Mouse over issues

85 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's the macro

#showtooltip Hand of Protection
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Hand of Protection; Hand of Protection
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

The its not working with the standard raid frames. I just came back from a break from wow and i remember them working before i left.. It works when i mouse over the player in the field but not when i mouseover their name frame.
Reply Quote
Here's the macro

#showtooltip Hand of Protection
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Hand of Protection; Hand of Protection
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

The its not working with the standard raid frames. I just came back from a break from wow and i remember them working before i left.. It works when i mouse over the player in the field but not when i mouseover their name frame.

Did this really fall off the front page in less than 3 hrs on one of the slowest forums on the site...

At any rate, don't bind mouseovers to mouse buttons. Unit frames consume mouse clicks. Reason being that they're designed to respond to them (targeting, drop down menus, etc).

Either:

- bind them to a keyboard key
- use your mouse software to remap your mouse buttons to keyboard keys and bind to those keyboard keys
- use the addon Clique

Also:

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help,nodead][] Hand of Protection
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Mage
Are you binding this to a keyboard key or mouse button? The default UI only supports binding mouseover things to keys, since unit frames are designed to respond to mouse clicks by targeting the unit or opening a dropdown menu.

If you want to bind things to clicks, use the AddOn Clique.

Edit: Listen to Inien.
Edited by Choonster on 7/18/2012 8:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
07/18/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Choonster
Edit: Listen to Inien.

Pretty good advice right there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]