FTA

90 Dwarf Hunter
Hello everyone. I've been meaning to post a synopsis of the Garrosh kill on June 30.

This event consisted of 73 people divided among two raid groups. A 40man PvE group dedicated to working Garrosh, the remaining into a defensive PvP group for the latter.

The expected duration of this event was 5 min from start to finish. A summoner for each group was prepared and we began moving shortly after 7:30pm server. As soon as we were zoned and set the PvE group began to work Garrosh while the PvP group moved to cover the entrance proper.

The PvP group experienced stiff oppostion at the door, though little attrition. Occasionally we would lose a member but they were quickly battle-rezzed. Two or three hordies managed to slip past and were dispatched in short order by the PvE group. The PvE group steadilly burned Garrosh killing him after ~3.5 min.

Once Garrosh was down the PvE group put portals up and fell through. After they were out the PvP group fell back into the throne room but were unable to get portals up before being overwhelmed by defenders.

From start to finish the event took a little over 4 min. All in all, very well executed.

My thanks to everyone involved. Your patience and dedication has given you something worthy to boast about!

A special thanks to Metalbeast of the Vigilant Watch and Lavendara of Fatalis Honorem. Managing this monstrosity would have been hell without you two :)

Firac was kind enough to record and edit together a video of the various FTA events which can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYNhIqnKr04&feature=player_embedded#!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Thanks to everyone for putting it together, and kudos for a job well done. I was quite happily proven wrong about Alliance side being able to pull it off.

/bow
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Death Knight
That was the best FTA I have done. It was a blast! Epic times, Oalrai. *nods*
Reply Quote
Nice vid! I enjoyed the watch. Also good to see some coordination, not so difficult now is it?

This event consisted of 73 people divided among two raid groups. A 40man PvE group dedicated to working Garrosh, the remaining into a defensive PvP group for the latter.

*cheers* on the raid strat. Works well dudden't? :)

*Salute*

Duke
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Hello everyone.

Today at ~7:30 pm server we again engaged and downed Garrosh. This event shared similar structure and expectations to the previous and consisted of ~65 people.

The PvP group deployed via mass-summons directly into the throne room while the PvE group moved from a staged location outside the city. The PvP group engaged Garrosh for a few seconds, eventually covering the door, as the PvE group arrived. The timing of this would be a very close thing and was pulled off nicely.

We faced much heavier defense this week. The PvP group was hard pressed to hold the door, consequently the PvE group initially faced appreciable interference. After ~2 min we secured the room and we're able to work Garrosh in relative peace.

Garrosh went down after ~5 min. Facing mounting horde defenses the PvP group was pushed into the throne room proper. This caused the PvE group to incur casualties as they made their exit. The PvP group was unable to withdraw, so provided what cover they could before being overwhelmed.

Once again, well done all!

Horde defenders were tenacious but you were determined, prepared and organized. You should all be proud :)

EDIT:
Once again plugging Firac's video :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYNhIqnKr04&feature=player_embedded#!
Edited by Oalrai on 7/21/2012 9:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
07/21/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Oalrai
Horde defenders were tenacious but you were determined, prepared and organized.

lol organized my !@#, they were all typing in trade and crap for an invite to a defense group and no one started one -.-
Reply Quote
97 Night Elf Druid
((This is the kind of pvp I like to see! Good sportsmanship and what not. Grats on the FTA! Go team!))
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Warlock
Good for you. Now do it again.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
We did. This saturday in fact >.>

Didn't really want to harp on it too much, hence no thread posted discussing the event.
Edited by Oalrai on 8/20/2012 2:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
95 Blood Elf Warlock
Good for you. Now do it again. And leave your harps at home.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
We'll bring accordions then! Now there's a noble dwarven instrument.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
Should I bring my tuba?
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
I've got a place for your tuba sir! We shall be prepared next time. However, this time good job:) *glares* but it's commin'. You wont know when, you wont know how, and I might, just might, give you a cuppiecake after. BUT, only if you're bringing the fireworks. I'll not host again without fireworks!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
*Starts loading a case of goblin fireworks into a very large tuba while cackling hysterically*
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It is always an honor and privilege to raid the City Bosses with Oalrai and Metalbeast, and our entire company of dedicated raiders. This is a first class outfit and I thank you all for good times and epic kills.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]