Pi ?

85 Human Death Knight
pi, in mathematics, the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter. The symbol for pi is π. The ratio is the same for all circles and is approximately 3.1416. It is of great importance in mathematics not only in the measurement of the circle but also in more advanced mathematics in connection with such topics as continued fractions, logarithms of imaginary numbers, and periodic functions. Throughout the ages progressively more accurate values have been found for π; an early value was the Greek approximation 3 1-7, found by considering the circle as the limit of a series of regular polygons with an increasing number of sides inscribed in the circle. About the mid-19th cent. its value was figured to 707 decimal places and by the mid-20th cent. an electronic computer had calculated it to 100,000 digits. It would have taken a person working without error eight hours a day on a desk calculator 30,000 years to make this calculation; it took the computer eight hours. Although it has now been calculated to more than 200,000,000,000 digits, the exact value of π cannot be computed. It was shown by the German mathematician Johann Lambert in 1770 that π is irrational and by Ferdinand Lindemann in 1882 that π is transcendental; i.e., cannot be the root of any algebraic equation with rational coefficients. The important connection between π and e, the base of natural logarithms, was found by Leonhard Euler in the famous formula eiπ=−1, where i=−1.
Edited by Fanganator on 7/29/2012 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
O.O
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I am very interested in your guild. I jump online at least twice a week to run a few random BG/Tol Barad. I used to raid on a regular basis (on a different character/server) and now I am looking for a more relax environment. It is time to cool my heels and enjoy the World of Warcraft. If there is some sort of application process...let me know.

Now it's time to mix a Capt Diet. Yummmmm!

Later gators.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
Wish this toon was alliance. Sounds like I'd love your guild. :(
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Now you know ..
Edited by Fanganator on 7/29/2012 1:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
I am very interested in this. I just posted a LF guild thread before I saw this. I will be re-rolling and would love to try out a 30+ guild. Talk soon.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Educated .
Edited by Fanganator on 7/29/2012 1:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Sad...so Sad!
Edited by Moeshia on 8/1/2012 4:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
45 Goblin Priest
07/28/2012 08:13 AMPosted by Moeshia
BTW Senior "as in wisdom and experience" not age!
I'd like to know how one gains experience and wisdom without ageing.. That's a short step from rejuvenation :o)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
There is no drama that even comes close to one that starts from a "spectral tiger".

That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Did i miss something?

I feel like i did.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Did i miss something?

I feel like i did.

OH yes, you did indeed! :D
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
Did i miss something?

I feel like i did.

Please take some PI on your way out .
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
This leaves me feeling empty inside somehow . . . like Demolition, I missed something, somewhere.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Pi IS EXACTLY 4!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]