The Insane

90 Human Warrior
If anyone is interested in grinding a long time for this tittle lmk
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
As someone who grinded this out the hard way before it was nerfed let me wish you luck and if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Reply Quote
Best of luck. The grind is a little more bearable now than it was.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
i'm doing it currently...tm on getting goblins up...yay for 5 rep a kill -.-
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
07/22/2012 06:50 AMPosted by Silvertongue
i'm doing it currently...tm on getting goblins up...yay for 5 rep a kill -.-

The goblins were the worst rep grind I've yet to partake in. I got so sick of that dang pirate cove and running in the same circle for hours and hours!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
It is definitely more bearable than it was previously.

I tried working on it back earlier in TBC before the Achievement system was even announced. Gave up countless times. Barely even touched Shen'dralar then. I ended up only 1000/3000 into Neutral. I did the Bloodsail part right before the removal of Shen'dralar. I have been flying into Booty Bay, etc since then I forgetting I'm hated. haha! So now I'm trying to return to exalted with the Cartels.

Haven't decided if I'm going to make the full push even though without Shen'dralar it is tempting.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
i was into Honored with shendralar when they announced they were taking it out. made my life easier, although i wasted a bit of time for it.

only got ravenholdt left, but no rush, no rush at all.
21000 rep to go!

people can mail me boxes for like 30g if they want, i wont complain.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
I officially hate pirates.

So I'm farming rares somewhere...break after hours with pirates in Tanaris.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
30g per box Tyir?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
You must be insane to try and get this title!
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
400 boxes from exalted, BB / gadgetzan revered...gettin closer to needing help to destroy my hard work...../cry
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
http://raimondastheinsane.com/ <-----His website will help you out greatly....if you already started you may be in trouble like i was. For the cloth turn ins i did Everlook last when i should have done it first because you still get 250 rep from the spill over of the other turn ins. Also their is a few pirates at the cove place in arathi highlands that you can solo its easy and can do it alone if you can not get a group. I still need a few more lockboxes /wrist
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
at the end of wrath i foolishly thought i wanted to be a bloodsail admiral. i didnt realize what it truely meant until i took the flight path to gadget at the start of cata when the flightpath was moved it inside the city. it was a painful experience. I very slowly have raised rep and now can go inside of all goblin zones. /gasp....it's so freeing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
Oh, I remember that. Being hated by the goblins for most of Cata was horrible.

To be able to fly in and not have a pack of guards on me was awesome. Plus being able to ship stuff to Horde side is nice too. :)

Now if only I can finish off the DMF rep! More icecap...anyone have extra or a deck or two for not pointlessly absurd prices? ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I would have to say the lockboxes were the most annoying part of the insane title. Especially since rogue is the one class I am missing. And having started and gotten rid of about 5 of em over the last couple yrs... who all ended up in the mid 30's until I just couldn't deal with how boring they were to play....I was not about to level another one just to farm boxes outta BRS. Luckily I got to borrow my hubbies rogue to farm em. Ohhh jeeze frickin hubbie reading this... so "You mean you got your hubby to farm them, and bribed guildies..." Who care's how I got em Shadonight! I did get them :P ..... Where was I before I was so rudely interrupted... Ohh yes the boxes... the boxes sucked! :D
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
The lockboxes were a drip in the bucket compared to what shen'dralar was before the nerf.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
08/24/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Mavericace
The lockboxes were a drip in the bucket compared to what shen'dralar was before the nerf.

Agreed. However, I'd say anyone who attempted to keep Honored with BB and get to exalted with the Cartels deserves a tip of the cap.

Shen'dralar was just a mat grind. I attempted a bit and the RNG needed was just crazy. I did the lockboxes in a few days on my 75 rogue and spotted a rare twice I hadn't seen since Vanilla. It was fun to revisit old content even if it got repetitive. I'll say I wish I'd work on Shen'dralar more, but the past is the past. I watched to former Shandris players grind it out from BC into Wrath and finally get their titles. Not raiding has given me more time to just screw around and get the reps necessary. True, you can get it while raiding, but you're giving up some dedication to a guild to obtain it.

46% of way to revered with DMF. Waiting for next DMF week to hit exalted.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
When grinding for the Insane title, is there benefit to grouping up for certain factions? I remember Bloodsail Admiral title was nice to have more than one person for when I did it, but I'm genuinely curious as to whether it's just a matter of having someone else suffering through it with you, or it is quicker.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
AFK
For Bloodsail I'd say it's nice now to have a group. The Booty Bay guards aren't pushovers and a more than a couple can be trouble.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/24/2012 11:30 PMPosted by Alsorin

Agreed. However, I'd say anyone who attempted to keep Honored with BB and get to exalted with the Cartels deserves a tip of the cap.

Shen'dralar was just a mat grind. I attempted a bit and the RNG needed was just crazy. I did the lockboxes in a few days on my 75 rogue and spotted a rare twice I hadn't seen since Vanilla. It was fun to revisit old content even if it got repetitive. I'll say I wish I'd work on Shen'dralar more, but the past is the past. I watched to former Shandris players grind it out from BC into Wrath and finally get their titles. Not raiding has given me more time to just screw around and get the reps necessary. True, you can get it while raiding, but you're giving up some dedication to a guild to obtain it.

46% of way to revered with DMF. Waiting for next DMF week to hit exalted.

Well I did both getting my goblin rep back and my Shen'dralar at the same time by running dire maul. The grind to get your goblin rep back without destroying your Bloodsail was not fun but wasn't quite that bad since you could find the librams at the same time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]