HELP ME

90 Blood Elf Mage
I cant get a hot streak to save my life!!!!!!!! is there any tricks that could help me?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Yes - I would suggest of course reforging absolutely everything you can into crit, and re-gem your yellow sockets from "artful" gems to gems with "Potent" in the name. That will give you intel +Crit.

I know some sites say haste is more important than crit for fire mage, but since your DPS depends on crits, I would go so far as to say Crit is more important than haste.

I'm not sure what fire mage mastery is, I haven't gotten to 85 on mine yet, but Crit is king if you want procs, as I'm sure you know =) GL
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I'd suggest more of a skill increase than a gear one, every time I arena, which isl ike, once every two weeks on a random team with a random player, we get or are close to hot streak, but thats more due to skill than the gear, not to say gear doesn't count, it's just...like 20% of your overallness.

Take a moment to make sure every single move you got is on your Action Bars, and the majority should be keybound, things like your mount, all your defensive moves, and the main offensive ones. Neat tips to learn how to keybind are to either go all out at the start, or take your time and go one move and add more as you're learning. I started with changing my F to a Disarm macro, then V for Throwdown, as well as R for Pummel, eventually I flat out got every move on a Key, with my Heroic Leap on the Middle mouse wheel for speed.

IN addition, try out focus targets, I tend to forget them half of the time myself, but they're far more usefull on a Mage, as you've that mighty Sheep spell that you can learn to use with focus targets to help multi task.

Thats all I've got for the moment, if you need any other strange tips, I'm willing to regurgitate more random information, like who to hit, how classes play, how to read specs, and what spells you'd always want to trinket, and which to wait.
Reply Quote
3 Blood Elf Rogue
He is quite obviously talking about the mage proc that makes Pyroblast an insta-cast.

Get to 2005 haste and then gem/reforge crit.

Stop reforging to mastery, mastery is terrible for fire mages.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Well don't I feel silly, but wouldn't that be a question for the mage forms? Or for him to take a look at how to cause such a Proc?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Crit is what causes those procs. 2 critical strikes in a row gives you a free pyroblast if I remember right.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
On the pvp side i crit alot just on pve in DS do i not crit as often ive tried the reforging however it was to haste i will give crit a try thanx for the help i hope it works i really miss being a fire mage
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]