I'm hosting a Dragon Soul GDKP raid for Saturday 7/21 @ 8p server (30% nerf FTW). At this point I'd love to do a 25-man for more loot/gold, but if I cannot get enough interested people I'll trim it down to 10-man and still proceed. All loot will be auctioned off to the highest bidder, min bids start at 1,000g and min raises 500g thereafter. All money collected from loot goes into a pot which will be split evenly among all raiders at the end of the raid.
I'm looking for two specific types of people for this raid --
- Toons who are already geared (390+ PvE ilevel), can provide substantial DPS/Healing/Tanking contributions and are primarily interested in "carrying" the second group of people.
- Wealthy undergeared toons (alts) who are interested in quickly gearing up in 397 gear and are willing to spend gold on upgrades. Must be carrying a minimum of 10k cash if you fall into this group
If you are interested in attending please reply to this thread with your preferred toon(s) or whisper/mail Teo in game. Make sure to specify whether you are coming as a 'geared toon' (looking to earn cash or to splurge on that one specific item that's eluded you so far), or if you are coming as an 'undergeared toon' and ready to spend money on upgrades.
All players are expected to come prepared with proper a PvE spec, enchants and gems. Flasks & feasts will be provided for the raid at no cost. Ventrilo (at least to listen), a stable computer/connection and proper raiding mods (ie- DBM or equivalent) are required. All players are expected to perform at their best regardless of gear (ie, being an undergeared alt is no excuse for not clicking the button or following Raid Leader directions). Any raid members who fail to follow directions, have DC/AFK issues or are otherwise a hindrance to the raid will be removed and forfeit their share of the pot.
All players must also have cleared DS on at least LFR mode and be familiar with the non-LFR mechanics for all bosses. Each fight/strat will be briefly explained before boss pulls, but each raider is still responsible for knowing the fights independently.
Here are the official GDKP rules that will be posted in raid chat before the instance begins:
This is a GDKP run. All items of value (Epics, BOE's, Enchant mats, Orbs) that drop will be auctioned off to the highest bidder. The combined Gold Pot from all Auction Sales will be split evenly 25-ways to everyone at the end of the raid.
Raid members will only receive their share of the gold pot if they are present in the raid when the final boss dies, no exceptions. You forfeit your share of the Pot if you have to leave early or need to be replaced. You may be replaced if:
- You AFK for more than 5 minutes without informing the Raid Leader
- You DC for more than 5 minutes
- Your Raid Performance is terrible, Eg: You don't listen to Raid Leader's instructions, DPS is terrible for your level of gear etc.
All Auctions and Bids will be in public raid chat. Items have minimum bids, but no maximum bid. No private tells for bids are accepted. No loot is reserved. There is no extra loot/gold for the raid leader.
If any of this is unclear or you have questions, please speak up now.
What is GDKP?
GDKP stands for "Gold DKP". Players bid on loot (in raid chat) with gold. The bidding for all loot will start at 1,000g with 500g minimum raises thereafer. The gold collected is put in to a pot and split evenly among players at the end of the run. There are no "main specs" or "off specs" when considering loot, whoever places the highest bid on an item wins it.
Why is GDKP better?
- GDKP is the most efficient way to play World of Warcraft; down content, obtain sweet loot, and make decent money simultaneously. Play less and get more for your time.
- There is no "luck" in GDKP. Your pocket is the limit.
- GDKP runs grab players by the balls. Generally, raiders are known to play better, pay attention, and be on their best behavior to protect their best interest; their money!
- GDKP is the happy medium between guild runs and PuGs.
Is it safe?
Yes. Blizzard's terms of service strictly prohibits scamming of other players -- which is exactly what "ninjaing" of the GDKP pot is considered. For more information on how players are protected, visit the Elitist Jerk thread here