Thread moved.

I have made a new thread which can be found here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7922982619
Edited by Dierde on 2/18/2013 4:58 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Innnteresting. I may have to join in on this.
Reply Quote
41 Worgen Warrior
Yay pirates! I may have an alt who'd fit in...
Reply Quote
98 Gnome Warlock
I once tried to join the horde side of a dual-faction Pirate themed guild like this back in Wrath but they self-destructed on the launch pad. And not trying to derail a recruitment thread or anything but I have to ask...

A pirate themed guild sounds like a lot of fun on the surface. But once you get past all the pirate cliche's (for example Worgen speaking like Long John Silver instead of like a Gilnean)...is there sufficient story and character depth there to actually keep an RP guild afloat?

- Forbs
"For Gnomeregan!"
Reply Quote
The guild does actually have a story behind it, though I still have to post that on the site itself. Dierde here has a very long and in depth history and personality as well. I intend to have rp story lined events that would help drive the guild story further on, as well as some that are perhaps a bit on the silly side that do little more then let us have fun.

So far as my accent...I hadn't nailed it down really until I decided to start this guild and it's still evolving. It will likely be a mixture of the Gilnean accent and a Long John Silver style of speaking once it evolves fully.

I really hope that anyone who joins this guild has developed characters that aren't just caricatures of some pirate they happen to be a fan of, that is not the intent of this guild. We do want to have a fun and be a little cliche, but we also want to be taken as a serious rp guild that has allies and enemies. I hope that this helps with any of the worries you may have about a pirate themed guild Forbs.

I also want to make it known that I'm drawing heavily on pirate history to be fairly accurate to how the articles would be drawn up. This is also the same for the ranks that I used, and will use in the future if the guild gets big enough to merit an expansion on them. I am glad to see so many posts already and I hope that you can have fun with us, even if you don't join our guild.

-Alizabeth Dierde Kearse
Captain of The Sea Wolf

Edit: I would also like to add that there is a more sinister outside force involved in this as well. There will be things that need to be done for this outside force that may be hinted at, but the guild as a whole will not know about 100%. So there's an added bit of mystery there as well.
Edited by Dierde on 7/14/2012 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/14/2012 12:24 PMPosted by Dierde
Edit: I would also like to add that there is a more sinister outside force involved in this as well. There will be things that need to be done for this outside force that may be hinted at, but the guild as a whole will not know about 100%. So there's an added bit of mystery there as well.

Is it Old Gods? It's Old Gods, isn't it?
Reply Quote
Pirates? On my ship? I'll see they all hang.

I- ohdeargod why am i posting on this character NO DISPLAY PIC SHOW THE HUMAN FOOORM. T_T
Reply Quote
Heh Mod no it isn't. XD Almost as bad though.

Your ship? I think we may have a bit of an impasse here lass.
Reply Quote
Yeah, about that.

Occasionally, I just get these spurts where I channel a bit of Treasure Planet into applicable topics.

Ship shape, Captain. d(^.~)z
Reply Quote
Haha, nothing wrong with that love. It will make this thread all the more fun.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Who should I look for to sign the Horde charter?
Reply Quote
The character I have the charter on is Kupsy, but I'm on Rajayah right now. So feel free to whisper me! I'm in a meeting, but we can set something up for you to sign.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I have a little pirate lass on Horde side that's looking for a home (since her ship was wrecked during the Cataclysm. Second one too!). She's got a bit of history, but the fact that you're actively looking up and studying up on historical pirating terms and ranks has my attention. I did the same when I wrote her character out.

Full Disclosure: She's a reroll of a character I had on another server, and I haven't had the time I'd like to get her back up to level 15 YET, but I'm working on it. Her name's Annun, so you can whisper me either on her or on Silver here. (Unless we get an answer as to whom we need to contact.)

Edit: Got that answer, so nevermind whispering me.
Edited by Silverskye on 7/14/2012 7:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Sorry for my late response Silver. I actually went afk to murder myself with some cardio and just got back. I've tried to search for you, but did not find you. I'll try again though.

Edit:
I am currently on Kupsy, horde side, for anyone interested.
Edited by Dierde on 7/14/2012 9:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
We have the charter signed Horde side now. The guild is up and running!
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Edit: I've given him a name and cleaned the story up a bit.

Drogdar was raised by his Human father who was a mage and was curious about what raising a Half-Orc to be a mage would be like so he bought a female Orc from an interment camp and forced her to have his child. When Drogdar found out at the age or 12 he went into his first blood rage and killed his father, he then cleaned up and lied to the guards before sneaking out.
Drogdar had no knowledge of how to survive in the wild but he came across an Orge Warlock who was currently killing serveral Human treasure hunters, Drogdar noticed a Human who was about to strike the Ogre from behind so Half-Orc decided to kill the Human with a fireball. Once the Ogre had killed the rest he spoke to Drogdar and after a few minutes of talking Drogdar had convinced the Ogre to teach him.
After several years Drogdar had finished his training and decided to go out and the Ogre sent him away, he followed a road to Booty Bay and found work as a sailor while keeping his magical abilities secret. After a couple of months the ship was attacked by pirates who overpowered the crew until Drogdar used his demonic magic to kill them, the crew were so scared afterwards they decided to throw him overboard while he slept.
As luck would have it the tides carried him to the shore of Dustwallow Marsh where he was found by a Theramore scouting party and taken to Theramore Isle where he was put in a cell because they thought he was an Orc spy sent by Thrall even though Drogdar didn't even know who Thrall was.
A week later he was awoken by the sounds of combat, he noticed his guards were missing so he took the chance to escape. After stealing a small boat he fled North to the Goblin settlement Ratchet where became an apprentice to a Goblin Alchemist in exchange for some manual labour. When the Cataclysm happened a bottle of acid had fallen on the Goblin due to the earthquake and his possesions went to his nephew so now Drogdar is looking for work yet again.
Edited by Mordran on 7/14/2012 9:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This seems feasible, especially since there are several half-orcs in lore. Two of them are half human so I would allow this. ^_^ You have a good idea for his back story in my opinion so just contact any of the people listed in the first post Horde side for more information and to join when/if you would like to.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
07/14/2012 10:39 PMPosted by Dierde
This seems feasible, especially since there are several half-orcs in lore. Two of them are half human so I would allow this. ^_^ You have a good idea for his back story in my opinion so just contact any of the people listed in the first post Horde side for more information and to join when/if you would like to.

Cool, I made half if his story while writing that post. Should I wait till vlv 15 or will you allow a low level in?
Reply Quote
Unfortunately we do require that you be at least level 15 to join at the moment.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Okay, I'll start leveling in a bit.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]