Been on Ravencrest too long if...

100 Human Priest
Most of us are bored while waiting for MoP, so I thought I might liven things up a little with some fun memories. Instead of the old Foxworthy line "you might be a redneck if..." it seems more appropriate to go with "you've been on RC too long if..."

I could make a list several hundred items long, but I'll just start with a few and see if anyone else wants to join in.

You've been on Ravencrest too long if...
... you know where the name "Ravenfail" came from and who first coined the phrase.
... you miss forum posts by Zephro, Dethricar, Padook, Alma, or Triv.
... you remember Sophiedoll and know Camirex, Landpwnian, and Dringet would have put him (or her) out of business.
... you know why Gudwin = Kenny.
... you remember the time Requiem got hacked (oh noes!)
... you know why "would rather be fishing" and "snuggle" are awesome.
... you miss the good ole days of guild drama that brought our server a little infamy in the pages of WoW Insider.
... you rolled an alliance character just so you could try to kill Chaney.
... you rolled a horde character just so you could try to kill... er... what is world pvp again?
... you gave up trying to catch up with Raziya's pet collection a LONG time ago.
... you can list 4 people whose boss fight explanations in PUGs last longer than a high school graduation ceremony.
... there are a LOT of awesome players you miss gaming with and hope they come back for MoP.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
"... you miss the good ole days of guild drama that brought our server a little infamy in the pages of WoW Insider."

Please, Elaborate.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
WoW Insider (now known as wow.joystiq.com) used to have a weekly article called "Guildwatch". It was packed full of guild drama from all across the US realms, including links to the various forum posts where the drama was most evident. Of course, any posts on the official forums were immediately removed; however, the ones on privately-held forums belonging to the guilds in question were often left alive for weeks. It was like a gossip magazine for WoW.

Ravencrest guilds or forum posts were featured at least twice on "Guildwatch". Maybe three times. It made for some entertaining reading, that's for sure.

Sadly for gossip-lovers, WoW Insider decided to encourage the kinder, gentler aspects of the WoW community in their "Guildwatch" article. The readership of the article then took a nosedive and eventually "Guildwatch" ceased to exist.

Fortunately, the articles are archived! :) I won't link them here, as I don't want to make the moderators angry, but you can go to the current wowinsider webiste (wow.joystiq.com) and search "Guildwatch Ravencrest" and at least get the general idea.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
Well excuse me for trying to touch on every aspect of the fight to make sure that they cannot say they didn't know that would happen and wipe the raid then be all nerd ragey when one of the more angry people called them out. 99.999~% is not enough. 100%. Always.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Troll Priest
--You remember when people actually posted here.

--Wintergrasp 8)
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
--You remember when people actually posted here.

--Wintergrasp 8)

Yes. This x100.

Not sure why I feel sniffly all of a sudden. Need a kleenex...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
  • You've seen how many times the random squidgoat Linkus popped in and out of the server/faction.
  • You remember a weekly Alliance city raid organized by a specific blood elf death knight. His goal was to take Stormwind hostage whilst playing Hollywood Undead music on his mandatory vent channel.
  • Can recall Hathuun's previous name, which I still think was better. Zephro, why did you do thaaaaaat....
  • These are surprisingly hard to dig up.
    Edited by Sheraton on 7/16/2012 4:39 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Priest
    "... you miss the good ole days of guild drama that brought our server a little infamy in the pages of WoW Insider."

Please, Elaborate.

The one that comes to mind is the thread about the disintegration of <The Firm>, an up-and-coming guild back in BC whose GM decided he wanted to play Warhammer 40000 without telling anyone. I was in the guild at the time, and let me tell you, it got nasty. SO nasty it made several other websites.

Those kinds of things just dont happen anymore.
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    100 Troll Priest
    I remember Mikee and I being in <Fight Club>'s vent in an SSC run of theirs as they were exploding. It was awkward.

The other notable one I think that made WoW insiders was with Aluccor and <Revelation>...that was a thread I remember specifically.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Priest
    07/16/2012 12:27 AMPosted by Darktalyn
    ... you know where the name "Ravenfail" came from and who first coined the phrase.

Drawing a blank, fill me in?

you miss forum posts by Zephro, Dethricar, Padook, Alma, or Triv.

Yes, yes, yes, no, and yes.

you remember Sophiedoll and know Camirex, Landpwnian, and Dringet would have put him (or her) out of business.

Hard to compare, really. I feel like gold-making is a bigger part of the game now than it was back then.

you know why Gudwin = Kenny.

Died every fight.

you remember the time Requiem got hacked (oh noes!)

Reply Quote
    100 Troll Druid

The one that comes to mind is the thread about the disintegration of <The Firm>, an up-and-coming guild back in BC whose GM decided he wanted to play Warhammer 40000 without telling anyone. I was in the guild at the time, and let me tell you, it got nasty. SO nasty it made several other websites.

Those kinds of things just dont happen anymore.

Was this the "Bueller" thread? Or was that the <Bloodbath and Beyond> drama thread?

I miss the likes of Typhis and Viggyfuse as well! :(

I remember one time when Orath wanted me to run his Alliance shammy through some crap like Gnomer. We were in Ironforge, me on my Alli rogue and Orath on his shammy, and Typhis was there on his blood elf rogue. I told Orath to flag and for some reason he did, and Typhis immediately one-shot him. I roffled hard. :D

I also remember doing a 25-man Naxx pug with Cuddle Bare in the early months of WOTLK. We wiped on KT about a dozen times before the tank (Viggy) went afk because he was trashed. The sad thing is, he had been afk tanking on his bear for about 5 minutes before things started to go really badly. OP bears were OP!

I got to know a lot of Horde by hanging out at the Scryers' bank waiting for BG queues to pop. I really miss having a neutral hub city with Scryer/Aldor type factions that enable Horde and Alliance to mingle! Those were fun times. /nostalgiaface
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Warrior
    I would just like to point out that Zephro hasn't been online in 7 days. Yet he is still posting on the Forums.
    Dedication.
    I don't know if that is really the right word but I'll go with it.
    Reply Quote
    100 Gnome Warlock
    Made back the money I spent on D3
    No raiding, no reason to logon. Too busy on beta becoming the pokemon masta. Razi gun git beat down.
    Reply Quote
    100 Human Priest
    07/16/2012 04:52 PMPosted by Shadowpope

Drawing a blank, fill me in?

Initially, Ravencrest's horde-to-alliance ratio was much closer than it is now. We even had several horde progression guilds. One-by-one, they began to implode and many horde players transferred off the server. Based on the horde raiding situation, Dethricar dubbed us "Ravenfail, destroyer of guilds". It stuck.

Going back to the subject of drama, anyone remember that thread where some jerk posted something like "any *good* guilds recruiting"? Oh, man, so rude...

Also, I've heard really good things about the WoW version of Pokemon. Is it well-done?
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    100 Troll Priest
    It's awesome, I've been on the beta checking it out.

Zephro, you are absolutely WRONG if you think you are going to take me out. I will destroy you.
    Reply Quote
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    Uh-oh, Fourwind keeps telling me on Skype that he is THE POKEMON MASTAH and that by default he knows everything and should not be questioned. Why don't you three try to form the Elite Four? I'm sure it won't be too hard to find another person to fill in the last slot.
    Reply Quote
    - World of Warcraft
    100 Troll Priest
    He might know real Pokémon, but I have him beat in WoW Pokémon! :P

Also, you know you have been on RC too long when you remember a time when Sheraton's bags weren't full of vanity items.
    Reply Quote
    100 Gnome Warlock
    I remember when he was a Shaman that failed at enhancement rng.
    Reply Quote
    100 Troll Druid
    I remember when he helped a bunch of people from Mercenaries Brigade kill a fel reaver in Hellfire Peninsula on said shaman. He was an un-grouped sixth person for extra DPS. Every time I solo those now I always think of that. lol
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]