do research prior). So, you can see why I do in fact feel cheated regardless of the phrase "At this point", which would have been better with a caveat that things may be taken away from the players. I expect skills and balance to change, but to take away options from the player was something I didn't think Blizzard would do.

I'm very upset and considering ending my time in Azeroth if future prospects in gaming work out.

Sincerely,

An Open Beta Player, Original Collector's Edition Owner, and day one WoW gamer.
85 Human Paladin
Well, I'd been thinking about getting it, but if it's not account wide come MoP I'm going to have to reconsider.
80 Blood Elf Paladin
07/16/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Thalvàus
"At this point" should have been updated prior to the release of these new mounts, and in failing to do so you have upset a large quantity of players.

I really have to disagree with you here (and in essence, your entire point). "At this point" means that at the moment that they posted. Since you have been a customer since Day One, and even in the Open Beta, then you KNOW that NOTHING is finalized until the day it is released on the Live Realms. Even THEN, it's always subject to change.

No, it's just something to complain about for the sake of complaining. Nothing in this game is set in stone, and with every patch, things are changed. And that goes double for features that are being tested on the Beta realms.
Edited by Madisón on 7/16/2012 10:25 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
"At this point" I won't be gifting myself a recruit a friend to get the mount, as it is not account wide. Bummer. I was excited to get it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]