Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Who we are
<Lesson in Violence> is a hardcore raiding guild without all the hardcore aggravation. We are comprised of high quality players on Trollbane[PVE]. We treat raiding like a hardcore guild: fully flasked, buffed, prepared, and ready to go with a positive attitude. We expect that you put in your best effort, come prepared, know your class, and above all, be a decent person. But where we differ from many hardcore guilds is that we don't have the stringent 6 day per week or 6 hour per night raiding schedule, nor do we have the "miss 2 runs and get /gkicked rule" either. But that does not mean that we want members who lackadaisically show up, whenever there is a blue moon. We want consistent raiders who are willing to put in the effort required of a progression-focused raiding guild.
We are a guild focused on progression and would like to flesh out our roster to continue to progress in 10-man raids. We are looking to fill FULL-TIME raiding spots. If you are recruited, you will be required to attend 85% of the raids in the first 30 days, and maintain at a minimum 75% attendance thereafter. If you are unable to make at least 75% of the raids, please don't bother applying. While we have a minimum attendance requirement, we are looking to recruit raiders who can and will attempt to attend 100% of all raids.
* Enjoy being yelled at by a 19-year old pizza delivery boy by day-raid leader by night,
* Enjoy being asked to farm for materials for others without gratuity,
* Enjoy worrying that you will be gkicked if you go on a vacation,
* Expect someone to spoon feed you strategies for every new boss,
* Think that your character is a representation of your physical worth,
* Gauge yourself against others by your character's progression,
* Have been kicked out of more guilds than Lindsay Lohan has had relapses,
* or are often asked to insert a lump of coal in your rectum in order to make a diamond,
Then <Lesson In Violence> IS NOT for you.
But if you:
* Enjoy an adult atmosphere,
* Are 18 years of age or older,
* Have sole control over your computer, internet connection, and WoW account,
* Look forward to a calm raid leader who is extremely knowledgeable,
* Give and take constructive criticism on your class maturely,
* Go outside once in a while to actually see the RL MMORPG,
* Can dedicate 4 nights, 12 hours, per week to raid,
* Give your all in your gametime efforts, and enjoy playing alongside others who do also,
Then <Lesson In Violence> IS for you.
High - Melee DPS and a Healer or two with strong dps off specs
Low - Ranged DPS
Closed - Tank
Raid times - We raid current content 3 nights a week, and old content for achievements the other nights. Raid nights are Sun/Mon/Wed/Thur 7:30PM EST to 11:00PM EST. Invites go out at 7:30 PM with first pull at 8:00pm. Raids will --on rare occasion-- run past 11 if we feel we are close to clearing an encounter.
Looting System - 10 mans are a roll system of 1 Main, 1 Off-spec and 1 Tier per night and additional loot is determianed by the Raid Leader adn Loot Master. BOE Item are on a need/roll system where if your main needs the item then you may roll on it but it must be equiped right then and there, if no one need it the item goes to the guild bank. The reason for this system is to distributes gear evenly among the raiders.
Culture - We are primarily an adult oriented guild, managed by mature officers in their 30s-50s. With any adult guild, there will be adult topics of discussion and language. If you are looking to discuss why tea is better with lemon than honey, then you may be taken aback. However, if you have a mouth that would make a trucker blush, then we may not be the greatest fit, either.
For more information about us and how we operate, please read our Mission Statement and our Guild Policies at
or send a whisper to any officer in game. (Voldermain, Xyn, or Gothra)
Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you!
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.