[H] DS GDKP raid - Sat 7/21, 8pm PDT

85 Undead Warrior
Hello everyone,

I'm hosting a Dragon Soul GDKP raid for Saturday 7/21 @ 8p server (30% nerf FTW). At this point I'd love to do a 25-man for more loot/gold, but if I cannot get enough interested people I'll trim it down to 10-man and still proceed. All loot will be auctioned off to the highest bidder, min bids start at 1,000g and min raises 500g thereafter. All money collected from loot goes into a pot which will be split evenly among all raiders at the end of the raid.

I'm looking for two specific types of people for this raid --
  • Toons who are already geared (390+ PvE ilevel), can provide substantial DPS/Healing/Tanking contributions and are primarily interested in "carrying" the second group of people.
  • Wealthy undergeared toons (alts) who are interested in quickly gearing up in 397 gear and are willing to spend gold on upgrades. Must be carrying a minimum of 10k cash if you fall into this group

If you are interested in attending please reply to this thread with your preferred toon(s) or whisper/mail Teo in game. Make sure to specify whether you are coming as a 'geared toon' (looking to earn cash or to splurge on that one specific item that's eluded you so far), or if you are coming as an 'undergeared toon' and ready to spend money on upgrades.

All players are expected to come prepared with proper a PvE spec, enchants and gems. Flasks & feasts will be provided for the raid at no cost. Ventrilo (at least to listen), a stable computer/connection and proper raiding mods (ie- DBM or equivalent) are required. All players are expected to perform at their best regardless of gear (ie, being an undergeared alt is no excuse for not clicking the button or following Raid Leader directions). Any raid members who fail to follow directions, have DC/AFK issues or are otherwise a hindrance to the raid will be removed and forfeit their share of the pot.

All players must also have cleared DS on at least LFR mode and be familiar with the non-LFR mechanics for all bosses. Each fight/strat will be briefly explained before boss pulls, but each raider is still responsible for knowing the fights independently.

Here are the official GDKP rules that will be posted in raid chat before the instance begins:
This is a GDKP run. All items of value (Epics, BOE's, Enchant mats, Orbs) that drop will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. The combined Gold Pot from all Auction Sales will be split evenly 25-ways to everyone at the end of the raid.

Raid members will only receive their share of the gold pot if they are present in the raid when the final boss dies, no exceptions. You forfeit your share of the Pot if you have to leave early or need to be replaced. You may be replaced if:

- You AFK for more than 5 minutes without informing the Raid Leader
- You DC for more than 5 minutes
- Your Raid Performance is terrible, Eg: You don't listen to Raid Leader's instructions, DPS is terrible for your level of gear etc.

All Auctions and Bids will be in public raid chat. Items have minimum bids, but no maximum bid. No private tells for bids are accepted. No loot is reserved. There is no extra loot/gold for the raid leader.

If any of this is unclear or you have questions, please speak up now.

General FAQ
What is GDKP?
GDKP stands for "Gold DKP". Players bid on loot (in raid chat) with gold. The bidding for all loot will start at 1,000g with 500g minimum raises thereafer. The gold collected is put in to a pot and split evenly among players at the end of the run. There are no "main specs" or "off specs" when considering loot, whoever places the highest bid on an item wins it.

Why is GDKP better?
  • GDKP is the most efficient way to play World of Warcraft; down content, obtain sweet loot, and make decent money simultaneously. Play less and get more for your time.
  • There is no "luck" in GDKP. Your pocket is the limit.
  • GDKP runs grab players by the balls. Generally, raiders are known to play better, pay attention, and be on their best behavior to protect their best interest; their money!
  • GDKP is the happy medium between guild runs and PuGs.

Is it safe?
Yes. Blizzard's terms of service strictly prohibits scamming of other players -- which is exactly what "ninjaing" of the GDKP pot is considered. For more information on how players are protected, visit the Elitist Jerk thread here
http://elitistjerks.com/f15/t77416-gdkp_run_discussion_spread_your_server/
Edited by Teo on 7/20/2012 3:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I may have missed it.

Are you doing this on Normals?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Yeah, backing up raffi's comment..

How do you plan to carry a group of people even if it's 3-5 through a heroic 25man DS?

I'm just going to assume that it's normal... and if it were to be normal wouldn't people willing to spend 10k+ on gear just travel with a 8/8HM guild that's selling runs? I don't think this will pull through, especially on the horde faction

It's a nice post though ^^
Edited by Hircine on 7/19/2012 8:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Yes, I should have clarified, this is indeed a Normal mode run. I'd LOVE to get 25 people to attend for more loots/gold, but as I stated above if the interest isn't there then I've already got more than 10 people on standby and will pare it down to bring a mix of geared raiders and undergeared alts ready to spend money on upgrades.

And I'm not charging anyone 10k for gear, that's simply an amount I expect the 'undergeareds' to have on them if they want an invite to the raid. Bids start at 1,000g as I feel that's more than fair for what a 397 piece would go for on the AH at this point in the expansion, and honestly I don't think it's asking too much for undergeared toons to be able to at least open trade and show me 10k for a raid spot. I will never force anyone to spend money, but given the choice between taking "Undergeared Alt X" who has 10k to spend on potential upgrades vs "Undergeared Alt Y" who doesn't have that money on him, I know who would have priority for the spot. Obviously if people already have gear then I don't care how much gold they're carrying.

And hah, I wish there was someone selling 8/8HM Horde-side runs on this server, as far as I can tell there are really only two ways to do DS -- established guilds farming it, and people in trade scratching and clawing to form a group that ultimately breaks up at Ultraxion. I led literally dozens of successful GDKP runs (3x a week on different toons) back in WoTLK/ICC days and am confident that this GDKP would be smoother than a typical PUG, which at this point is all I can hope for in order to see the content, so I'm just hoping for the best with this :)

oh yeah, and /bump
Edited by Teo on 7/20/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I fully support you doing this, it's my wish we'd do more. But then we need players for that sort of thing.

Here's to seeing it happen.

I might have something to say about selling a 8/8 Heroic run in a week or so though.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
I'm actually lowering the prices down to 1000g min bid / 500g min raise to hopefully draw more interest, will still prioritize half the raid spots for those with strong gear and the remaining 'undergeared' spots will be prioritized by whichever toons are carrying the most gold to potentially buy upgrades.

And thanks for the encouragement Raffi, I'm just sorry I missed out on your GDKP run a few months back... Keep me in mind too, I've got some coin to offer if you ever wind up selling an 8/8HM slot :)
Edited by Teo on 7/20/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Teo,

Elleriee is interested, Rogue, Combat looking for shoulders, trinkets, fingers and any 410 stuff.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]