"Our login system has detected a change..."

85 Human Mage
Hey guys,

Weird problem tonight.

Booted up WoW and went to login and it gave me the typical schpeel "Our login system has detected a change..." Okay no big deal; I get this quite a bit since I travel a lot for work and the last time I logged on I was technically in a different location (office 10 miles away).

So I go to battle.net and click locked out of my account. Pop in my super secret infoz to get a password reset link and voila. I updated my password and all is well...

I go to log in again and *slam* "Our login system has detected a change..." again...

Fast forward to now and I have reset my account a total of 5 times now and every time I am still getting the same security message when I try to enter the game.

Tests I have done so far: Successfully log into my other battle.net account. Problem seems isolated to this account. Tried a different computer in the house (no luck). Reset the modem and router (no luck)

What gives? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Edited by Arcadefyre on 7/18/2012 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
I'm getting the same exact problem right now. It's so frustrating!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Arcadefyre

This is currently a known issue. I got word that manually resetting your password without going through the link that you get when the account is locked may resolve the issue.

Try that out and let me know what happens.

Here's the link: https://us.battle.net/account/support/password-reset.html
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
manual password reset has not worked for me so far
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Miad

Thanks for the update. In that case, you will want to contact an Accounts representative to resolve this for you.

You can contact them by opening a My Support Ticket. To do so just follow this link: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit

Account representatives are also on hand to take your call 7 days a week between 7am to 8pm PST, at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378. Our Billing team will be happy to assist you with any billing related questions.
If you can't find a solution to your issue, feel free to contact a Support Representative directly for further assistance. Their contact information can be found at the following link: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/about/contact.html

I'm available on the forums Monday through Friday from 11AM to 8PM Pacific Time
Reply Quote
i opened up a ticket and called the 800 number but there must be a lot of calls because i was told to call back at another time when the lines are less busy.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Same problem. Please fix this. This is not a pleasant greeting after just having renewed my account for the first time in 1 year+ a few days ago.
Reply Quote
3 Blood Elf Rogue
i have this problem too. And I already reset my password manually that mean I didn't going through the link but the result still be the same
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Happening to me as well. Over and over. Every time it's reset it just asks for it again.
Reply Quote
21 Worgen Warrior
Happening to me as well, driving me nuts since I'm in the process of moving internationally and I have to reset every time and it's not working now.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
This happened to my friend as well. I used recruit a friend on his battle.net account and when he made his account and logged in it said the whole" system has detected a change..." message. His email is whiteoutsz@yahoo.com. He cant post from the forums because it says he has to have a toon on the account before he can post on the forums
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Still waiting for my ticket to be answered. I will keep you all updated. Just out of curiosity. Are you all in the East Bay Area or have Sonic.net or AT&T as your ISP?
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Update: Definitely seems to be something with my home ISP (Sonic.net). I just tried logging in from my office (comcast) and no problems at all. Although I am confused because I was able to log on my other battle.net from home last night...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
Same thing here
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
I'm in Germany right now and I'm locked out, same issue. Just wait till I bring ze German army on you Blizzard.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Change in access pattern - not unlocking
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6147944769
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]