Theramore and Jaina "MoP Spoils"

25 Blood Elf Paladin
07/14/2012 08:11 AMPosted by Aurriastraza
We're entitled to our opinions.

My opinion is better.
85 Human Mage
07/14/2012 07:37 AMPosted by Aurriastraza
Because I like Dalaran better as the home of all Magi, above war and faction politics, a place where learning and knowledge and protecting those secrets are more important that "Hey, he has green skin and tusks, kill him!"

I think Vyrin summed it up well, to be honest, though I'll add my two coppers.

Dalaran has always been a home for mages of all races who can accept certains laws and the etiquette and culture of the society of Dalaran, which matches the Alliance's very well. It -is- a place of Learning, of Knowledge, of Secrets, and Dalaran has always sought to protect these treasured tomes and scrolls, this ancient, refined knowledge, no matter who threatened it.

This -exactly- mirrors the Alliance! Every member-state of the Alliance seeks to protect what they hold dear as well! The Night Elves want to protect the Sanctity of their forests, of the beings they revere, of their culture! The humans want to protect their orderly societies and ways of life! It has -always- been about preserving, and fighting in defense of, that which each member-state holds dear. It has never been a matter of, "It has green skin and tusks, kill it." The Alliance, including Dalaran, even attempted to -help- the Orcs, rather than wiping them out.

In case you've forgotten, the Horde has, again, been threatening that which Dalaran and its mages hold dear. It has launched assaults against Nethergarde Keep, against the Dalaran Crater, and Ambermill (waiting on Tides of War to see if it's official standing is confirmed or not). Indeed, Dalaran has been stupid-neutral for and completely out of character for NOT defending itself and what it holds dear.

I'm hoping Rhonin needing to be replaced is him choking on a bagel or, a better option, the rest of the Kirin Tor and Council of Six calling for his resignation after attempting to remain neutral despite Horde assaults against Dalaran, and the implications of the Sunreavers actively aiding the Horde in fighting the Alliance.
Edited by Elenie on 7/14/2012 8:15 AM PDT
07/14/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Vyrin
We're entitled to our opinions.

My opinion is better.

Oh, don't be so childish. I'm not arguing over who has the better opinion, because neither are fact.
85 Night Elf Druid
I'm going to agree with Vyrin here. The story would be more interesting to see a neutral faction switch BACK to the Alliance for once.

It's not like we actually need Dalaran if Northrend ever gets revamped. It's pretty useless as it is currently. Blizzard could at least use phasing to make it another Alliance capital.

The only problem, of course, is that it would mean the Alliance gets a city the Horde doesn't. What could the Horde get to make up for this? Perhaps a Troll city?
100 Human Paladin

My opinion is better.

Oh, don't be so childish. I'm not arguing over who has the better opinion, because neither are fact.

You're not going to win. :(

I'm going to agree with Vyrin here. The story would be more interesting to see a neutral faction switch BACK to the Alliance for once.

It's not like we actually need Dalaran if Northrend ever gets revamped. It's pretty useless as it is currently. Blizzard could at least use phasing to make it another Alliance capital.

The only problem, of course, is that it would mean the Alliance gets a city the Horde doesn't. What could the Horde get to make up for this? Perhaps a Troll city?

Update Echo Isles more and that's good enough for me.
Edited by Aeluron on 7/14/2012 8:20 AM PDT
85 Human Mage
07/14/2012 08:19 AMPosted by Drailen

The Alliance is losing Theramore. Gaining Dalaran City seems almost to be a fair equivalent. Almost. It's not a major port like Theramore was, nor does it have the same significance that Theramore had, being a major home of the last vestiges of continental Lordaeron's refugees. Heck, with Theramore's destruction, the true people of Lordaeron, the living ones, and a good chunk of the remaining High Elven population, gets wiped off the map.
That's the point. I don't care about winning. This isn't a game for me. I merely stated my opinion of what I'd like to see. That's all.
85 Human Mage
07/14/2012 08:23 AMPosted by Aurriastraza
That's the point. I don't care about winning. This isn't a game for me. I merely stated my opinion of what I'd like to see. That's all.

Wouldn't mind if you'd addressed some of the points I'd brought up =)
07/14/2012 08:22 AMPosted by Elenie

The Alliance is losing Theramore. Gaining Dalaran City seems almost to be a fair equivalent. Almost. It's not a major port like Theramore was, nor does it have the same significance that Theramore had, being a major home of the last vestiges of continental Lordaeron's refugees. Heck, with Theramore's destruction, the true people of Lordaeron, the living ones, and a good chunk of the remaining High Elven population, gets wiped off the map.

The idea has merit, but there are issues

For instance, the teleport spell. Part of Theramore will still be around, including the porttal trainer, so there's no loss of that. Just the loss of the city.

Making Dalaran an Alliance city works fine for Alliance magi, but it screws up Horde magi royally. There would have to be a seperate teleport spell made, at least two.

The original Dalaran teleport/portal
The new, Alliance-only teleport

I'm pretty sure it'd be a hassle getting the coding done.

Plus, as noted, the Horde would need another city to make it fair, for teleport purposes. What would they use? Teleport Bilgewater?

While I'm at it, I'm also curious if there will be a Teleport: Pandaria.
85 Draenei Priest
07/14/2012 06:19 AMPosted by Elenie
I'm hoping Rhonin choked on a bagel and died. -Really- hoping it.

<3 this lol

I'm only on page 3 of this thread still so I'm sorry if someone mentioned this but does it seem like Blizz is getting rid of the Knaackified characters? First Krasus and now Rhonin?

Also, I wonder if Redhair is either killed OR steps down because the Iris was taken from under his nose and because he feels responsible for that and for the fact that a Sunreaver spy is involved. Looks bad on him.

Ok, off to finish reading.
85 Human Mage
07/14/2012 08:30 AMPosted by Aurriastraza
For instance, the teleport spell. Part of Theramore will still be around, including the porttal trainer, so there's no loss of that. Just the loss of the city.

We have no idea if the portal and teleport to Theramore will be removed or not. Beta is still beta.

Making Dalaran an Alliance city works fine for Alliance magi, but it screws up Horde magi royally. There would have to be a seperate teleport spell made, at least two.

Unless the old Teleport: Theramore becomes the new Teleport to Dalaran. Or, perhaps, the second portal in Stormwind's Mage Tower leads to one in Dalaran now, negating any need to even -have- a teleport spell, and allowing all other teleport spells to Dalaran in Northrend to remain untouched. Or one could just rename the original Teleport: Dalaran into Teleport: Northrend. So many simple options.

Not really. All you need is to change the wording of the teleports, remove Theramore's, and add a new one for Dalaran, -if- it gets placed someone on Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms.

Plus, as noted, the Horde would need another city to make it fair, for teleport purposes. What would they use? Teleport Bilgewater?

What happened to Stonard, again?

Still waiting for you to address my points about how Dalaran has been acting our of character by -not- protecting everything it holds dear.
85 Draenei Priest
I so badly want the Dalaran returning to the Alliance ideas suggested earlier.

Now I'm even more excited for Tides of War.
25 Blood Elf Paladin
I learned a while back not to get excited until I see the goods.
100 Human Paladin
And I learned to be optimistic and give people the benefit of the doubt.
85 Draenei Priest
07/14/2012 08:46 AMPosted by Vyrin
I learned a while back not to get excited until I see the goods.

I don't think the novel will be great in terms of writing. I'm not crazy about Golden. I didn't like how she wrote A:RotLK. The earlier stuff was fine.

I'm just excited to see the changes that are going to happen. Am I scared it's going to be dreadful? Sure. I know the track record here. But I'm still hopeful that something good will come of it. If I wasn't, I would have stopped playing this game long ago and never bothered with the stories.

I think you are still hopeful too, because it comes out in your posts: you care about the story. You might not share the views of others, and a lot of people here will clash with their ideas, but you still love the "story" or you wouldn't be here either.
91 Night Elf Druid
That's great, Ferlion!

....wait a second. I found another one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nk44cpWRvU&feature=plcp

...oh :(

Thanks, jerk :(

:D
07/14/2012 08:34 AMPosted by Elenie

We have no idea if the portal and teleport to Theramore will be removed or not. Beta is still beta.

Unless the old Teleport: Theramore becomes the new Teleport to Dalaran. Or, perhaps, the second portal in Stormwind's Mage Tower leads to one in Dalaran now, negating any need to even -have- a teleport spell, and allowing all other teleport spells to Dalaran in Northrend to remain untouched. Or one could just rename the original Teleport: Dalaran into Teleport: Northrend. So many simple options.

Not really. All you need is to change the wording of the teleports, remove Theramore's, and add a new one for Dalaran, -if- it gets placed someone on Kalimdor or the Eastern Kingdoms.

What happened to Stonard, again?

Still waiting for you to address my points about how Dalaran has been acting our of character by -not- protecting everything it holds dear.

If you're using the 'beta is beta' argument, then we can just throw this whole thread in there as well. Blizzard could do a 180, scrap the idea of nuking Theramore, and give us something else to do. As of the current Beta though, you can still port to both Theramore and Stonard

If Theramore is kept as a spell AND Dalaran is added, then The Horde will be short one, even when you account for Stonard.

Alliance: SW, IF, Darn, Exodar, Theramore, Shath, Dalaran, TB, New Dalaran (possible), Pandaria (possible). That's 10

Horde: Org, TB, UC, Silvermoon, Stonard, Shath, Dalaran, TB. Pandaria (possible). That's 9.

So Horde is still one short, unless the Theramore port is removed, or the Alliance doesn't get Dalaran. or we get Dalaran but no way to teleport there in Pandaria content

~

As for Dalaran protecting her possessions... I've been avoiding that argument, mainly because Blizzard's all over the place regarding canoncy and logic. The Horde is friends with Dalaran, yet Ambermill and the Crater are both attacked, as well as Nethergarde Keep. That suggests either the Horde stopped caring about their new friends, or Blizzard dropped the lore ball.
25 Blood Elf Paladin
07/14/2012 09:03 AMPosted by Aurriastraza
The Horde is friends with Dalaran

Stop right there.

Being allies is different from being friends.

The Soviet Union and the United States were allies in the Second World War but they were never friends.
Edited by Vyrin on 7/14/2012 9:05 AM PDT
07/14/2012 09:05 AMPosted by Vyrin
The Horde is friends with Dalaran

Stop right there.

Being allies is different from being friends.

The Soviet Union and the United States were allies in the Second World War but they were never friends.

Okay, fine, nitpick my choice of words.

The Horde was allies with Dalaran during the Northrend Campaign.

Better?
25 Blood Elf Paladin
07/14/2012 09:07 AMPosted by Aurriastraza
Better?

Yes.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]