Just rolled lock.

38 Blood Elf Warlock
Very unique class. I do enjoy it. I know that at level 23 I don't experience the many fruits of the class. I love to pvp when I have time. But every time I pvp, I get slaughtered. Not really sure how else to put it other than that I'm just worried that once I hit 85 I will hate myself while I'm getting slaughtered in PvP when icould have easily gone Mage, hunter, or Pally (my choices when I was picking a new class) and faired okay in pvp.

Just need some encouraging words to keep me going. Also, any tips would be amazing especially like a rotation on someone at my level. Spell flash is poop.
Reply Quote
same
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Well at low levels like that Warlocks are really going to get destroyed by mostly everyone. At higher levels they get much better. They're one of those classes that's easy to learn, but difficult to master. But if you can master a warlock they are by far the most rewarding and satisfying class out there. Very few people play warlocks and even less are actually good at them. Killing someone as a warlock is like destroying their pride, it's glorious xD

For rotation...eh you're affliction right? Pretty much just dot things up and use drain life/shadow bolt, then drain soul at less than 20% health. Fel hunter is the pet you want to use..or when you hit level 30 at least. I leveled my lock as Destro, so I'm not really an expert on Affliction
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
They're one of those classes that's easy to learn, but difficult to master. But if you can master a warlock they are by far the most rewarding and satisfying class out there. Very few people play warlocks and even less are actually good at them. Killing someone as a warlock is like destroying their pride, it's glorious

hehe very well said.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Stay away from PvP until you're 70+

Leveling is fine with either spec. If you're affli then dot things up and move on to the next target while the current slowly dies. I'd suggest Felhunter as pet but voidwalker is fine too.
If you like to dungeon then switch to Demonology, it has the best aoe of the 3 trees.
If you want to level similar to a mage then play Destruction.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
I'm a long time lock player now and I've been getting serious about pvp the past few months. The best advice I can offer after leveling and growing attached to my lock is that you have to be able to appreciate the small victories. We warlocks are never going to go out and completely rule a battlefield, but we can wreak havoc over it if you stick to the roll of support. The warlock is not ideal for 1v1 combat right now (although it can be successful) Just try and stick with others and offer the best damage, c/c you can during the fights. You will draw the hate and ire of opposing players when they are fighting other classes and all of a sudden dots, CoEx, fear etc start popping up all over the place. Stay away, c/c and spread dot's as your main strategy and you will help your team win. And when I do happen to get the better of a Rogue or other tricky class/spec combos, man the victory is so much sweeter when it doesn't happen everytime.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
only words of encouragement i can offer at this time is just have fun .
dont stress anything! do it the way you want and how you want. even if you are doing it wrong, just have fun.
sure, you can take the time to learn how to maximize your rotation. or you could memorize stat weights and figure out how to exploit openings in encounters or enemy players weaknesses. it wouldnt hurt one bit.

but heed this warning. by the time you get it all figured out and you start to fortify your bearings within the class, it will be time to relearn it all over again.

i dont mean to troll or be the negative nancy, but hold off on taking up the warlock just yet. come back in a few months when mists launch and the dusts settles.
the leveling experience of this class can be discouraging at times, and what im seeing so far, it will be much more enjoyable in the next expansion.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
out of arenas, so in bgs, i try to avoid the stress that comes with the class, but do enjoy having 80% of the opposing team chase me accross roads and all the way across BGs because im simply a warlock.
Since wrath, most if not all classes got a built in game feature where every keybind they set up seems to /target warlock. so you can do great things helping your team, by literally doing nothing at all.

seriously though, id need a hundred people to count their fingers and toes for how many times ive had 7/8 out 10 people chase me into no mans land, which left 9 of my team mates free to win the game.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
07/17/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Doodooslappa
Spell flash is poop.

Yup.

I did use it as a dot timer though, before I got a better dot timer.

All the specs are super fun at 85 but you may find Affliction and Demonology to be better at lower levels. You should try them out if you haven't yet.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
Very unique class. I do enjoy it. I know that at level 23 I don't experience the many fruits of the class. I love to pvp when I have time. But every time I pvp, I get slaughtered. Not really sure how else to put it other than that I'm just worried that once I hit 85 I will hate myself while I'm getting slaughtered in PvP when icould have easily gone Mage, hunter, or Pally (my choices when I was picking a new class) and faired okay in pvp.

Just need some encouraging words to keep me going. Also, any tips would be amazing especially like a rotation on someone at my level. Spell flash is poop.

The Warlock is an extremely rewarding class if you're willing to put in the time. Unless you end up absolutely hating the playstyle, stick with it; it'll be worth it.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Warlocks are pretty horrible until you reach 85 and acquire decent gear
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
07/17/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Lyrria
But if you can master a warlock they are by far the most rewarding and satisfying class out there

I'm curious, why do you feel it's rewarding? When you do master it, you get numbers similar or just a bit above the other classes, while going through significantly more work. If anything I'd say warlocks are definitely fun to play and hard to master, but by no means they are rewarding.
Edited by Lokthen on 7/25/2012 12:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
To be good at warlock takes time and effort. One of the hardest classes to play in pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Welcome to the best class in WoW thru all the ups and downs :)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hey this is the OP. Different toon.

I started gearing this toon so my progess isn't much better. Only level 28 atm. I did however try out some of the other classes. Rogue and DK are the only 2 I'd ever put time into.

Mage was boring the death out of me. Paladin is something I wouldn't mind leveling but not nearly as fun as the lock. Constantly tabbing through and dot'ing etc. I also LOVE the Soulburn mechanic. It's awesome when I need something done.

I'm pretty sure after I get my DK to a decent ilvl so I can get into a raidgroup the Lock will definitely be my priority.

Also, I said screw Affliction. Didn't have enough...... umph I was looking for. (Yeah, even at low levels I like seeing the numbers. Haha.) Switched to Destruction and I must say it's very fun so far.

Oh. fear opopopopop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
War
07/17/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Lyrria
Killing someone as a warlock is like destroying their pride, it's glorious xD

Big grin!

So true, so true.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I did a lot of PvP simply because I was bored with dungeoning. Got slaughtered a lot, but you know what we're valued for in PvP? Fearing. Always go with the flag runners and fear whoever chases them.

And in any other lower level pvp group? Just run around and fear. Target one person and just spam fear and dots on them and other players. Not really much else we're able to do as far as pvp is concerned till high levels.
Reply Quote
66 Undead Warlock
with your gear you will just be slaughtered by anything with boa it will be like that till 85
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Warlock
Locks don't get a lot of very important spells until very late in the game. Leveling a lock is pretty awkward (searing pain is just an absurdity). PvP is just funny.

You say you prefer destro, which is doable, but affliction is really the only playable spec if you don't want to play from a disadvantage. Destro is decent, though.

I like Erkya's comment: fear spam FTW!
Edited by Dspite on 7/28/2012 9:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Don't pvp until 70. Wait, actually dont pvp until 85. Scratch that, it doesn't get fun until you get full resil gear, no make that Cata gear. Wait no, it doesn't get fun until you hit 2k in RLS.

You have your work cut out for you!
Edited by Dagshtein on 7/29/2012 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]