Hows Duskwood been?

90 Orc Shaman
Heyo!

So, horde side seems pretty dead when i log on lol, Hows ally side? Looks like a few newer guilds hanging around, thats always a good sign.

So I see Spoon is still around and kicking, Looks like Keithys gang over in Altmatic/Blame Niquil must of came back recently with some new HM kills last week? Final Stand and Zion had some kills last month? Any other Older guilds around? BC Era or early wrath, Ally side? I know Epic Vendor left.

Hordes looking prety much new blood? Except potential?

You guys looking forward to MoP? Anyone Beta'ing? We are thinking about trying some Beta Raiding, maybe we could hook up with some of you guys push soome raids, 25 or 10 man even, on the beta servers?

Is deadlystrike still showing duskwood how to get it done in style?! lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
It's funny you ask. I can't speak for the alliance side (I'm hardly ever on my shaman over there), but horde seems to be in a quiet lull atm. On the plus side, there doesn't seem to be much, if any, flaming going on between guilds, like I saw in the past, and any of the folks I've talked to in other guilds have been very cool, and happy to offer advice. Flaming between idiots in trade chat (myself included) is still alive and well, though. It's like watching a soap opera, and I'm just waiting for the season finale cliffhanger, where we find out that Fatty and Isabella are IRL brother and sister, and she's pregnant with his half-alien baby.

Apologies in advance, if I miss any guilds, but I'm aware of the following horde guilds, still running weekly DS with some level of heroics:

- Potential
- Derpwood
- Wiping As Intended
- OTC
- Imaginary Monsters
- BAMF (I assume)
- Sinister Forces
- Synergy
- Ricin

I'm also sure that there are a number of people playing on the beta, or diablo 3, or SWTOR, or Barbie Island Adventures. No telling.
Edited by Embermoon on 7/12/2012 10:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
We are pretty active only within our guild though since Duskwood is meh, but many of us in guild are active on OpenRaid and we're doing weekly raids through that platform. Derpwood is on beta, our guild is setup on Lost Isles server if you are interested.
Edited by Nick on 7/12/2012 10:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah, see, everyone keeps to themselves, whereas on alliance side there is plenty of... intermingling.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Fatty and Isabella .

U mean Fattykins?! lol He came over to Area 52 with us from where ever he was prior if you were lol Ill have to ask if he is having a baby =) haha

Ya Nick, I might hit you up, I dont remember you from when i was on duskwood laster year, did you guys transfer in?

Ya ally side im sure is a bit more active, not always the pick of the litter, but always people around.

I was just talking to my buddy Keepinualive about our last few weeks on Ally side back in the begining of Icecrown raid, when we would tag along to a Spoon 25 Ulduar run, or one of marvs many TOGC attempts lol Good times.
Edited by Chad on 7/12/2012 10:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
07/12/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Rowynn
Yeah, see, everyone keeps to themselves, whereas on alliance side there is plenty of... intermingling.

This x 1000000

Alliance side I can pug anything on my alts. The minute I go horde side I can't pug !@#$. The few pugs that I manage to find are medicore. The last run I did was a week or 2 ago on my horde pally where I did more healing on my undergeared pally with no 4p bonus than the other 2 healers combined. >.<

And the real kicker was that after the boss was dead they only complained about the dps charts.

*Head on desk*
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warrior
Hey Chad! I still miss the Brown Brotha raiding team :(

Say hello to everyone!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Hey Chad! I still miss the Brown Brotha raiding team :(

Say hello to everyone!

haha what up buddy! and I shall, u should come hang out sometime, A52 is pretty awesome man, roll an alt, ull keep ur self busy all the time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
07/12/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Tiesha

This x 1000000

Alliance side I can pug anything on my alts. The minute I go horde side I can't pug !@#$. The few pugs that I manage to find are medicore. The last run I did was a week or 2 ago on my horde pally where I did more healing on my undergeared pally with no 4p bonus than the other 2 healers combined. >.<

And the real kicker was that after the boss was dead they only complained about the dps charts.

*Head on desk*

This is what ally was like in wrath though lol pugs were....very hit n miss
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I am on beta alot, but ally side. And really only on there so much cuz of the lock overhaul that's going on like playing a new class. Have done a handful of raid boss testing. 1 of them extremely undertuned but it seemed like it had cool mechanics going on, guess that's what lfr will be like for it lol. The other 4 have been a ton of fun, some cool new mechanics, neat ways of combining the styles of older bosses into 1 boss. A couple of them visually just look wicked.

I think I may have given up on live though, trade chat last night was spamming murloc movies. I don't remember that happening even at the end of wrath. Probably just getting old lol.

I am excited for mop though abit disappointed on the lore of it, but the content they are adding is massive if it all ships like they say it is, 16 bosses in tier 14 and 2 world bosses to add to it. Not to mention everything else.

Hmm Barbie Island Adventure huh? I can get past the pixels is it fun?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

I think I may have given up on live though, trade chat last night was spamming murloc movies. I don't remember that happening even at the end of wrath. Probably just getting old lol.

At least horde side that crap happened all the time at the end of Wrath, much more so than it ever did in Cata.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
07/12/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Rowynn

Dealing with the general public on Duskwood is a headache. Keeping it within our guild makes things a lot more enjoyable and fun. Plus a lot of us setup raids on OpenRaid so we are constantly doing stuff and keeping busy. I wish we could "intermingle" with the pugs, but it never works out correctly because the player skill base is below average. I have done 1 pug on this server and I will never ever do it again, i'm pretty sure we've all been there. If you want a more active raid / pvp environment quit your current guild and join one that is actually doing something.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
@brug, ya man i heard locks were getting a massive overhaul, you like the changes so far or?

@nick, pugging got way worse around Firelands, durring wrath and even Tier 11, things were really good horde side, thats why my guild came over from Ally, at one time we had, idk maybe 10 Semi solid guilds horde side? So pugs went well. at the end of wrath we had...Shai, Leap, KT, Potential, us in dishonored, and maybe what? all running 25 mans, Plus a lot of 10 mans like Anomaly, so trade was full of people who could raid....Now, idk, when they took away more perks to do 25s small server got the shaft.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Don't really enjoy the stance dancing that demonology has become, but I am enjoying affliction and destruction both so far.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
07/13/2012 06:49 AMPosted by Nick

Dealing with the general public on Duskwood is a headache. Keeping it within our guild makes things a lot more enjoyable and fun. Plus a lot of us setup raids on OpenRaid so we are constantly doing stuff and keeping busy. I wish we could "intermingle" with the pugs, but it never works out correctly because the player skill base is below average. I have done 1 pug on this server and I will never ever do it again, i'm pretty sure we've all been there. If you want a more active raid / pvp environment quit your current guild and join one that is actually doing something.

But.... my friends are in Anomaly.
I've been using OpenRaid for a while now. It's how I had my weekly Firelands raid set up. Everyone has their mount now, though, so that's mostly over with. The best part about using OpenRaid was making friends from another realm whom we will be joining in MoP. Hooray for OpenRaid!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
U needz to let me come back a 2nd time Distubia so i can haz mount! =) just saying
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah I'm gonna see if everyone will come back to help out a few friends. I know a couple people might still be wanting some staff parts. Whenever I can get into mumble with everyone I'll talk it over and hopefully we can work it out!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
07/16/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Chad
mount!
mien
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
07/16/2012 02:33 PMPosted by Rowynn
Yeah I'm gonna see if everyone will come back to help out a few friends. I know a couple people might still be wanting some staff parts. Whenever I can get into mumble with everyone I'll talk it over and hopefully we can work it out!

Your shammy better stay put else I'll make an alt on your new realm and follow you around while typing /spoon :p

I think I may regret rolling my second priest horde side. She's 85 and all epiced out with nowhere to go. At least she can make me some bags.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]