Macro Enabled Mechanical Keyboard

100 Blood Elf Paladin
Hi everyone,

I'm planning on purchasing a Macro Enabled keyboard from Corsair the Vengeance K90 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard.

I've read a few reviews online mentioning account bans using similar products such as the Logitech G15 and various G series keyboards.

At the current moment I'm using a Maxell soft touch keyboard with illuminated LEDs which hasn't given any problems but I wish to type faster and more responsive while playing the game.

So, my question for Blizzard or from any knowledgeable person, will this get my account banned using a macro enabled keyboard with Corsair driver software enabled?

Thank you.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I know initialy when the G series came out.. i beleive it was warden was catching and banning accounts, based on it being there, since it could be used for mostly 'automation' macros..
Now this hasnt happened in a long time.. i know i have it runnin on my desktop and it hasnt banned me.
So for just the software alone.. no likely will not ban you.

BUT if its ever found out, that you are using any form of automation macro, this could be grounds for a ban.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I've been using a G15 for over a year and have never gotten an account action. As long as you don't use it to automate macros you are fine. Stick to the macros that you can create in game and assign them to the other keys :)
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
07/13/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Scuba
I've been using a G15 for over a year and have never gotten an account action. As long as you don't use it to automate macros you are fine. Stick to the macros that you can create in game and assign them to the other keys :)

^^ This.

As long as it can be created ingame, that's fine.

If it will do more than the macros ingame can with one keypress, that's an issue.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Thanks,

All that information is scary. If I used the recording software with Corsair and for example had it record /cast fishing. Would this be considered an out of game macro or in-game macro?

I might just use the keyboard without the drivers.

Since you could execute a /cast command in game, it should be fine. However, let me tell you from experience, that this is a horribly inefficient use of the programmable keys.

I have a G15, and program 12 of the 18 keys to Alt-1 through Alt-=, and then bind abilities to those keys. This way, I can use the keys for different characters, and even different games, without reprogramming them every time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]