RAF Reward email - legit?

(Locked)

85 Troll Druid
07/11/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Arthmael
I also received the exact same email. But I was never eligible for the mount. Now all of a sudden it's showed up in the referral and rewards.

They sent it to everyone.
Support Forum Agent
07/11/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Arthmael
I also received the exact same email. But I was never eligible for the mount. Now all of a sudden it's showed up in the referral and rewards.

You may not have previously been eligible for the mount because the account you recruited had not yet added 2 months of game time. When that changed, which was fairly recent, you would have been granted the mount that you could redeem on one of your characters.

07/11/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Swiv
They sent it to everyone.

It should only be going to those who are currently eligible to redeem the mount.
Edited by Vrakthris on 7/11/2012 7:58 PM PDT
73 Dwarf Priest
That is likely a legitimate email, Iamthewalrus. As announced back in [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/5203164"]April [/url]we are retiring the X-53 Touring Rocket and we want to make sure that folks out there who are able to redeem it, do so before it is too late.

I just find it strange that Blizzard emails are normally prettified with graphics, fancy fonts and formatting, whereas this is very plain. (It does have some HTML formatting, but all black text on white apart from the links.)

The majority of our emails, except for promotional announcements, should be fairly plan. As far as I am aware they have been for awhile now.

I would have expected the RAF mount change to fall under the promotional category. Also, this email was HTML formatted to give it the look-and-feel of plain text, while not strictly being plain text - that is what immediately raised the alarm bells. But thanks for confirming the likely legitimacy of this email Vrak. 8^)
73 Dwarf Priest
07/11/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Vrakthris
Question: if we do not claim our X-53 Touring Rockets, will there be an option to select an Obsidian Nightwing instead (later)?

The language in the email would imply that the current deadline is just to redeem the X-53, though I will seek clarification so we can be absolutely certain.

I would love to get some clarification on this too. When the Zhevra was retired unclaimed mounts turned into the X-53 Rocket - I am hoping the same will happen here so I can get the Obsidian Nightwing without having to do another RAF. ;^)
80 Blood Elf Hunter
07/11/2012 07:51 PMPosted by Vrakthris
The language in the email would imply that the current deadline is just to redeem the X-53, though I will seek clarification so we can be absolutely certain.

Also wondering this.
Support Forum Agent
07/11/2012 08:10 PMPosted by Iamthewalrus
I would love to get some clarification on this too. When the Zhevra was retired unclaimed mounts turned into the X-53 Rocket - I am hoping the same will happen here so I can get the Obsidian Nightwing without having to do another RAF. ;^)

I received a reply to my inquiry a bit faster than I expected. Yes, this is how it is intended to work this time around. So, if you qualify for the mount through the Recruit a Friend promotion you have until the 15th to redeem the X-53. If you do not, you'll have the option to get the new mount, once it is released.
Edited by Vrakthris on 7/17/2012 2:10 PM PDT
90 Undead Mage
Will the Obsidian Nightwing be attainable in 5 days when the rocket expires, or will we have to wait till 5.0 to use it (or does this mean 5.0 drops in 5 days?)
85 Night Elf Priest
I got the same email and thought it fishy as well, so I googled the subject line and that brought me here. I was planning on on getting this mount this week via creating a 2nd account to raf. Once I got the email I was like...wha??? cause I hadn't started the process yet. I didn't click on any links in the email but I did go to battlenet and found my raf history/status and there it was!

Turns out I had done this back in 2009! And forgot to redeem the damn thing. If it weren't for this email I woulda lost out... coulda had it all this time.../feels like a dumb.

Sooo... it's legit yo.

Edit to add: verified in game I have the mount, can check my achievies
Edited by Maraiza on 7/11/2012 10:06 PM PDT
86 Pandaren Shaman
Hey i just checked my referral and rewards i have an unclaimed mount but i never got this email does that mean i cannot get the new mount?
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
Oh thank heavens it was a legit email, although I do have another question - when was this list generated? When I RAFed myself (again) a couple of days ago I went and claimed the rocket mount so I shouldn't have gotten this email at all.

Not to mention the fact that I received it on my PREVIOUS Battle.net email.

If you have any idea what's going on there that'd be great.
1 Dwarf Shaman
ok i have the rocket on my account now do i have to recruit a new person to get that new mount or do i get one for doing the recruit a friend thing anyways?
90 Human Hunter
Is this "mount" going to be account-wide come Mists, or it going to be something we need to attain per character?
Edited by Rethenn on 7/12/2012 1:30 AM PDT
80 Gnome Rogue
AnW
07/12/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Wiggless
ok i have the rocket on my account now do i have to recruit a new person to get that new mount or do i get one for doing the recruit a friend thing anyways?

You'll have to recruit a new friend (or yourself) in order to get the new mount.

07/12/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Rethenn
Is this "mount" going to be account-wide come Mists, or it going to be something we need to attain per character?

Apparently it is in the Beta, but until MoP goes live, anything can change.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
07/11/2012 11:07 PMPosted by Windwake
Hey i just checked my referral and rewards i have an unclaimed mount but i never got this email does that mean i cannot get the new mount?

Your spam filter probably blocked the email, if you can redeem the mount you can redeem the mount. You don't need an email telling you to do something.

07/12/2012 01:07 AMPosted by Wiggless

You only get one mount per successful recruit a friend, you'd need to do another one if you want another mount.

07/12/2012 01:29 AMPosted by Rethenn

Vrak answered that one, well, as much as he could.

07/11/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Vrakthris
It is a promotional item, a reward for recruiting another and meeting a specific criteria. Not sure if that will be spread to the entire account and until that information is officially released I couldn't say one way or another.
90 Worgen Druid
I wish I'd seen the bit on here about leaving the rocket unclaimed to get the new reward--I didn't understand that from the e-mail and claimed the rocket. :(

I too had forgotten I'd had the reward pending and available from 2009! I'm silly.
90 Night Elf Druid
Yay, got the Zhevra, the Rocket, and now gonna get the Nightwing!
90 Draenei Shaman
I have had a 2nd account, floating around since xmas.

never bothered to activate it yet..

But i LOVE the mounts where someone gets to ride you (sandstone drake, etc).. so this may encourage me to sign up my 2nd account at least long enough to get the mount :)
85 Gnome Priest
One of my accounts did a "refer a friend" a while ago, but I never claimed the item--I completely forgot until just now. Is there a way to figure out which account I used that should be getting the reward?

NM, posted after reading page 1 and just saw some info on page 2.
Edited by Frox on 7/12/2012 7:49 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
07/11/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Vrakthris

I received a reply to my inquiry a bit faster than I expected. Yes, this is how it is intended to work this time around. So, if you qualify for the mount through the Recruit a Friend promotion you have until the 17th to redeem the X-53. If you do not, you'll have the option to get the new mount, once it is released.

Sweet! I'm glad I came here before claiming the rocket on an alt - I'd rather have the new mount on my main :D
85 Troll Warlock
I wish I had known this before claiming my 2 rockets :( The e-mail made it sound like I would lose all rewards if I didn't claim them now, and that the new mount would be just for new referrals. I wish the e-mail would have clarified that we have the choice to wait for the new mount.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]